Forum › Posts by JGChaves

joined Jun 3, 2020

Did they just got a mutha fliping, Finfunnel, Gundam Girl!?

Yes, we did. I call her Turn X-chan.

joined Jun 3, 2020

As always, nothing heals mental scars like the sight of a cute little baby.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Good News, the anime is pulling some good number in pre-sales. One of the BDs even passed the 1k mark. If it keeps the momentum it may become one of the best-selling anime of the season.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=%E9%88%B4%E6%9C%A8+%E7%90%86%E4%BA%BA&i=dvd&language=en&ref=dp_byline_sr_dvd_1

joined Jun 3, 2020

You know what a good adaptation is? One that not only adapts the source material, but also expands it, adding new stuff to enhance the experience. That's what the MahoAko anime is doing in its third episode, adding important stuff that we couldn't know by just reading the manga. Yes, I'm talking about the revelation that Kiwi has inverted nipples! Praise the animators!

joined Jun 3, 2020

Did the author just call Fuuko by the nickname of the first Gundam? Wow.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020
Fr0zennnnnnet-1721169654092316733-img1

^ Yeah, about that, the director doesn't seem to have a lot of interpretation for them
https://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=11142

joined Jun 3, 2020

Has someone seen this article already. It's mostly about Bandai's dumb decision, but it also points out something interesting about Suletta's fingers in the epilogue.

https://kotaku.com/gundam-witch-from-mercury-characters-lesbian-anime-1850707971

joined Jun 3, 2020

I prefer the zettai ryōiki technique most.

Zettai ryōiki is a superpower??????
WTF?!?

Do they mean it in the same way people jokingly claim that "big boobs" is the Most Common Superpower?

they probably mean it closer to its original use in evangelion as an absolute territory defense field

Actually, the AT-Field from Evangelion stands for Absolute Terror Field. No idea where Absolute Territory came from.

joined Jun 3, 2020

I think it's because of the cultural difference, but in our country, no one hates Shiho like this. Everyone wants Shiho to be happy with Aki. So this chapter (43) is one of the most appreciated chapters in the whole series

Yeah I've tried to discuss that reality before but to middling effect. Yeah they're very popular. There's a reason they've had the focus for so long.

Time to give Twilight and Fifty Shades the literature nobel price then, given how popular and successful those were.

No one said anything about giving any prizes to this manga. All they did was make comment about the popularity of the characters.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020
Wokutoamagi-1670054552471732227-img1

The issue is that, if Bandai greenlights any sequel, it will probably be for the prospect of selling more Gunpla... Don't know how many of you are aware, but Aerial sold like cupcakes. So they would probably ask to put mechas in it somehow

last edited at Jul 8, 2023 1:03AM

joined Jun 3, 2020

At this point, Azul and Baiser aren't even trying to pretend those aren't S&M not-so-secret meetings. There is no difference anymore between "I wanna fight Azul" and "I wanna go on a date with Azul".

JGChaves
Anime season 22 Mar 13:32
joined Jun 3, 2020

And here is the final plot twist of Magical Revolution: Anis and Euphie become adopted sisters. Now on top of everything MagiRevo already did, it's also the Isekai version of Citrus.

joined Jun 3, 2020

It's because Japanese culture is built on top of collectivism, a belief anyone who is part of any group has joint responsability to ensure it remains well and harmonious. And this "group" can be anything, from your class at school to your club to your entire country.
So what does this means for the situation of this manga? Well, Shiho disrupted the band's work for personal reasons, and that's bad. On the flip side, her bandmates were part of the same group as her and thus were also responsible for keeping it harmonious. That means stopping Shiho from descending into negativity and disrupting their work was part of their jobs. They failed to prevent that, so they share some guilt. Thus Aki's reasoning: "If I had noticed Shiho was in love with me, I could have prevented her from leaving and we would still be happily playing in the same band. Since I didn't, it's my fault we are all feeling bad now".

joined Jun 3, 2020

Four volumes is average for a manga adaptation, but I guess it's possible to go into volume five before ending the season. As for the stopping point, well, Bloom Into You had no issues ending in the middle of an arc, remember?

joined Jun 3, 2020

The anime is confirmed to premiere in January 2024. We already have the cast:

Hana Shimano as Himari Kino
Asami Seto as Yori Asanagi.
Mikako Komatsu as Aki Mizuguchi
Konomi Kohara as Mari Tsutsui
Ai Kakuma as Kaori Tachibana
Yuna Nemoto as Shiho Izumi

JGChaves
Anime season 14 Mar 13:28
joined Jun 3, 2020

Episode 10. And that's why Monarchy/Nobility sucks. I didn't really understand the deal with Fairy King or whatever. How Euphy becoming Queen instead of Anis solves anything and why her doing so would somehow make it so Anis doesn't need to be Queen anymore?

First, it leaves Anis free to keep researching magicology, which she loves. Second, if Euphy can become queen despite not being related to the royal family, neither of the girls needs to worry about birthing a heir. They could just do... whatever Euphy is going to do next episode.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Takeshima is only the artist for the Watanare LN, not for the manga. The author is Teren Mikami (the same person who wrote the "A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days" LN and the "If You Could See Love" manga, BTW).

joined Jun 3, 2020

I wish there were more characters in Yuri manga like Astalotte.

"Are they fighting? I know, let's just have a threesome!"

joined Jun 3, 2020

Now I'm left wishing there was an arc about the royals from all those countries coming to the same party just so we could see how they look like. I mean, come on, there is a penguin country in this world? We need to visit that or ask them to visit us!

joined Jun 3, 2020

Is there anyone else here who thought "they look just like the girls from Oregairu" when they saw the main couple? Because comments everywhere are making this comparison now that the anime was announced and I feel like the odd one out because I never thought that while reading the manga.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Hylarn posted:

But my God, I hope the climax isn't with Manaria

I'd expect them to do the entire Kingdom arc?

I think "I won't say goodbye" could be a good end for a 12 episode anime, that's 20 manga episodes

I'd say it's highly unlikely that only the first novel will be adapted.

Why? It took four manga volumes to cover Volume 1, and Volume 2 is a bit longer. If they tried to cover both volumes it would be a super rushed anime. People seem to forget that A) The volumes of this LN are pretty big and B) The very dry and "straight to the point" writing style means there is more story to adapt in 10 pages here than in 10 pages of your usual LN.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Funny that this would come out the same day as the latest chapter of Kanojo mo Kanojo, because the stuff that was said in that manga is actually pretty in-sync with what's happening in this one, despite the two works having totally different moods.

Also, I think Kanojo mo Kanojo is talking about the harem genre rather than real poly relationships, but it still hasn't ended so I'm waiting to see.

joined Jun 3, 2020

I wish the anime got a second season... Akari Kitou would get to compensate for her role as Nezuko in Demon Slayer and then some.

JGChaves
joined Jun 3, 2020

Was this really chapter 6? Looked more like an extra chapter from the compiled volume...