Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Tumblr_f6d05058b480ae6dc93b7be97267484b_75e8b751_1280
joined May 31, 2020

If this was a finished series, maybe less people would be annoyed at Shiho? Idk, I'm also part of the minority that loves Shiho and I'm gonna be honest, I really hope the main couple communicates with each other soon because I just wanna see how Shiho's story turns out.

I do think think Laureley + Hima moments were cute though. I just hope the plot finally progresses and hopefully, we get more moments like this after the end or something.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I didn't even realize they haven't kissed on the lips yet. I guess I was similarly cautious about who my first kiss was with, but after having kissed, it's dumb to think that way. You both like each other? Kiss then.

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Himari was so smooth, but sad that they didn’t smooch

Unbenannttz
joined Aug 17, 2016

If you gotta force yourself to like the series maybe just maybe you should move on and find something new. Can't remember anything good coming out from something being forced. Just because you liked it initally doesnt mean you have to keep going. If you dont like certain things thats okay. Allways gonna be things wich are not perfect or dislikeable in the series you watch but feeling forced to keep reading or to like it is something you just hold yourself hostage to. Maybe its because of the time investment people have made that makes them not abandon the series but sticking with something thats obviously not gonna change to fit your desires anytime soon seems like an ever bigger time waste. Of course you gotta decide for yourself if you wanna keep going and I cant and wont stop anyone. I dont mind people saying their opinions and critiquing too be clear but seeing people being sad, desperate, mad, annoyed constantly about the entire second arc makes me wonder what makes you stick to it if you're obviously more enraged than content. Either wait for it to end or leave it as whole. Thats just what I recommend tho and you are free to disagree

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Coming from the latest chapter upload on MD, here's the thing about Shiho. I'm sure she'll have some tragic backstory and everyone will be friends and it will all make sense (as far as the author is concerned), but what ticks me off about her is not that she's belligerent, it's that she's so needlessly petty. It's not about her being unlikeable, or manipulative, or wanting to get in between them. I like plenty of characters in other manga like that, particularly the manipulative ones. What I can't stand about Shiho is that she's being cruel for no reason at all.

This latest chapter, even just that brief conversation at the festival is so completely unnecessary. To go out of your way to try to ruin someone else's date is so petty and small and lacking in empathy that I just don't think whatever backstory comes out of this will matter. She's cruel, and cruelty doesn't just go away because you had reasons. She's the most toxic person in this manga, and it completely alters the tone of the first half of the story just because it helps drag things out and delays moments like the kiss. And it would be one thing if the author expected me to care about Shiho and I end up not doing so, but as soon as everyone else forgives her and embraces her I'm just going to think less of all of the characters.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 10:23AM by OrangePekoe

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

^ that sounds like a you problem

That rain was both a curse and a blessing

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Coming from the latest chapter upload on MD, here's the thing about Shiho. I'm sure she'll have some tragic backstory and everyone will be friends and it will all make sense (as far as the author is concerned), but what ticks me off about her is not that she's belligerent, it's that she's so needlessly petty. It's not about her being unlikeable, or manipulative, or wanting to get in between them. I like plenty of characters in other manga like that, particularly the manipulative ones. What I can't stand about Shiho is that she's being cruel for no reason at all.

This latest chapter, even just that brief conversation at the festival is so completely unnecessary. To go out of your way to try to ruin someone else's date is so petty and small and lacking in empathy that I just don't think whatever backstory comes out of this will matter. She's cruel, and cruelty doesn't just go away because you had reasons. She's the most toxic person in this manga, and it completely alters the tone of the first half of the story just because it helps drag things out and delays moments like the kiss. And it would be one thing if the author expected me to care about Shiho and I end up not doing so, but as soon as everyone else forgives her and embraces her I'm just going to think less of all of the characters.

Spoil tag ffs

joined Jan 11, 2018

Oh wow people actually talking about their issues in just a few chapters of them popping up rather than stretching it out for 21 chapters of drama, what a novel concept!

Wish the brat could learn something from them.

joined Jan 21, 2021

Finally, real high school math in a manga.

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

yeah that's what i'm fuckin' talking about hell yeah

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

finally, a good fucking chapter
though I just skipped every page with Shiho on it

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Is this where the five chapter long sex scene starts?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Caku posted:

finally, a good fucking chapter
though I just skipped every page with Shiho on it

Yeah I skipped her dialogue too, you know it's gonna be some bitch talk that you're better off not knowing (and the rest of her band doesn't react), right now it feels like no matter what the bitch says, as long as the main couple is in good shape and in the same page without those nasty feelings in between, it will be alright... and for the look of the last page, it's gonna be more than alright next chapter O_O

Maybe at this point, people should give up on that potential redemption flashback (would be the second) that would change everything.

Skyrin posted:

6 with color pages with the volume release xD

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 11:15AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

wow. I thought I couldn't hate Shiho more but she went and did that. Seriously what's her fucking deal? I don't give a fuck if she has a tragic past, nothing would excuse acting like a bitch like this.

Also yes they kissed!!! That was so cute.

Next chapter seem like something that would focus mostly on them, which means little to none Shiho and I love that.

+1. I honestly don't see anything that would possibly make Shiho's actions acceptable tbh, I hope that she lose and the story move on without giving her redemption arc.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 11:25AM

joined Jun 11, 2021

from the most convoluted uninteresting and drawn out drama to 2 of the biggest cliches you could think of lmao. i dont mind too much because its cute fluff and im a sucker for that, but my god this series is just so whatever now. shiho continues to be absolutely irredeemable so thats fun.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Yeah I skipped her dialogue too, you know it's gonna be some bitch talk that you're better off not knowing (and the rest of her band doesn't react)

What? Her bandmates are literally covering her mouth now to stop her from talking.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Do you have some inside scoop about Tatsubon becoming the editor of this series?

EDIT: now that I think about, it would also probably mean something like Shiho getting ditched by her own band, followed by her falling off the stage and breaking a leg, while someone else accidentally spills hot coffee on her

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 12:02PM

joined Jun 21, 2021

I continue to be the only one who actually enjoys the drama shiho brings lol

joined Jan 6, 2017

I continue to be the only one who actually enjoys the drama shiho brings lol

Not the only one by any means. I loved her scene this chapter

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

kinda weird that people are calling shiho 'irredeemable" because she's been kind of a bitch a few times and messed with the MCs. she's not murdered anyone (yet). like, that's her role in the story, we'll see where it goes.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Just when I thought that even I would get tired enough of the angst to actually voice my disgruntlement, communication solves a big part of it.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I like being proven wrong

joined May 29, 2021

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

YES YES YES YES

Also to comment on Shiho: As a character she feels like she's JUST here to create drama rather then being a part of the story.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

kinda weird that people are calling shiho 'irredeemable" because she's been kind of a bitch a few times and messed with the MCs. she's not murdered anyone (yet). like, that's her role in the story, we'll see where it goes.

Unfortunately, you're right. Her role is to be a bitch, and she's doing a marvelous job. But that's also why she's so unpopular. It seems like her only purpose is to cause a rift between Yori and Hima, so her character feels incredibly shallow and threadbare.

If there is a redemption for her somewhere down the line, I don't think the majority of the reader base will care. Shiho's established herself as the antagonist at this point, and her past and demeanor make it incredibly difficult for most people to empathize with her. I would not be surprised in the least if her next action causes her popularity to drop so much that she vanishes completely after the battle of the bands.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 3:05PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.