Forum › Posts by HitsujiMary

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

So let me get this straight, a cute and heartfelt story that approaches its subject in a serious and respectful manner is a no-go because it is short? What should be the minimum number of pages for a story featuring trans issues to not send "wrong messages"? 50? 70? 170?

So you think that drawing a female character and calling it "trans" is good representation? Short Manga who don't show the road the character went through is harmful, it subconsciously brings the idea that becoming trans is simple.

In the end I'm just saying if you are doing a trans story, make it right because at the moment it's criminal how dreamy everything is when that's not the case.

Y'know, I was just going to drop a comment about how I really like this manga (having re-read it just now), but... you do know that being trans does not equal suffering, right?

Perhaps you're a trans person who's feeling a bit depressed/negative, perhaps you're a transphobe. But plenty of trans people out there are living pretty fullfiling, happy, normal lives like that of makoto here.

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Sulemio time, so happy <3 <3 <3

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I can totally see this happening after the end of Utena!

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Gotta respect the classics

Indeed!
I absolutely love me some MariAli <3

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Ah thank god this had been picked up by a decent translator, I couldnt stand the other version. Haha

But yeah always fun when the yuri is just a little toxic. Even better when they're so openly fighting about theur sexlife that everyone around them is going "oh wait hey hold up"

It's a little rude of them to play our their kink foreplay in public like that though.

I'm sure the denizens of hate-sex yuriland are already used to it, so don't you worry.

HitsujiMary
End to End discussion 10 Mar 12:16
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Maybe... I do like my partner to be a bit possessive... Is that toxic tho?

Nope, it's perfectly fine <3

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

"aww I love you too pal! you're my best bud ever! i love having a friend like you"

The curse of every yuri fan, god fuckin' dammit.

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

...I liked it lol it was a fun read

People, y'all gotta stop treating comedy tropes so seriously. Sure, the comedy isn't anything to write home about, but there's a reason why the work doesn't concern itself with the real-life implications of brandishing a knife on your partner, and it's not because the author is a homicidal maniac lol

...At least that we know of.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Psychologists CAN'T prescribe drugs. Psychiatrists can, because they're doctors. That doesn't mean psychologists are fake, psychotherapy is a pretty robust discipline for being so young and it's demand is actually quite high, and good psychology education does provide a surface-level understanding of neurology.

On topic, Asakura's emotions seem to complicate the plot... lol

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

this oneshot is super cute! I wanted more, and then I saw the publication date on Dynasty.... More than 10 years ago, ouch ;w;

well, at least it's quite nice that this story came out so long ago!

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015
101129033_p0

fucking nice <3 We need more Robin x Nami

HitsujiMary
At Chirei discussion 16 Sep 02:46
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

This doujin really heals my soul. I had forgotten Karaagetarou was such a good storyteller. Thank you, uploaders, editors and translators <3

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Some context: This artist was popular for drawing a lot of "Hata-tan", which was the name for an emo/depressed version of Hatate

The author's storyline regarding these two is that Hatate looks up to/likes Aya, but the latter wont give her the time of day, and verbally berates her. There was also some stuff with Momiji? But I dont remember haha

I used to read their stuff a lot maany years back surprised this arrived here just now!

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

This feels organic, like something two young people experimenting with their sexuality would do and it's not super exaggerated.

I was about to comment the same thing!

A lot of people judge on content like this, but since most people masturbate or have sexual experiences at a young age, this kind of content can feel even... nostalgic? That's not the right wrong, but y'all probably understand.

Of course, there's the gaze issue and all, but Im just gonna go ahead and imagine this as a fictionalized personal experience that could have happened lol

HitsujiMary
Gunjo discussion 04 Apr 23:50
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I can't believe I never read this. This is easily one of the best works on Dynasty.

The art is absolutely marvelous, at some point I was internally screaming in jealousy, like "do you just wanna brag that you can draw hands and feet in any position/perspective and draw them perfectly!?". It was very exhausting, I assure you lol

I really like the story, though I didn't like the way the storyline just kept rethreading itself. I feel like it could have done without one or two of the many complications the main characters face (and I mean the menial stuff, like losing/gaining money/a car) It just feels a bit aimless, is all.

That said, the dialogue is definitely on point. You can even feel the weight the translators put behind every choice of word, and I'm sure it wasn't an easy task, so thanks!! Each and every line of dialogue felt very deliberate, and it reveals a tiny portion of the each character's mindset one at a time. This story could be just dialogue, no pictures and no prose, and it'd still be an incredibly interesting story.

I will also say that the Letterboxd reviews for the movie are all extremely biased because of the inclusion of the sex scene with Rei and the man at the train station, which just feels like an overreaction. All of the top reviews say stuff like "you can tell this is a movie about wlw directed by a man," but fail to mention the fact that the mangaka is a woman lol.

About this, it may just be that the reviewers feel the framing of the movie is male gaze-y. It kind of reminds me of the movie adaptation of "Blue is the warmest color", also a comic written by a woman, but the movie (despite having scenes that were lifted straight from the comic) was directed by a man and it just... well, felt very male gaze-y, so much so that the author even had to comment on it. Framing is everything, after all.

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Why is Sakurako-san a cat?

I do not know

HOWEVER. I shalln't complain.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

(just read the first volume and,) I can't believe I hadn't read this series before!

It's really nice, I love the main characters' dynamic. I'll admit, I'm a bit weak with female soldiers... And light hair in ponytails, so this is a killer combo for me.

Also, the main character is just too cute, I find myself passionately rooting for the wild rural girl with limitless reserves of energy!

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Also, gotta admit that I 100% relate to Nana's mood about killing vegetable pests.
When you see all your hard work destroyed by an unseen enemy...Your fury just builds up. Kill all the nematodes.

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I'm really enjoying this manga! also, is it just me, or this line exchange is quite hot?

I don't think having kids is hot, but there's something about the eagerness with which she's saying it + it being a scientific fact that just dokyuun's my heart.

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

As a dynasty reader, this feels like a character arc where we're finally rewarded after so many useless lesbian mangas that don't even have a kiss

I feel deeply thankful

...And I will gleefully take the next batch of lewds <3

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015
Nyanbabubabu-1319327598141296640-img1

I knew this was not-official from the moment I saw actual affection between the protagonists.

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015
87037899_p2

So cuute <3
I've never seen Index, only Railgun, so I often wondered why the hell I should care about Spiky-Hair-mcTypicalAnimeGuy. When Kuroko and Misaka are serious about their relationship it's so heartfelt <3

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I don't like it at all that the mother who is a whore and practically left his daughter at the mercy of a degenerate has a happy and satisfying life while the other mother has a somewhat miserable life, she is doing what is best for her daughter, there is nothing wrong with that.

Fascinating.

I've been laughing at this exchange for far too long www

I have no other words. That was excellently put.

at this point I just want TongTong and Xiao Lu to be happy, just give me that and I'll be satisfied with whatevs ;w;

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I love this manga SO SO MUCH
specially the character designs! So good! <3

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Am I the only one who read the narration in the Giraffe's voice? No? Good!

Really liked this doujin :3!