Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

into this mess and keeps making reckless desitions without talking yori's feeling into account

I mean, she just asked Yori if she is ok with the whole situation

Does after-the-fact still count as consideration...

Exactly, and what would Hime do if Yori said no? Cause now it’s already in place. Would Hime really take back her agreement after saying she would do it in front of everyone?

Hm i wanna believe that she would, and tbh i feel like she legit would haha, cuz power of loveee, and kino's not rly the type to be cowed by peer pressure i think? So she would prolly look for a diff solution than being a manager if she knew yori hates it lol, like being the referee or getting her bestie to be a manager too or smth uwu

But that's assuming Shiho would agree to the change, since she's the one that suggested it to begin with. And like you said Hime isn't one to cow to pressure, so she may dig in on this, since it's something that she's determined to do. And as we've seen in chapter 29 (most recent) even though she was thrown into this role, she is going to give it 110% to help her senpais achieve their goals (even if that might hurt Yori's group in the end).

More backstory time with the other group now. Though Momo x Haji is cute.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

put me in the "still enjoying it though the pace is a bit slow" camp.

i just hope it doesn't turn out like kase-san with yori constantly getting jealous and creepy over minor misunderstandings.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hints of more plot at the end there again. And looks like Shiho isn't the only one with a past there.

Also more proof that scanlators who can spell the word "separate" correctly just don't exist.

“There is ‘a rat’ in ‘separate.’” Until I learned that mnemonic I sometimes had trouble with it myself.

It’s just one of those English words that “looks OK” when it’s not.

(Which is not quite the same as the perennial “complement/compliment”—two different words with similar spellings—or “its/it’s”—a possessive/contraction issue—conundrums.)

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

If Kyou is Hajime’s sister, I wonder if it’s fair to assume Kyou is either dead or dying hence Shiho’s intense conviction of being the best before Kyou’s passing or before she passes, leading to her disliking and leaving her former band due to their distractions with love and etcetera which set them behind from what she wanted them to achieve before she thought it was too late.

joined Jun 30, 2016

This kinda pissing me off now, I mean whats the point of this whole drama? Himari its such a ignorant and naive kid that i cant stand her now, she is complicating the whole thing without knowing and involving everyone into this mess, Yori and Shiho too, Yori a passive idiot that cant say what she wants and Shiho an immature drama queen that because things didnt went her way, tries to ruin the rest, soo stupid.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I agree. Yori is a passive idiot that can't say what she wants - but that's actually her strong point. You can relate with that kind of character.
Shiho, however, is such an inmature drama queen that gives me the wish to strangle her (no small feat). No two ways around it.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Didn't rant last update but can't not do so anymore, this really went from a damn great series to stupid fucking bullshit lmao. Big props to the team working on this though, work is always great (and I can't imagine the mental endurance needed to keep working on this yikes)

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Lovely chapter. Hima is so cute.
Stay strong, Yori! You can tell her how you feel even though you can't change the situation you still can ask for more flirting! I'm sure your gf will be more than happy to hear that.
I have been curious about how these 3 girls get to know each other. Seems like it's not a normal situation there.
Shiho is the definition of "a kid who let her emotions better than reasons". I don't know what happened but I'm sure that 95% of the problem lies within her own heart but she decided to blame others. Bad kid. I hope she will become a better person and sincerely properly apologize to her former friends. Something needs to happen to make her realize her mistake. And the key for that to happen is probably Hima, our best girl.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I genuinely don't understand the hate this arc is getting.

Or Shiho for that matter. She's great

last edited at Feb 17, 2022 1:23PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I liked this chapter.
Also on the camp that is still likes this manga, maybe not as much as early on, but I just find it decent enough to keep reading.

joined Apr 29, 2017

momo x haji <3 adorable

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

As someone who was in a band for a few years, the funniest part of this chapter is the idea of showing up to practice dressed in anything fancier than, say, sweats.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Nice to see Laureley being more casual to dispel the idea that Shiho is a bitch all the time. Yori shouldn't worry so much, but I guess it's inevitable. Maybe she'll channel all the negativity into some cool song lyrics.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Or Shiho for that matter.

I think people don't like that she pulled Hima into the bet purely to spite Yori, who did nothing to her on top of that. And now that it causes cracks to appear, they don't like her even more. At least that's how I see her - petty and insufferable.

last edited at Feb 17, 2022 2:03PM

Erika
joined Jul 4, 2021

If Kyou is Hajime’s sister, I wonder if it’s fair to assume Kyou is either dead or dying hence Shiho’s intense conviction of being the best before Kyou’s passing or before she passes, leading to her disliking and leaving her former band due to their distractions with love and etcetera which set them behind from what she wanted them to achieve before she thought it was too late.

We also know that Momoka knows Kyou so if she is/was in love with Kyou a lot of things would make sense on her end, and also tie all of the 3 members back together to Kyou.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Poor Yori. This is where Hima realizes she has a thing for musicians.

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

I feel like this current band contest arc is like trying to remind me what I did when I'm at my teenage years where I actually ruined an actual friendship with someone (a group of friends) just because of my own stupid pride and until today the person still doesn't know why I stopped talking to them, and they probably already have forgotten about me.
Although not everyone would experience this, but I feel like it's something some people like me might experience during school days where pride or whatever takes the place and you just stop being rational and stop talking to a certain person

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about, I'm really enjoying this so far. The conflict is really interesting and the drama is good, I don't feel exhausted by it and I genuinely want to know what will happen next, and want happened in the past to make the rival girls this way. Every character is cute and likeable, I didn't like Shiho right away and I still don't like her fully but I'm warming up to her a little. Overall a great manga imo

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Taburabu posted:

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about, I'm really enjoying this so far. The conflict is really interesting and the drama is good, I don't feel exhausted by it and I genuinely want to know what will happen next, and want happened in the past to make the rival girls this way. Every character is cute and likeable, I didn't like Shiho right away and I still don't like her fully but I'm warming up to her a little. Overall a great manga imo

We had a chapter showing how Shiho was in the past and how they met in the first place, it made me like her even less

last edited at Feb 18, 2022 3:47PM

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

Honestly, I don't get the hate either, because the drama feels secondary to me ? Like, this arc is more about introducing and giving depth to Lorelei and the drama feels very secondary to it. And I kinda like Lorelei and I think their moment with Hima are pretty fun and cute. Albeit, clearly, Hima and Yori still spend a lot of time together, so for Yori to be so jealous over Hima "listening to someone else music" feels very weird to me ? She didn't mind when she used to be in the baking club, so it's not like they spend less time together than before.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

so for Yori to be so jealous over Hima "listening to someone else music" feels very weird to me ?

I don't know , maybe because it's the rival band ?

last edited at Feb 18, 2022 8:53PM

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

A rivality in which Yori barely have any stakes in

last edited at Feb 18, 2022 8:57PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

A rivality in which Yori barely have any stakes in

But it still is.

Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

man this went into the most generic-ass series bruh when some crazy shit gonna go down and someone gets stabbed

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

At first it was because of Shiho, but now I'm not sure why but I seem to have lost interest in this. It's trying to be cute while maintaining some kind of dramatic tension with the jealousy, but it feels messy, like neither part is getting its due. The karaoke scene in the latest chapter didn't make me frustrated or tense or interested, I just felt bored.

To reply you must either login or sign up.