Forum › Posts by Moondrag

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Apparently, very few otoges have actually featured villainesses in direct competition with white lily heroines -- rather, that trope was something that the Angelique series used and had an outsized impact on the Japanese pop-culture at large.

Sadly that tracks with what I looked up as well. Still the biggest problem with this manga is that the isekai premise is...completely pointless. You could likely remove it and have to change very little to make the plot still work. This manga feels like it's another thing trying to cash in on the trend and adding little to nothing. Also as others have noted: The villainesses of these premises being just tsunderes.

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

My thoughts on that final page: oh fuck her feet.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

For those who don't check up with the raws, seems there is a free to view campaign, up to right before the latest chapter, on Youngchampion right now. (although it seems you need to make a free account) Also the Raws are up to Ch16.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

They banged!

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I still want a bonus chapter where the past versions of Senpai and Nanasawa timeslip into the future and there is a four-way with their older selves.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

We’re so used to seeing Rose in her black bob + glasses look, I just realized that her real self looks like a younger version of the Babylon leader. Probably a coincidence but interesting detail nonetheless.

Refugees seem to tend to be drawn as blond, which makes me wonder about Benika.

Fun fact: If you look at the Vol 4 cover, you can see Rose's hair color. (Benika is on Vol 2's cover, but she's also on the back of Vol 4 as well)

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Aw look, it's her first fetish.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I remember reading that this series was retweeted by Hideo Kojima...and YEP that would track.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I just realized in Ch5 when Gran scared Natori, that's the point Diana put Gran on her shit list.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

This is multi track drifting with a train while multiple people are attempting to drive it, and I'm all for it. EDIT: Ok I did not meant to be this redundant with the previous post wow.

last edited at Jul 4, 2023 5:51PM

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

oof looking at page 34, apparently the butler is part stick figure.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

In case anyone didn't notice during Natori's inner dialogue, but those are fox ears, not cat ears.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I think part of the reason this feels so stupid is because we are constantly seeing Hiroko's thoughts on Ayaka every chapter and well...her missing the obvious or misinterpreting Ayaka EVERY chapter without fail.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Ok just marathon'd the first 5 chapters (also the .5 chapters) and MAN the typesetting (and tbh the translation) is not good. So many missing periods or outright not bothering to translate some text. The quality difference between those and Chapter 6 is huge. (Also I like the story and want to read more.)

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Just in case people are wondering, pixiv comic and the nicoseiga page for the series currently have the raws for Chapters 5 and 6 is anyone wants to view them ahead of time.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I say the biggest problem with Shiho is simple: White noise. I legit forgot what chapter she first involved herself in the plot, and I thought it was much shorter up to the current point...and I was wrong. I can't remember much of what happened starting when she pushed her way into the plot, and of the latest chapter.

EDIT: For an idea, her first scene in the plot is in Chapter 18. It's Chapter 40 now.

last edited at Mar 18, 2023 4:20PM

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

how can you be so useless after literally having sex

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

From what I can tell, this is the last chapter of Volume 2, and Volume 3 will be the last one.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Those last 5 chapters were. Not good. From both for the writing and art. Man the art suffered hard.

Looking at where the manga was uploaded online, seems that it was mostly a monthly series, until these last 5 chapters. Then it was bi-monthly.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

With this series I can only think of that one scene from Aladdin: "Tell. Her. The. TRUTH!!!"

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Wow the very first page has one hell of a typo.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

oh DAMN that is a evil cliffhanger wow Garth

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

I love this manga and wow it's pretty ahead of it's time in a lot of ways...and at the same time, you can tell it's from the late 2000s cause oof that "humor" sometimes misses hard.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

This website has me so desensitized to incest that I legit didn't even think about it. I am peeking at the comments because I was surprised by the last chapter's credit page.

Were people really that upset? If Lene or her brother had been wee little beans who were being taken advantage of I'd understand, but they're grown adults?

I think there are three main reasons: Firstly unlike a bunch of other manga on this site, it's in a series that is multiple chapters and otherwise takes itself seriously with these topics instead of being a one shot so it's harder to ignore. Second, it involves a character who we rather liked until SURPISE incest with pretty much very little or no warning. On top of that we are expected to approve of their "forbidden love". And third, and most simply: It's a straight incest romance in a manga where the main couple is two girls. It had a bullseyes of "Why" on it. And based on what the others said, we never see them again so it ended up being kinda pointless...

Moondrag
Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

God speed you stupid stupid horny manga. You went out with a threesome bang and that's wonderful.