Forum › A Kiss for the Girls' Scars discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, the very concept of Vampire teenagers getting birthdays is kinda strange to begin with. It would mean they are born from other vampires as babies and not sired. And they don't need human blood before 14.

Maybe we will get more explanations in later chapters. It's supposed to happen in a far future after all.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

OK, this is obviously a setting where the theme is all-important, so it feels churlish to talk about realism, but at this point I just can't look away from questions like, why are they just sending pairs of young teenage girls into the city to find their own, um, blood donors when vampire hunters are a thing? Even if they're supposed to learn how to do this stuff, shouldn't there be older, experienced, heavily armed vampires on overwatch?

I think you bring up a very good point here, the fact that they just let these teenagers go out into this dangerous world...or didn't have any alarms flagged for precautions when one was seriously injured recently...it's very strange to me. These injuries and this death feel very preventable when thinking about it.

last edited at Mar 17, 2022 7:34PM

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

OK, this is obviously a setting where the theme is all-important, so it feels churlish to talk about realism, but at this point I just can't look away from questions like, why are they just sending pairs of young teenage girls into the city to find their own, um, blood donors when vampire hunters are a thing? Even if they're supposed to learn how to do this stuff, shouldn't there be older, experienced, heavily armed vampires on overwatch?

I think you bring up a very good point here, the fact that they just let these teenagers go out into this dangerous world...or didn't have any alarms flagged for precautions when one was seriously injured recently...it's very strange to me. These injuries and this death feel very preventable when thinking about it.

Moreover, we haven't seen anyone say anything that implies a psudeo-darwinist perspective among vampires that would provide a sink-or-swim mentality.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, Eve almost died, but the nurse didn't seem overly concerned. And when Siki died, she looked like "sad, but that's how it goes...moving on."

We don't have any details about how the Vampires live alongside the human society, but it looks like a predator/prey relationship where some of the preys retaliate and it seems to be considered inevitable, or accepted hazard.

I mean, the majority of humans are no threat to the teen vampires, who can charm them.

Only a few exceptions seem to be bent on hunting teen vampires (probably because they are easier to kill than adult vampires).

I mean, the school is full of vampires. They don't seem to be on the verge of extinction. So maybe there's an "acceptable loss" policy. Maybe when they grow up, Vampires get more unfeeling.

Let's hope the author expands the universe.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s struck me as weird all along that the author has overlaid a version of that Marimite/Strawberry Panic soeur school system onto an as-yet-vaguely-defined vampire culture/ecosystem, and I get the general impression that they may not have thought it all through completely.

I mean, it’s a good joke—the Marimite mentorship system in the service of training supernatural predators. But I’m not sure how much of it is supposed to be a joke.

joined Apr 6, 2018

???? yo wth the ship just sailed and sank immediately

i wonder what could be this threat

joined Sep 27, 2017

It’s struck me as weird all along that the author has overlaid a version of that Marimite/Strawberry Panic soeur school system onto an as-yet-vaguely-defined vampire culture/ecosystem, and I get the general impression that they may not have thought it all through completely.

I mean, it’s a good joke—the Marimite mentorship system in the service of training supernatural predators. But I’m not sure how much of it is supposed to be a joke.

So far I really don't think the author has thought it through, but I hope I'm wrong. The idea of students getting injured and killed being "okay" feels like a lazy way to write tragedy from what we've seen, and it makes me not care about the characters. Oh the adults that are normally supposed to protect the youth don't care about them getting hurt and dying? Guess I don't care either. There's a very weird disconnect. Maybe we'll learn more and the answers will be interesting, again I hope so. I do want to like this series.

joined Dec 17, 2021

you people are so cold lol. for what its worth I am sad about Siki dying :(

I think it's just a story pacing thing. Even a cliffhanger for this chapter and putting her death in the next one would have helped to prevent the feeling of, "Here's a new character who is interesting because . . . oops, never mind--she's dead!"

Yeah, I can't say I feel sad about her death, just that it sucks for Yucca, and THAT is what makes me feel a little bad about the situation.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

oof....I liked Siki's character too, she was cute.

joined Apr 30, 2021

I really love it more please

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Ooooooh, toxic as fuuuuuck

This story is goin' places. Prolly gonna need some kinda drama tag

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Aww I respect the support. But damn how is she going to deal with that, will she go along with it for awhile or will she immediately be like no thanks that’s messed up?

joined Sep 27, 2017

The fact that lots of vampires die during their first attempt to drink human blood, still feels like an oversight from the vampire society and world building to me. Something that could be preventable. Regardless I'm still curious to see where this goes.

joined May 1, 2015

I said this before but, what are these magireco vibes?
Eroha, I mean Emielle gets all the girls.
The power of being mc.

last edited at Apr 20, 2022 3:01PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Yucca in ch 3: Emielle doesn't belong to anyone.
Yucca in ch 5: You can be mine, right? An Emielle just for me.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmmm, is that blood I see on her mouth, and wasn't it the case that you make a sister pact by sharing eachothers blood. I wonder, I can't remember if that bloodpact has like any real powers or if it is just mostly symbolic but it seems like Emielle is now in two halfway completed pacts where she has given her blood to Eve, and now she has Yucca's blood.

Wonder how things will develop from here

Somehow I had a feeling that that was going to happen.

joined Mar 29, 2021

This feels very dumb.
Tokyo Ghoul solved this very problem by sending expirienced Ghouls out to gather human meat for unexpirienced/weak/young ghouls.
The fact that the Nurse had human blood in a bottle just proves that they can store blood and they don't need to drink it directly from the source.
Or they could just kidnap someone and raise them inside the school while taking their blood since their protected inside their little area idk.

At least the art is really good. At this point just give me a Vegan vampire manga lmao

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

The fact that lots of vampires die during their first attempt to drink human blood, still feels like an oversight from the vampire society and world building to me. Something that could be preventable. Regardless I'm still curious to see where this goes.

sounds like commie talk

in vampireland, we let our girls die like men

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

hmmm, is that blood I see on her mouth, and wasn't it the case that you make a sister pact by sharing eachothers blood. I wonder, I can't remember if that bloodpact has like any real powers or if it is just mostly symbolic but it seems like Emielle is now in two halfway completed pacts where she has given her blood to Eve, and now she has Yucca's blood.

I don't think she got Yucca's blood. Yucca apparently bit her, so I'm guessing that this is her own blood, which Yucca then gets a taste of (cause why not, right?). So she now has two half-done pacts, with two people having taken a portion of her blood.

I don't remember any mention of actual powers following the ritual either, but I guess this could still change in future chapters.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I don't think she got Yucca's blood. Yucca apparently bit her, so I'm guessing that this is her own blood, which Yucca then gets a taste of (cause why not, right?). So she now has two half-done pacts, with two people having taken a portion of her blood.

I don't remember any mention of actual powers following the ritual either, but I guess this could still change in future chapters.

yeah, though I suppose even if it is just a purely symbolic thing, Emielle seems like the type who would have a really hard time turning away from such rituals even when there's no real power in it

last edited at Apr 20, 2022 6:39PM

joined Mar 23, 2022

damn somebody,if not eve, needs to bitc- I mean vampire slap siki, and wake the shit out of her on this event. looking forward how eve will react on this. siki reminds me of izumi in" useless princess" that character we all know wouldn't stand a chance in the mc, member of the friendzone club.

joined Sep 27, 2017

This feels very dumb.
Tokyo Ghoul solved this very problem by sending expirienced Ghouls out to gather human meat for unexpirienced/weak/young ghouls.
The fact that the Nurse had human blood in a bottle just proves that they can store blood and they don't need to drink it directly from the source.
Or they could just kidnap someone and raise them inside the school while taking their blood since their protected inside their little area idk.

At least the art is really good. At this point just give me a Vegan vampire manga lmao

I agree that there's easy solutions around arguably most of the in world problems going on in this series.

sounds like commie talk

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

sounds like commie talk

???? What are y'all going on about

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ooooooh, toxic as fuuuuuck

This story is goin' places. Prolly gonna need some kinda drama tag

For sure. This series needs a bunch of attention, and the angst tag probably isn't too far behind depending on the general mopiness levels of the next chapter

To reply you must either login or sign up.