Forum › Posts by lukhas

joined Dec 17, 2021

I bet on a burnout in a black company, after people piled up work on her and she had to prove her value every day, losing her health in the process.

And then she overheard said people sneering in her back about how she a was convenient workhorse and someone she liked (?) was among the crowd, laughing along.

Typical corporate scenario.

I first thought her issue was a medical one. Like an incurable disease or a degenerative one, but I think your interpretation it's more likely given recent developments.

Now, is the other one going to save her or will she jump to get hit by the train too?

lukhas
joined Dec 17, 2021

Chapter 10 has a few scenes that really resemble the H series that the author has drawn, especially with Fujiyama looking very similar to Chizuru-chan (the author's most famous H series), I used to think this was Chzuru-chan in the multiverse until I learned the character's name.
By the way, the 1 dish/1 secret strategy that Fujiyama devised in this chapter is being used in this season's anime. Its name is: Hime-sama "Goumon" no Jikan desu

Amazing, I hadn't made the connection between this series and all the kaihatsu nikki spin-offs. I always find it surprising how different a person's works can be.

lukhas
joined Dec 17, 2021

What do we figure the odds are that that husband murdered his wife, and that's why she's missing?

Would be kinda funny if ends up being a misunderstanding though. Like if the wife ghosted him too, and he's hoping Ai would have a lead on where she is, and he only looks so menacing due to resting bitch face.

Death is a possibility, but if the husband killed her I don't think he would be looking for her lover. I figure he either doesn't know where she is or he just wants to inform Ai about her death (if she is dead).

lukhas
joined Dec 17, 2021

I thought the "lots of kissing" tag applied to this chapter, so I got very disappointed there wasn't lots of it between prez and the nurse.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Well, my conclusion is this premise reminds me of other premises. Yup.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I'm invested. There's something about paranoid characters who jump to the worst scenario and feel dependent on a single person that just feels painfully relatable. For me it's freeing having the characters act in ways I know shouldn't or that are unhealthy in real life.

Also, the guy friend is great, they feed on each other worse traits.

lukhas
joined Dec 17, 2021

It's like those nendoroid pajamas

joined Dec 17, 2021

The author needs to draw more smut, just to practice. :-) Not only did they censor the kiss, they even had them bang with their bikinis on, apparently, which I cannot imagine was especially comfortable (for Tang Chao, in particular).

I think tha's just your typical self-censorship.

Also, can Tang Chao's "inability" to go into a rut have been psychosomatic all along - a result of her disgust with her own gender?

I like that interpretation and I wish it was more of a thing in ABO stories (For example the one story I know with a similar premise was a LOL fic read 2 years ago).

joined Dec 17, 2021

I need to say, i want Nanao losing,xd

it's less about wanting Nanao to lose and more about wanting the prostitutes to win. Hell, forget about Mai, just let Asumi's true love be the lesbian brothels.

joined Dec 17, 2021

ok, so what do we think Kinka's deal is? why does she want to die?

joined Dec 17, 2021

Adorable. I want ten more chapters.

joined Dec 17, 2021

"Why does nothing go the way I expect it to..."

Because you act and think like a shitty person and a shitty parent, so your expectations are correspondingly shit. If you were less shitty at either of those, things would go your way considerably more often. :-)

I mean, Makino is the same and things are going pretty well for her.

Even disregarding the fact that Makino (no doubt because of her upbringing) often exaggerates how much of a scumbag she actually is, the key difference between her and her mother is that Makino does not have children and does not abuse her parental and financial authority over them. Being a shitty person and a shitty parent is a lot worse than just being a bad person, so I don't find it surprising that things are going better for Makino. :-)

Disagree. I don't think Makino's upbringing or her not being a mother somehow lessens or downgrades her shittiness or how scummy she has consistently been, her mom is awful too but I don't see her as worse than Makino (or better. They are just shitty). The only real difference is Makino got lucky and fell for a person who needed someone like her as a partner.

Makino has not been that bad to others, without provocation.

She blackmailed her sister and set someone on a date with a potential murderer.

Like, don't get me wrong, I found those hilarious but they were shitty things and she did them. Makino is a scumbag because she doesn't care about anyone else other than Mashiro and then herself, she's a really entertaining Main Character and her adoration for Mashiro makes her endearing, but she's still a shitty person.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Because you act and think like a shitty person and a shitty parent, so your expectations are correspondingly shit. If you were less shitty at either of those, things would go your way considerably more often. :-)

Even disregarding the fact that Makino (no doubt because of her upbringing) often exaggerates how much of a scumbag she actually is, the key difference between her and her mother is that Makino does not have children and does not abuse her parental and financial authority over them. Being a shitty person and a shitty parent is a lot worse than just being a bad person, so I don't find it surprising that things are going better for Makino. :-)

Disagree. I don't think Makino's upbringing or her not being a mother somehow lessens or downgrades her shittiness or how scummy she has consistently been, her mom is awful too but I don't see her as worse than Makino (or better. They are just shitty). The only real difference is Makino got lucky and fell for a person who needed someone like her as a partner.

joined Dec 17, 2021

joined Dec 17, 2021

Who would have thought I'd be feeling kinda sorry for the mom

lukhas
It's You! discussion 04 Feb 17:19
joined Dec 17, 2021

Amazing. I was getting annoyed in the middle because I thought the story was going to end without confirming who the young lady was in love with, but it went back to being wholesome.

lukhas
joined Dec 17, 2021

Poor Fujiyama, but Canola showed she's also an idiot for concluding Mamu is not a magical girl for saying the word "poop".

Also, Random Thought: I really like the way the artist drew Fujiyama's tracksuit. It's lewd.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I hand't noticed this was being uploaded here. Well, I'm very intrigued by whatever is going on in Ami's head.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Taking the long way round to oneeloli...I am pleased

Yes! I'm pleased with the recent onee-loli we've been getting.

joined Dec 17, 2021

People talk about Groundhog Day. Bah. I'm a bit irked that nobody seems to remember Been There, Done That. This manga's plot has much more in common with that Xena episode than with the film, as in both cases (the Xena & Gabrielle story and the manga story) it's a suicide because of thwarted love that brings about the time loop.

The story reminds me more of Russian Doll than anything else.

Also, are we sure it's thwarted love what created the loop? The characters seem to think so but, given that we don't know Kinka's reasons for wanting to die, the loop could be linked to her.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Why is everyone jumping to murder? That wouldn't solve her lingering attachment at all. Poor girl doesn't need revenge, she needs to be loved. And so, rather than murder, the only solution for our protagonists is to do gay.

I'm not offering that scenario as a solution to anything, merely as a possible development. I mean, Kazura and Kinka are operating under the logic that they cannot die because of Kazura's lingering attachments, so if the go to confront Otome and things get out of hand, they could end up killing her.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I wonder if they'll kill Otome.

I'm usually against murder but...

I think we can agree she sucks, but the possibility of her getting murdered by one or both of our MC is something I've been seriously considering, given the loop nature of their suicide attempts.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I wonder if they'll kill Otome.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I feel that the ending tried to do too much with too little room. Like it tried to jerk a few extra tears while trying to make our girl move her ass forward quickly and at the same time make an awkward attempt at adding something hopeful.

Regardless of my feelings towards this last chapter/epilogue, it's a great depresso story.

For me, the one thing that bothered me is how much importance was given to Shizuku grabbing that book for Kaori. I think the revelation that Shizuku's novel helped Kaori when she was at a very bad place emotionally was enough.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Finally!