De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

this seems like a simple but cute story so far

yuri_addict012
joined Oct 4, 2022

arashi san and takane san

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

It seems like this might be a bit predictable but it looks fun still. :)

Image_2022-09-30_164613543
joined Apr 4, 2020

So Ishidou Natsuo but she has a nice personality

joined Apr 11, 2019

Okaaay what can we see from one chapter alone? just facts
1 She's lonely, no friends apparently
2 The new girl just gained a whole lot of enemies, potentially yanderes

My doubts and conjectures

1 The president of the school council has either a huge ego or confidence, or she's already in love with someone else, I'm interested in her.
2 I hope the transfer student noticed something beyond the looks to approach her so boldly, why are you so insistent that it has to be her? I would like to know.

She might've noticed how Prince (I'm bad with names) carried a lonely expression, or the fact Prince was by herself inspite of all the positive words people spoke of her.

My theory for the student council girl is that she's aro-ace, but your theory is probably more likely.

joined Apr 11, 2019

I actually really liked what I read of the first chapter. The other girls fawning over Prince so strongly is kind of weird, but I believe it's so over the the top for emphasis and comedy. While the "lonely girl with no friends" trope is common, I'm ok with it if it has an explanation that makes sense. Plus, a handsome girl suffering Attractiveness Isolation (the TV Tropes name for this trope) is a gimmick I haven't seen before. At the very least, the characters are likeable and Prince has a lot of depth. I'm excited to see where this story goes.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Cool girl with lots of fans but no actual friends” is a very common yuri trope. Off the top of my head:

• A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow
  • The Secret of the Princess
  • She Gets Girls Every Day
  • Please Spoil Me, Hinamori-san

I’m sure there must be others.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

the art style is super cute and mid-2000s without being heavy-handed trashy shoujo style, I like it

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 4:58PM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I feel like two (grown?) men standing in the entrance to a girls' school and literally saying they'll force girls to come with them against their will is something you ask the police for help with. Or at least get a damn teacher!

joined May 1, 2015

Too many awful men in my yuri, they need to be exterminated.

joined Mar 23, 2022

hmmmm emptynesss, I still feel sus about shun

joined Oct 14, 2020

No dudes are going to stand in front of a school in broad daylight and practically announce they want to rape underage girls. I get it, men bad, but come on lmao.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I really like the premise of this manga, but the execution this chapter felt kinda off IMO. For one, the sleazy dudes were a bit much, with them immediately jumping to trying to force the girl right in front of the school gate. They could have just been like "well, if you aren't interested, then get out of our way so we can find someone who is", then tried to shove her out of the way, and it would have been the same result but felt a lot more reasonable.

They're also hammering in the whole "I don't get this prince stuff, she's just a girl to me" bit a little too bluntly; feels like Shun's saying something to that effect almost every other page. I can't wait until we get past all the exposition, and can just see the two leads playing off one another.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SunnyHyo posted:

No dudes are going to stand in front of a school in broad daylight and practically announce they want to rape underage girls. I get it, men bad, but come on lmao.

Yeah it was almost funny Lo/ I was like come oooooooooooon, and usually they DO have staff or teachers at the doors.

Well, the whole manga feels like a drama play, there's this feeling of unnatural succession of events and a bit over dramatic body language too, and they keep things unnaturally vague (like, a girl tried to hurt her TWICE but they still don't know who it is) for later... But I don't dislike it, if I'm aware to watch it like a drama from the start.

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 7:18PM

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

New girl is so sus

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 7:46PM

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Author is super-tripling down on sparkliness. Pepsodent-Chan is like a sun made flesh.

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 8:44PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I find this kind of refreshing. A bit of a throwback to the aughts, in a way. And the drawings are cute

joined May 29, 2021

At this rate Shun is going to be assassinated.

Yeah, I get what people are saying about this, but I’m kinda feeling the simple throwback vibe. It’s refreshingly quaint.

joined Sep 2, 2018

I'm sure others already noticed but putting my prediction in now:

Based on the title, this manga is memories going through Hinata's mind as she writes a love letter to give to Shun.

Bonus points?: The snow part refers to Hinata finally warming up to someone but she could also be giving Shun the letter in early spring or before a spring/summer break. Or better, if it's before a winter break where the weather will be warm by the time they return so she's leaving this letter for Shun to consider while the snow literally thaws, which she uses as a metaphor at the end of the letter.

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 10:18PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

I think the best way to read this manga is to approach it as a deliberately heightened version of reality. Hinata isn't just popular; she's super talented at everything and literally everyone at school faints just from talking to her. The obligatory pick-up artists aren't just sleazy, they openly declare they're going to just drag girls off if they're not stopped. Shun goes through every "melt the ice queen" trope in record speed, teachers are practically nonexistent, etc.

Viewed at through this lens, the way for the manga to succeed is to just become increasingly melodramatic with each chapter. Hopefully by chapter 6 Hinata will be taking a test to become officially the smartest high schooler in Japan and will succeed because Shun psychically beams encouragement directly into her mind. This is not sarcasm.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

SunnyHyo posted:

Yeah it was almost funny Lo/ I was like come oooooooooooon, and usually they DO have staff or teachers at the doors.

Well, the whole manga feels like a drama play, there's this feeling of unnatural succession of events and a bit over dramatic body language too, and they keep things unnaturally vague (like, a girl tried to hurt her TWICE but they still don't know who it is) for later... But I don't dislike it, if I'm aware to watch it like a drama from the start.

It makes me think of a soap opera, what with the over-the-top personalities and all. I agree that it’s still a pretty decent read once you start suspending your disbelief.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I've seen this whole schtick played for laughs a few times, although mostly in het. But it is kind of cute to see it played straight, old school.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

something about shun's looks... she seems like a total carnivore in disguise. would be an interesting development if shes actively seducing hinata while playing the fool.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I feel like two (grown?) men standing in the entrance to a girls' school and literally saying they'll force girls to come with them against their will is something you ask the police for help with. Or at least get a damn teacher!

It's just a stupid romcom trope. I've seen it in a million het and yuri stories. Apparently there is some kind of common pick up artist subculture in Japan, but the example of this one here is a bit absurd.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I think the thing that intrigues me most about this story is we're getting the story from the perspective of the "perfect prince". Usually they are a distant figure that the "normal" protagonist is unable to connect to, and kept mysterious. This time we're getting the story from the super characters perspective about the "normal" girl. I feel like we'll get some sort of big reveal about Shun at some point, or we're just gonna embrace this and run with it. Either way, it's a fun take, and I'm curious to see where it goes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.