Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Watanabe is gonna fuck things up in order to protect her distorted worldview, isn't she?

last edited at Jun 2, 2022 3:26PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Watanabe is gonna fuck things up in order to protect her distorted worldview, isn't she?

That'd certainly be on-brand at least. But I suppose there's a possibility she's gained some Character levels without noticing... :v

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

I can see Watanabe turning her down or just deflecting this situation.. I think there is still her own inner conflict to be resolved before she "allows" herself to "become yuri"

I feel bad for Yoshioka but I guess we will find out how she's gonna react to the response - I don't think she will give up easily.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay here's my guess: Watanabe has an ex-crush or ex-girlfriend from middle school that she fell out with (thats who was texting her) and so she immersed herself in the world of yuri as a way of escaping and deflecting from her own sexuality, vowing to "never have a 3d love again" and so she's gonna try to distance herself from Yoshioka out of fear of loss again.

joined May 1, 2015

I can wait until Ririka princess carries Fuyu.

20220622_193006
joined Dec 27, 2020

Ohhh????

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I wonder if Watanabe's going to play off the tanzoku and pretend she didn't see it. Which will force the yuri gods to create more situations for them to be together.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Okay here's my guess: Watanabe has an ex-crush or ex-girlfriend from middle school that she fell out with (thats who was texting her) and so she immersed herself in the world of yuri as a way of escaping and deflecting from her own sexuality, vowing to "never have a 3d love again" and so she's gonna try to distance herself from Yoshioka out of fear of loss again.

This would make everything make so much more sense, so it'll most likely be something else.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Relying on random acts of nature to progress the story seems a bit cheap. I mean it can totally work but not in a romance manga.

Not in a romance manga? It's one of the true classic romance tropes, of course it would be here.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I can wait until Ririka princess carries Fuyu.

She probably could, she looks twice her freaking size. Otaku-chan is quite smol.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Relying on random acts of nature to progress the story seems a bit cheap. I mean it can totally work but not in a romance manga.

And cars shouldnt explode in action stories

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

i 100% think you are right

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

personally I think watanabe is too much of a degen to have ever had a girlfriend

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

personally I think watanabe is too much of a degen to have ever had a girlfriend

LOOOL my exact thought. I'm similar to her that I didn't have one for so long bc I was a degen. I kind of grew out of it and have had several gfs but it's a hard life ya know,,

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

That could be what cost her a potential previous relationship and made her doubledown on her shit more lol.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

watanabe you better not hurt best girl ririka!!!

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Ah, it's not love love love. Just love as a friend, yes Ririka?

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

So, my guess is that this Mika girl is somehow related to how Watanabe became the way she is (like, seeing herself as a background character, not wanting to 'ruin' the yuri). I think the her wish was related to that as well- like, obviously 'the world' refers to the school and friends she's made. So when she says she doesn't want it to be destroyed, my theory is that in the past, something happened with this 'Mika' girl that 'destroyed' her world (i.e. school, friends, whatever) that's somehow traumatized Watanabe and made her compensate by casting herself as a side character and avoiding making friends/having feelings for anyone as a defense mechanism.

TLDR: I think that Watanabe's whole obsession with perfect, pure yuri and stopping anything from soiling it (especially when she freaks out about liking Yoshioka) is actually more about keeping herself safe from being hurt again by separating herself or putting up a wall between herself and her peers (seeing herself as a mob, for instance- I've actually coped in a similar way in the past, deciding I'd be a 'side character' to keep from being hurt again).

That's just my personal theory, haha.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

This is pretty much the conclusion I came to as well. I hadn't considered what part the girl texting her might have played (I just theorized she had something to do with how Watanabe came to be the way she is), but that definitely makes sense! You put it way more neatly and concisely than I did, lol xD But yeah, same theory here!

joined May 3, 2014

Watanabe back storiy eh? ok I will give that lunatic a new chance to explain way she ain’t on pills yet >.> (yes I hate that mob really much) because I hate people that try to manipulate others even tho she didn’t do it like the classic manipulation with malice thing, she still piss me off when she is thinking on how to isolate our lovely gyru

last edited at Jun 2, 2022 9:35PM

joined May 10, 2021

Boy oh boy I can feel a certain shitstorm comin'
I just hope Ririka doesn't end-up too hurt...

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Join the dark side, Watanabe.
Let yourself become yuri.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Time to get it on like Donkey Kong!

And I'm going to guess that she might try to say that she didn't.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Ah~ I always loved Tanabata~

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

And cars shouldnt explode in action stories

They usually explode for a reason. When Bad guy or the good guys shoots at it for example. Usually not when a random wind blows out of nowhere.

To reply you must either login or sign up.