Forum › Snow Thaw & Love Letter discussion

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I feel like pushing someone down a flight of stairs is such a common manga trope that I see almost never treated as attempted murder.

20220308_002456
joined Mar 8, 2022

With this pacing I expect Hinata and Shun will be holding hands by the end of next chapter

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

At this pace I expect the stalker to try to kill Shun within the next one or two chapters.

the prophecy was fulfilled

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Chrissakes, the pedal just punched through the floorboards! I'm Fred-Flintstone-ing this shit now!

...So.

There are two possibilities I'd like to see here:
- First, as a few people have already tossed around, the author is just doing a trope speedrun and playing it totally straight (heh).
- Or second, there's going to be a dramatic tonal/genre shift up ahead and this is all just an extended prologue.

Either way, party status is officially crazy.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

heeh quite funny how many were like ''this seems boring'' to now "maybe not" lol

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I feel like pushing someone down a flight of stairs is such a common manga trope that I see almost never treated as attempted murder.

I can't wait for a manga author to clue in on the fact that people die when they get killed and it's kinda a big deal to try to kill someone.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Push the stalker down the stairs instead, I accept no other outcome

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I can't wait for a manga author to clue in on the fact that people die when they get killed and it's kinda a big deal to try to kill someone.

Unfortunately some ppl dont die even if they are killed

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

They're fictional, what do you expect? :P

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right

last edited at Jan 9, 2023 12:29AM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right

The archer class really is full of archers

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I'm just glad they caught the bully.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Shun is so nice, just casually forgives nasty bullying plus murder attempt by a delusional damsel who inhaled too much shipnium.

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 2:38PM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I definitely was not expecting the harassment to be because the girl shipped Natsuki and Pres too hard; credit to the author for originality, even if it's pretty weird. Though I suppose it fits in with this manga's running theme of taking every trope and just turning it immediately up to 11, lol.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Simultaneously surprised and not surprised my prediction was correct. Still enjoying this manga a lot. Let's do another:
I predict that one of them will visit the others' house within the next one or two chapters.

I think this one is lower probability than the attempted murder, mainly because of the potential "Let's go on a date" route. But what's the fun of predictions if you cover all your bases?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Simultaneously surprised and not surprised my prediction was correct. Still enjoying this manga a lot. Let's do another:
I predict that one of them will visit the others' house within the next one or two chapters.

I think this one is lower probability than the attempted murder, mainly because of the potential "Let's go on a date" route. But what's the fun of predictions if you cover all your bases?

Just for giggles, put me down for cold > sickness visit.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Just for giggles, put me down for cold > sickness visit.

Oh oh and then lets put down their first official date will be to an aquarium!

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Since we skipped a lot of the dithering, I predict (forgot long hair's name, so let's call her )Takane will just go for broke and blurt everything out next chapter.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

"Is this feeling Natsuki has finally realized, love? Or..." Plenty of series has these drift-off "to be continued" type sentences and for the most part they're tolerable, but this one's just fucking amusingly dumb. No, ma'am, it's probably an ulcer, she should go to the doctor.

Also, as bad as it sounds, I actually like how the attempted murder played out with no serious consequences and even showcasing the new girl as a good egg in a way, but there definitely have to have been better ways to introduce her, really.

Honestly, though, I kinda like how things are shaping up, messy introduction/attempted murder and all, and I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop. Similarly to sunspawn, I'm also expecting Natsuki to be able to keep a solid poker face for maybe 3-5 pages, even fewer if teased further.

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 6:00PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

"Is this feeling Natsuki has finally realized, love? Or..." Plenty of series has these drift-off "to be continued" type sentences and for the most part they're tolerable, but this one's just fucking amusingly dumb. No, ma'am, it's probably an ulcer, she should go to the doctor.

I think is more like, poking fun at Natsuki's lack of emotional anything and her like, stoic obliviousness.

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

If you have attempt murder to keep your ship together, it ain't true

joined Apr 16, 2022

Shun is so nice, just casually forgives nasty bullying plus murder attempt by a delusional damsel who inhaled too much shipnium.

least deranged shipper

Edit: With how this manga has gone so far, I expect Meiko to instantly start hardcore shipping Natsuki/Shun next chapter.

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 9:25PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

If you ain't willing to attempt murder to keep your ship together, are you really a fan?

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

you say that but the first time I was cognizant of romantic feelings I was convinced it was an ulcer for a week

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

If you ain't willing to attempt murder to keep your ship together, are you really a fan?

This seems like the kind of conversation that requires a Nice Boat reference.

To reply you must either login or sign up.