Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

joined Dec 21, 2016

What are the chances that Nanase was talking about Fuuko when she told Yuni about her middle school crush?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What are the chances that Nanase was talking about Fuuko when she told Yuni about her middle school crush?

Imho zero. From what we've been shown so far, Fuuko's character is completely different.

That "middle school crush" anecdote is just a plot gimmick, a sob story the author made up to soften the bad impression Nanase is making on the readers with her milk-and-water approach to dating Yuni. The author doesn't want everyone to start rooting for Fuuko, at least not yet.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 8:06PM

joined Feb 1, 2017

I’m loving the comment section, so much juicy opinions it’s great. Frankly, as an outsider looking in to their story, we can probably all agree that there’re so many issues with how they are handling their emotions. Glad to see that Yuni and Nanase is actually in love with each other and that Yuni won’t ditch their relationship at the drop of a hat. But my poor girl Yuni is feeling lonely and Nanase is being selfish for not seeking her opinion. Yes I know Yuni isn’t expressing it but that doesn’t mean Nanase can’t pick up on it. I think Yuni’s actions already tell a lot about how she feels about Nanase’s treatment of her, like even if she says she’s fine would it hurt to ask more about how she’s feeling? Ugh I’m probably biased but whatever.

Image0
joined Aug 25, 2018

Hi yall!! Aside from that audible “bitch wtf” moment, I wanted to give perspective as a lesbian irl! I understand Yuni’s pov because its can be difficult dating someone closeted and feeling like they’re ashamed of you even if its for safety reasons. It gets even worse being busy and not having time for each other fr, but it seems like Nanase is purposely not making time in between to even check on Yuni. I’m sure theres time in between everything to be like “Hey! I hope you’re feeling okay.” Or something like that but I just haven’t really seen that much effort or even yearning on her end. Its upsetting me and my homegirls ;;

joined Dec 13, 2020

That "middle school crush" anecdote is just a plot gimmick, a sob story the author made up to soften the bad impression Nanase is making on the readers with her milk-and-water approach to dating Yuni.

Milk and water, and that's to put it lightly.

The author doesn't want everyone to start rooting for Fuuko, at least not yet.

Oops. It's too late.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

That "middle school crush" anecdote is just a plot gimmick, a sob story the author made up to soften the bad impression Nanase is making on the readers with her milk-and-water approach to dating Yuni.

Agreed. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if Nanase was actually the one to make it up on the spot, you know?

The author doesn't want everyone to start rooting for Fuuko, at least not yet.

Oops. It's too late.

100% mood. I love that creepy weird stalker girl.

Denny%202
joined Aug 21, 2021

Yeah I don't think the middle school crush is the stalker chick since she obviously doesn't mind showing affection to another girl in public heck she was formal with the main character since the first chapter and didn't care people found her weird, I don't think she gonna blackmail her but I think the main character is going to get paranode to a breaking point, looking forward to next chapter

joined Mar 8, 2019

Yeah I don't think the middle school crush is the stalker chick since she obviously doesn't mind showing affection to another girl in public heck she was formal with the main character since the first chapter and didn't care people found her weird, I don't think she gonna blackmail her but I think the main character is going to get paranode to a breaking point, looking forward to next chapter

If that's the case, then that means Fuuko might have a completely separate yet still compelling backstory in her future. But if Fuuko was the girl it doesn't mean she'd react the same way from whatever the experience from middle school was. Just because Nanase was afraid of the stigma doesn't mean that it would be the same for Fuuko... honestly the way Nanase is behaving I wouldn't be surprised if, out of fear, she threw her previous crush under the bus.

Of course I'm just thinking Nanase might have done something bad because in these types of mangas, usually authors try to make all the characters relatable/sympathetic so the audience will understand why they do what they do.

Nanase in the earlier chapter felt like she was maybe using Yuni. We're given a reason to why she's cold to Yuni later on so I'm guessing we'll see similar insights to the others to explain their actions/character motivation. I could be wrong and the author is convinced that Nanase's story as is enough. It feels like if this is the route they go, it would just make Yuni despicable for not breaking up with Nananse and cheating. If she's blackmailed into it, then Fuuko is the devil incarnate. Of course, Fuuko being an asshole with no explanation is another route they could go.

I don't know how dark this manga will go... I wouldn't be surprised if Fuuko knew the girl from middle school and is just getting revenge on Nanase. Also would not be surprised if Fuuko has nothing to do with middle school drama and has her own completely separate stuff she has to deal with.

I love the juicy dramatic possibilities...

conniethewitch
joined Jun 5, 2021

Nanase - understandably tense and stressed about being judged, but needs to do a better job conveying her feelings and overcoming fears
Yuni - an understandable lezbian mess
Fuuko - so far, an absolute bitch. Basically harassing Yuni and pushing Yuni passed what she's uncomfortable with "we're both girls so it's fine" (bitch yeah but you're both lesbians that know the other is a lesbian, and thus has a much different conotation than two straight girls or a closeted girl, not to mention she's in a fucking relationship)

joined Mar 15, 2015

Imho zero. From what we've been shown so far, Fuuko's character is completely different.

That "middle school crush" anecdote is just a plot gimmick, a sob story the author made up to soften the bad impression Nanase is making on the readers with her milk-and-water approach to dating Yuni. The author doesn't want everyone to start rooting for Fuuko, at least not yet.

I'd like to point out that Yuni doesn't accept it as an excuse. By saying. "Don't compare me to her. We're not the same. I'm not that weak," she not only calls the other girl too cowardly for ending her friendship with Nanase, but also chides Nanase for letting her insecurity affect her relationship with Yuni. She then tells Nanase to put the incident behind her and trust her.

joined Aug 20, 2021

I'd like to point out that Yuni doesn't accept it as an excuse. By saying. "Don't compare me to her. We're not the same. I'm not that weak," she not only calls the other girl too cowardly for ending her friendship with Nanase, but also chides Nanase for letting her insecurity affect her relationship with Yuni. She then tells Nanase to put the incident behind her and trust her.

nahh, nanase didn't have that insecurity, look at how she behave and act with her senpai, its already beyond of couple thingy would do and she didn't have any issue with it. well let alone issue, even her face is all happy, no flinch at all.

i bet that story just a made up to manipulate yuni while she dating someone or multiple person out there.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

nanase is either a total asshole stringing her along or extremely closeted and relying on s-class stereotypes to pass

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Since I read the raw, I want to point out something that is not spoilers but my thoughts about the November issue.
1. How hard is it for Nanase to invite Yuni to sit in the gym in order to be around her during practice? Yuni attends no club and participates no sports.
2. How hard is it for Nanase to tell everyone that Yuni is a fan and friend of hers.
3. How hard is it for Nanase POSSIBLY POKE AROUND to create a volleyball team manager job for Yuni, which makes her legit to hang around all the time.
4. How hard is it for Yuni to realize that Nanase is NOT getting fearful of coming out of the closet, but rather is a cheater. This chapter shows a part of how inconsiderate and selfish of Nanase and essentially treats Yuni a disposable f***buddy.

5. How hard is it for Nanase to go on a date with Yuni in areas where they know they will not run into classmates? In addition, have Yuni not post anything on her account so as to keep Fuuko in the dark.

Anything that is negative from Nanase applying to Yuni will be picked up by Fuuko and use that for her stalking behavior.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Since I read the raw, I want to point out something that is not spoilers but my thoughts about the November issue.
1. How hard is it for Nanase to invite Yuni to sit in the gym in order to be around her during practice? Yuni attends no club and participates no sports.
2. How hard is it for Nanase to tell everyone that Yuni is a fan and friend of hers.
3. How hard is it for Nanase POSSIBLY POKE AROUND to create a volleyball team manager job for Yuni, which makes her legit to hang around all the time.
4. How hard is it for Yuni to realize that Nanase is NOT getting fearful of coming out of the closet, but rather is a cheater. This chapter shows a part of how inconsiderate and selfish of Nanase and essentially treats Yuni a disposable f***buddy.

5. How hard is it for Nanase to go on a date with Yuni in areas where they know they will not run into classmates? In addition, have Yuni not post anything on her account so as to keep Fuuko in the dark.

Anything that is negative from Nanase applying to Yuni will be picked up by Fuuko and use that for her stalking behavior.

That's still spoilers

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This series treats its tropes like it’s the horror genre. I mean, “Please don’t tell—I’ll do anything”? Seriously? Has this person never watched TV, gone to the movies, or read a book?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

How hard is it for Yuni to realize that Nanase is NOT getting fearful of coming out of the closet, but rather is a cheater. This chapter shows a part of how inconsiderate and selfish of Nanase and essentially treats Yuni a disposable f***buddy.

Uh with the latest ch updated, are we reading the same series? The only one Nanase is cheating with is her volleyball career lol.....other than that she's just your typical scared, closeted teenager (who shouldn't be in a relationship since she's not ready for it).

I don't blame Nanase's actions in this chapter. I don't think forgetting anniversaries and stuff means you love them any less. Heck, something important happened to her and the first person she wanted to tell was her gf. Things happen, people are busy, it's sometimes hard to keep track of dates. I hate it when people get angry for things because they expect something to happen, but it doesn't and then never let the other party know why they're upset. You can't always expect the other person to know what you're thinking of. If it bothers you just let them know about it.

I know this is supposed to be another example as to why Nanase and Yuni aren't a good fit together, but yeah that "it's our anniversary next week and I'm gonna wait for her to come to me first about it, oh no she forgot!" always gets on my nerves.

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

The drama felt a bit forced. .....but a drama still a drama so whatev 乁( ˘_˘)┌

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

This shit is too frustrating to read.

joined Jun 11, 2016

That's still spoilers

not really? They don't really spoil anything to me. I haven't read the raws yet but even I wonder about question 1, 2 and 6.

Also wow this chapter just makes me dislike Nanase even more. I'm not a fan of Fuuko either, stalkers are creepy, for me anyway. Tbh I hope this ends with Yuni breaking up with Nanase, grows a backbone and tells Fuuko to fuck off.

joined Jun 11, 2016

This series treats its tropes like it’s the horror genre. I mean, “Please don’t tell—I’ll do anything”? Seriously? Has this person never watched TV, gone to the movies, or read a book?

Well, to be fair, she was shocked and scared about being her secrets being discovered, making rational decisions is rather hard for her at that time.

I mean, it does sound cliché, but the "fight, flight or freeze" response is very much real.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Always love the heart eyes every single time.

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

This is getting interesting

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Kinda big lol. Instead of telling my girlfriend, let me just go along with this creepo and let her find out some other way!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's still spoilers

not really? They don't really spoil anything to me. I haven't read the raws yet but even I wonder about question 1, 2 and 6.

Also wow this chapter just makes me dislike Nanase even more. I'm not a fan of Fuuko either, stalkers are creepy, for me anyway. Tbh I hope this ends with Yuni breaking up with Nanase, grows a backbone and tells Fuuko to fuck off.

Don't know, feel more like you hate Nanase. Let's be honest here, all girls are afwul in their own right and they all have circumstances.

but even I wonder about question 1, 2

Totally not suspicious to invite one fan specifically. or having someone here watching you every damn time. Nanase don't want to bring suspiscion about them.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Fuuko: All according to keikaku !

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 4:29PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.