Forum › A Kiss for the Girls' Scars discussion

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Quite glad Yucca is gone. it should help Emielle and Eve to finally become sisters and start getting closer. Hopefully we get a down episode was some fluff and happiness because the last few with that psycho basically kidnapping Emielle have been pretty dark lol

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

After that knife fight in the previous chapter I'm kinda disappointed, I hoped they would up the ante but now they're just all sad

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, that didn't go the way I thought it was fixin' to. Don't know if that is a bad or good thing.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Yucca: "Are you leaving me too?"
Emeliee: "YES. I AM!"

joined Apr 16, 2022

this manga has ultra blazing fast pacing and, while i appreciate that stuff is always happening, it does mean the emotional beats don't land nearly as hard as they would if they got more time to breathe. it's basically a soap opera just with marimite vampires. oh well, at least i'm intrigued enough to want to know what'll happen next.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That was hilarious—an arterial-bleeding meet-cute.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

and the new girl swaps in as Yucca leaves the stage, she seem to be affiliated with the hunters, though I don't know whether to expect a devout hunter apprentice or a girl who has been branded with the symbol of the church.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

don't become pals with the ppl who are trying to kill you lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I think this new girl is a hunter trainee but her heart isn’t really in it (damn, she said it herself that no one has been kind to her so far). My prediction is that she won’t be danger for Emielle per se, but by associating with the hunter girl (you know she will), experienced hunters will approach her and find her suspicious. That’s where the danger comes.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Uuhhh, I think you need a bit more than a handkerchief for all that blood coming out….curious if she’s playing te ditz to get close. I can’t imagine talking out in the open about the vampire stuff was completely unnoticed.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I like how at this point someone fucking dying or a cute date is basically equally likely. I'm not sure if I would call the writing great, but it sure isn't boring and I think sometimes that's enough.

joined Apr 16, 2022

"A slow, introspective chapter that just focuses on character development? Nope, can't have that -- better have the new character literally crash into the plot!"

You can't deny this manga always stays on brand.

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

^ This manga never slows down, even for character development...

I'm sticking around, since there are so few yuri vampire manga series and my favourite one (Kokono-chan Drinks Tears!) will never be complete.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well assuming Colette is a vampire hunter than it may create some interesting potential for some drama. If she realizes that Emielle and her friend are vampires then it could cause her to question if all vampires are really evil or are they just as much human as themselves. Either that or she has to decide between her new found love for Emielle and her duty as a vampire hunter.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmmm, Emielle... I'm going to be honest right, I'm kind of on Eve's side here, I don't think this can end well for both Colette and Emielle like realistically speaking if only due to the systemic differences here one of them is almost certainly going to die. With either Emielle getting hunted down because the more experienced vampire hunters figure her out, or Colette gets got for being a traitor to the cause.

last edited at Oct 13, 2022 2:48PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

This is the first chapter I think is like...legitimately good? The pacing is still too fast (a bit more time spent establishing Emielle and Colette's friendship would've made the ending hit harder), but a real fundamental conflict between the two leads that arises from their different life experiences and personalities and not a dumb misunderstanding is very much a rarity. I'm definitely curious to see where this goes. Normally the idealistic protagonist is proven correct, but this has actually been a very dark manga and, like BreadBunny says, it's very difficult to see a path for Emielle and Colette to live in peace regardless of their personal wishes.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I would have preferred to develop Eve and Emielle's relationship a bit more before we jumped into the Colette's arc.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Emielle, dear, the power of friendship will not solve the centuries-long conflict between vampires and vampire hunters. You are putting both yourself, your fellow vampires, and Colette at risk.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I can't remember--have we established whether these vampires kill people when they suck blood? I notice on this hunt there's a human kind of flat on their back, either out cold or dead. If these cute kids are doing a murder every time they go out for a meal, that's an awful lot of death on the human side and suddenly I'd be kind of sympathetic to the vampire hunters.

But maybe they just sort of drain 'em till they're woozy and tranced out? I mean, if I were a budding vampire hunter, I could see letting a vampire go if I knew the person they were feasting on was basically OK, but not if they were crouched over a freshly murdered human, you know? "Well, there she is with a bleeding corpse and she'll kill again soon, but I've had two or three pleasant conversations with her--guess I'll let her go this time!"

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Emielle, dear, the power of friendship will not solve the centuries-long conflict between vampires and vampire hunters. You are putting both yourself, your fellow vampires, and Colette at risk.

I fear I may have to revoke your "My Little Pony" fan club membership. Obviously the power of friendship can solve ANYTHING.

joined Mar 19, 2020

I can't remember--have we established whether these vampires kill people when they suck blood? I notice on this hunt there's a human kind of flat on their back, either out cold or dead. If these cute kids are doing a murder every time they go out for a meal, that's an awful lot of death on the human side and suddenly I'd be kind of sympathetic to the vampire hunters.

But maybe they just sort of drain 'em till they're woozy and tranced out? I mean, if I were a budding vampire hunter, I could see letting a vampire go if I knew the person they were feasting on was basically OK, but not if they were crouched over a freshly murdered human, you know? "Well, there she is with a bleeding corpse and she'll kill again soon, but I've had two or three pleasant conversations with her--guess I'll let her go this time!"

I think they did say it at some point and they don’t actually kill em. I could be miss remembering tho

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

Getting this feeling that Emielle about to learn and the cost is Eve dying to vampire hunters or maybe Colette dies...

Reason being how this manga can go from SoL to tragedy real quickly it seems.

last edited at Oct 13, 2022 7:45PM

joined Apr 15, 2013

Society could not function if a secret school full of dozens or potentially hundreds of vampires were constantly leaving drained corpses everywhere. There is no moral ambiguity in the mass murder of civilians. Hopefully the girls are leaving their victims alive, otherwise it would be rather silly for the author to try and justify it.

joined Apr 16, 2022

The immaculate is right, it's been established vampires don't have to kill humans. From Chapter 1:

"Drink only the amount you need, so as to avoid killing them."

That said, I imagine it's likely that some vampires are not as...*discreet* as our girls. Additionally, Colette has probably been propagandized to believe that all vampires are evil and kill humans, and so she probably does think that she just let a couple of killers go. So there's still room for moral ambiguity here.

Edit: I kind of disagree with Gelert_Xross. If vampires had to kill humans to stay alive, I don't really think it would be immoral of them to do so. There's an extremely NSFW (and het) manga that explores this idea with succubi called I Was Rejected By The Succubus President (it's actually pretty good IMO, though I've only read the first volume).

last edited at Oct 13, 2022 8:03PM

joined May 3, 2014

Edit: I kind of disagree with Gelert_Xross. If vampires had to kill humans to stay alive, I don't really think it would be immoral of them to do so. There's an extremely NSFW (and het) manga that explores this idea with succubi called I Was Rejected By The Succubus President (it's actually pretty good IMO, though I've only read the first volume).

are you dissagreaing with the idea of not being immoral from the point ov view of a monster?? cuz that’s what apmost all monsters in fiction think when it comes to eating humans to survive, and I almost allways take the human side, ofc if the monster or in this case the vampiers don’t kill humans to live then it’s ok, tho in this setting I get that vampiers do some time kill humans and as always we get the Human Vs Monster kind of situation, were there ain’t blank and white :3

To reply you must either login or sign up.