Forum › Posts by Kungcat

joined Apr 11, 2019

My prediction: Yuzu will try to get some alone time with Minami.

joined Apr 11, 2019

I fully belive Yuzu's caught feelings. She either hasn't realised, assumes Minami doesn't feel the same, or is in the same boat as Minami and trying to "win her girl" but is too dense to flirt properly.

joined Apr 11, 2019

I'm still holding onto my belief that Shun is more aware of her surroundings than she comes across, and that she first approached Hinata because she noticed her lonely expression.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 9:41AM

joined Apr 11, 2019

Weirdly enough, what I'm most curious about with this story is whether or not Marika would face consequences for not declaring income.

joined Apr 11, 2019

Daily pay could be manipulation but it also makes it more plausible and attractive even without loss aversion. "Be my bitch for 100 days and I'll give you $10,000 at the end" leaves one doubting if you'll get paid. Conversely, there's no way to enforce Marika giving any money back.

Theoretically, there's room for blackmail if Marika doesn't keep her word. ("Give me the money back or I tell your classmates you didcompensated dating,") I don't think Marika would even attempt to double cross Aya by keeping the money.

joined Apr 11, 2019

~BADLY WRITTEN RANT AHEAD~

This manga is in a weird place in my head. It's like watching a beautiful train crash off a cliff, but you cant see the bottom and cant know for sure it really crashed.

I get the feeling Aya genuinely cares about Marikia. The moments Aya felt embarrassed or opened up felt genuine. At the very least, felt more genuine than her smug persona.

I completely agree with what people are saying about Aya being too forceful. Anyone notice how Aya gives Marika 10k per day instead of 1m at the end, even though Marika has to give the money back if she fails either the wager or the contract? That's a manipulation tactic. If she were to give Mari the money at the end, Mari could quit at any point and not feel any loss. Whereas by giving the money to her a little at a time, the situation changes from "I could lose out on the chance for 1m" to "I'll be losing 500k." It's taking advantage of loss aversion and the sunk cost fallacy to keep Marika hooked. Highly suspicious.

I have no idea where this story could go from here. Marika has very clear growing feelings for Aya and probably a good amount of internalized homophobia that's now melting away, but she's falling in love after being highly manipulated, have her boundaries broken repeatedly, and even when she made it clear she didn't care about the contract she wanted to avoid "doing lewd things" she was sexually assaulted. On top of that, Marika thinks Aya was cheating on her. I have no idea how she could rebuild her relationship at this point. (The story is probably going to act luke they jist had sex and ignore the sexual assault)

I'm still going to read though. The story is f'd up but it's unlike anything I've read before. I genuinely don't know how this story will end or what twist is around the corner. I suspect that the foreigner (cant remember her name) isn't a genuine relationship for Aya. Either the foreigner is joking/lying, there's something shady going on, or one of them is a prostitue. I don't believe Aya is trying to two time, at least.

joined Apr 11, 2019

I actually really liked what I read of the first chapter. The other girls fawning over Prince so strongly is kind of weird, but I believe it's so over the the top for emphasis and comedy. While the "lonely girl with no friends" trope is common, I'm ok with it if it has an explanation that makes sense. Plus, a handsome girl suffering Attractiveness Isolation (the TV Tropes name for this trope) is a gimmick I haven't seen before. At the very least, the characters are likeable and Prince has a lot of depth. I'm excited to see where this story goes.

joined Apr 11, 2019

Okaaay what can we see from one chapter alone? just facts
1 She's lonely, no friends apparently
2 The new girl just gained a whole lot of enemies, potentially yanderes

My doubts and conjectures

1 The president of the school council has either a huge ego or confidence, or she's already in love with someone else, I'm interested in her.
2 I hope the transfer student noticed something beyond the looks to approach her so boldly, why are you so insistent that it has to be her? I would like to know.

She might've noticed how Prince (I'm bad with names) carried a lonely expression, or the fact Prince was by herself inspite of all the positive words people spoke of her.

My theory for the student council girl is that she's aro-ace, but your theory is probably more likely.

Kungcat
Beloved L discussion 03 Oct 12:50
joined Apr 11, 2019

Ch. 10 - Despicable

Who hit this guy?

I think he's a transman and might've gotten assaulted on the streets. Him being trans would make a lot of sense with the scrap book.

If he is trans, I greatly appreciate Wei saying "many people mistook him as a girl," rather than flat out saying he's trans.

joined Apr 11, 2019

I'm very sad this story didn't have a poly end. There were so many hints that it could. (I mean, the other poly triad had matching hair colours to the main trio.)

Kungcat
joined Apr 11, 2019

I've only read till chapter 2. Though I'm getting the feeling that Hime and Ayanokouji have a history that resulted in Ayanokouji getting hurt.

Also, I think Hime's friend with recognize Ayanokouji.