Forum › Posts by Alice_is_lost

joined Mar 29, 2021

Ok for those still reading the story, how's it going so far? Do you guys think the developments are good and worth me getting back into it or should I wait some more? (I don't mind spoilers)

last edited at Aug 20, 2023 7:53PM

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021
Nagainosfwart-1690768803003596800-img1

now, is she starfire's daughter or sister?

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

Ngl, to this day I haven't read this for the sole fact that there isn't a yuri tag, but my SAME ass be reading "Living With my Brother's Wife" so I have no excuse, after reading all the comments praising it and seeing a few pages on instagram of the mindblowing art, you BET I'm reading this

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021
Wide

She also has many clone girlfriends in minecraft

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

A lot of the time people assume a story is good just because it tackles heavy themes. Well, this story is tackling some of the heaviest themes imaginable, and I genuinely think it's doing a great job at it. You can tell with how Colin is characterized. As much as she may act happy-go-lucky and brag about how her father "loves" her, there are plenty of signs that she understands full well what's happening to her: her suicidal ideation, her reference to the time when her father "was still okay", and most notably her rage at how the adults who were supposed to help her ended up abandoning her back to her hell. She may say in words that her ex-friend betrayed her, but by telling all her secrets to Mary shortly after meeting her, she's clearly just crying out for help in the only way she knows how to do.

Mary, of course, is not anywhere close to being able to handle any of this. It'll be interesting to see what role Riko plays in this, too. I wonder if she might be Colin's ex-friend.

This, the story is very straight foward about it's themes, Colin just needs help but and the story clearly portrays that, now mary seems to be the only one that can help her but her still being a kid makes it so much harder to do.
Also knowing what happened when Colin's ex-friend told adults about the secret, Mary probably will keep it to herself not wanting to lose Colin's friendship but at the same time putting the weight of helping her all on herself.

Well, tackling heavy themes is hard, many stories crashed and burned and fell to oblivion attempting that (because badly written plus heavy themes equal people thoroughly want to throw the memories out of their heads both consciously and subconsciously), but those managed to pull it off will have a bigger impact, so when people remember "stories with heavy themes" they could only recall the good ones, so over time some people got it backward. But I agree, this series is doing good so far.

Not doing a story just because people might not like what you're doing is negating the world of a potential great piece of art. It might crash and burn? Yes, but still, theres a chance it might be great. we only have great things because people take chances.

last edited at Jul 12, 2023 9:24PM

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

Ngl, messing with rose is one thing, but with her girlfriend? you done fucked up

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

This panel goes hard
img

HOOOLY CHAD

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

The main characters point of view is extremely influenced by the fact that she's a kid "will I go to jail?" being confused and not telling anyone whats happening with her due to her innocence. You could do the same with adults but it would be different.
If the characters being kids had no influence in the story then, I would see a problem.

The thing with art is that it's supposed to make you feel something, and it's not always gonna be good. I get not liking the setting but not once the author put the dad on a good light, His daughter might like him but to everyone else he's not a good person.

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

Aw. I wanted to see a little skip of Yoroizuka at work with the hickies.

That would throw that colleague of hers for a loop. I'm here for it.

They'd break seeing the ice queen with hickeys

joined Mar 29, 2021

woah.... this story sucks doesnt it?

I mean, it's interesting but, it takes so long for new chapters to release that the tension is pratically nonexistent by the time I read a new chapter

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

I give those two spies 5 chapters before they start dating for real. XD

They're forgetting the mission and focusing on each other and Rose is just confused LMAO

joined Mar 29, 2021

NEW CHAPTERS LETSGOO

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

sight building a new relationship on a lie is one of the worst idea ever. Typically, this a red flag. And no matter how their relationship develop, Lily shouldn't trust the MC anymore. And Clearly the maid is going to be a partner in crime. She doesn't want to see Lily unhappy anymore. She's going to lie together with the MC. And at the moment Lily knows that, she's going to kill herself. Unless the author is going the play the card of "she knows that she was lying since the beginning but play along to have a friend".
This trope of a girl disguising herself as a man to be together with a girl and having the girl not knowing her true gender, is so problematic.

I mean, this isn't exactly "that" trope, she's disguising herself so Lily can keep smiling, she doesn't want lily to suffer knowing the person she loved died.
And I don't think lily is the type of person that would kill herself upon knowing the truth, Lily liked the MC's brother because he was a kind person, she might be hurt upon discovering the truth but I'm sure she'll think of the MC as someone as kind as her brother since she sacrificed her identity to make Lily happy

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

Actual god tier yuri, I love everything about this

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

Each chapter makes my eyes wet, it's always a feeling of what could have been. I really like this one, can't wait for more.

Right? I'm seriously dreading and looking forward to more. Aizawa clearly is playing what she wanted her life to be and yet it never will. Also think about how lonely she must be after everyone goes home and she's just stuck there.

Yeah. I love how this series is legitimately incredibly sweet and heartwarming while contrasting with Aizawa's death and loneliness and, in my eyes, voicelessness, as well as the 'what-ifs' both she and Michi are missing out on. It's perfectly bittersweet in the best sense of the word, which makes me both anxious and excited about every new thing we see.

That sense of what could have been honestly makes me wish she got revived somehow. I tend to hope for that alot but im not sure i can think of a single manga where that actually happens.

Plot twist: She never died, just ate the Yomi Yomi no Mi and has no idea she can revive yet

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

As someone who's read ahead elsewhere, I personally recommend abandoning ship at this point unless you like shitty forced drama, really creepy love triangles, and the worst aaaaaaanggsttt

are you serious right meow? I might just let it finish so I can read it all at once

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

Something about the writing of this series is making it kinda hard for me to follow, but I dunno if I can put my finger on why

They kinda just don't talk like... real people, and it's kinda hard to follow their emotions and reasonings. I dunno if it's just me though

No, I get the same vibe, and I think it's meant to show that the protags are not good at communicating, but at the same time, it's almost like the author tries to cram a lot of dialogue content into too few speech bubbles, so it becomes disjointed.

Idk what you guys are talking about, but maybe I'm just too much of an Yuri Addict

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSS

joined Mar 29, 2021

need more

joined Mar 29, 2021

how long can this be kept up before everything implodes and they all fight each other to the death.
im not rooting for anybody i want them all to be in a big polycule or at least a consensual harem

A consentual harem seems very likely to happen and I honestly don't mind it. You could keep developing the relationship with all the characters for a long time

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

I can get by with Living with my brother's wife being in the Manga Up! app since they translate the chapters but, WHY, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ANOTHER PUBLISHER, WHY NOT JUST PUBLISH THE TRANSLATED CHAPTERS DIGITALLY, I WOULD PAY, TAKE MY MONEY, I JUST WANT MY YURI T-T
I'm happy but sad at the same time..

joined Mar 29, 2021

I want to see Harumi's mother reaction to them dating.

Here you go.

I would not mind a threesome, I mean, Hana thought of it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

joined Mar 29, 2021

Didn't this series used to have nipples, or is that just some fever dream I cooked up?

Pretty sure they had them at some point, maybe the volume releases idk

joined Mar 29, 2021

The credits page made my day

joined Mar 29, 2021

I'm really invested on the story now >:)