Forum › My Younger Senpai discussion

joined Mar 30, 2020

I guess the story is building up this way to spice things up but I can’t help getting annoying by the mc, she’s getting in the way of her past self?? cucking herself instead of helping to get together with the senpai. If her future self gets together with the senpai and one day she just gets back to the future it would have been all for nothing.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Thank God for Aya the B.

nims:

If her future self gets together with the senpai and one day she just gets back to the future it would have been all for nothing.

This this this this^

last edited at Aug 9, 2021 9:26PM

joined Jun 3, 2020

I guess the story is building up this way to spice things up but I can’t help getting annoying by the mc, she’s getting in the way of her past self?? cucking herself instead of helping to get together with the senpai. If her future self gets together with the senpai and one day she just gets back to the future it would have been all for nothing.

We've already talked about this in this forum. This argument is based on the idea that she will get back to the future, but she has no reason to believe that will happen. There is no Time Machine involved here, she just went to the past one day after hitting her head. As far as she knows, she is stuck in the past forever. And in that case, NOT trying to get together with Senpai as she is now means giving up her last chance to be with her.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That or this ain't even time traveling and she's just in a coma in the present or still sleeping in the park lmao.

I'm not much of a fan of the time-travel trope in any kind of narratives (it's usually a copout or incoherent, or both), so I'm kind of digging how this story seems to have zero fucks to give about its time-travel gimmick except as a means to get the older MC into proximity with the younger version of her crush.

Beyond the cell-phone-service conundrum and the magical appearance of a job and an apartment, we're now getting specific events from the past being replayed, but the presence of the older MC herself seems to make no difference at all--things just play out as if the older girl has always been there.

Maybe the story will eventually turn its attention to the implications of its time-travel setting, but there are few indications of it now.

There is one motif throughout the story that ties back to the time travel: the cell phones. The kids having the old flip phones (a little old even for 2011) is emphasized in how detailed the phones are always drawn and that they appear consistently and accurately at all. Meanwhile, future Nana has her tricked-out tri-camera phone, which Aya has seen as it was used to record her. The author is very intentionally including panels with or reasons to include the different phones in them, so I'm thinking they'll play some sort of part in the reveals.

Maybe Aya realize how advanced that phone is or hair clip-senpai will appear with a phone from an alternate timeline

joined Jul 23, 2021

Always have a feel that this manga has vibes from NTR hentai, just some funny feeling lol

MC : Blonde guy who wants to do lewd things to Heroine
Senpai : Heroine who always gives in to pleasure and can't give a hard reject, mysteriously gets turned on from a single touch
Pass MC : Childhood friend or friend that has some good vibes with heroine

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

people are so dumb we all know that the author is building up for one big harem in the end where aya seduces the whole school making her the queen

joined Sep 11, 2019

I think I'm just here for the wild ride the author will give, where does this go and where does this end?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Baha, these comments sections are the greatest entertainment.
Let's go through the complaints:
- Too much ecchi
- MC shouldn't treat her past self as a different person
- MC shouldn't be the character she was introduced as in the first episode.

The new thoughtful comments about the MC's personality would be fine, if we didn't get the first chapter we got. Where did you get the sense, in the pining woman who went to go masturbate in a children's park, that she was in any way a confident person, rather than desperate.
Everyone seems to have built up their own idea of where the story "should" go, instead of seeing what the mangaka has clearly laid out in front of us all. Either you assume that we have some information on the time travelling situation that the MC doesn't have, or you want the character to be someone other than who she is.

Your stories are intriguing, and thoughtful, for sure, and would probably be nice to read, but you really need to stop projecting.

I'd be more uncomfortable with the molesting if Saki-senpai ever made any effort to avoid it.
She meets a woman who saves her, but immediately kisses her as a "reward"
She follows that woman into a bathroom alone
She invites that woman out to the movies
She tells that woman about her acting failure and accepts her help.
She invites that woman ... to her school and wants to introduce her to the rest of her club members.
MC isn't forcing her senpai into any of these situations, so it's not exactly grooming. There's something about MC that senpai just ...wants.

The MC is surprisingly very selfish.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Your stories are intriguing, and thoughtful, for sure, and would probably be nice to read, but you really need to stop projecting.

Yep. And many of those hypothetical stories involve what appears to be a considerably larger investment of mental energy than the author is making.

And I could be wrong about my previous statement that the author gives zero fucks about the mechanics of time travel, but I don't think the amount of visual detail given to the various cellphones is very suggestive evidence that I am--lots of visual detail for just about everything seems to be this mangaka's thing.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Baha, these comments sections are the greatest entertainment.
Let's go through the complaints:
- Too much ecchi
- MC shouldn't treat her past self as a different person
- MC shouldn't be the character she was introduced as in the first episode.

The new thoughtful comments about the MC's personality would be fine, if we didn't get the first chapter we got. Where did you get the sense, in the pining woman who went to go masturbate in a children's park, that she was in any way a confident person, rather than desperate.
Everyone seems to have built up their own idea of where the story "should" go, instead of seeing what the mangaka has clearly laid out in front of us all. Either you assume that we have some information on the time travelling situation that the MC doesn't have, or you want the character to be someone other than who she is.

I'd be more uncomfortable with the molesting if Saki-senpai ever made any effort to avoid it.
She meets a woman who saves her, but immediately kisses her as a "reward"
She follows that woman into a bathroom alone
She invites that woman out to the movies
She tells that woman about her acting failure and accepts her help.
She invites that woman ... to her school and wants to introduce her to the rest of her club members.
MC isn't forcing her senpai into any of these situations, so it's not exactly grooming. There's something about MC that senpai just ...wants.

This is by far the most comprehensive comment on here, I too have seen the light, MC was like that from the beginning and senpai wants some of that. Kudos stranger!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I could use a taco and burrito supreme from Necos Bell about now.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Everyone seems to have built up their own idea of where the story "should" go, instead of seeing what the mangaka has clearly laid out in front of us all...Your stories are intriguing, and thoughtful, for sure, and would probably be nice to read, but you really need to stop projecting.

I don't know. I don't think a lot of people read the first few chapters and thought the story was going desperate horny woman pulls a NTR on her past self.

And it's not their fault for misreading the story. If so many people had misaligned expectations, then the problem is probably not the people, but the writing.

When you introduce a time travel plot where the MC meets their past self, there's an inherent promise in the premise that they'll do SOMETHING with their past self. But so far, all the MC has done is ignore her past self. That's not to say ignoring her past self is bad in itself. It's just the MC never explicitly explained why she's ignoring her past self. She doesn't really reflect on what meeting her past self means. It's kind of a let down since there was a lot of potential with that. Why have them meet in the first place if the past self isn't going to be a character? Again, if a lot of people have a problem with a thing, it's probably worth asking why instead of complaining about their complaints.

There seems to be some plot with the past self now, finally. It took way too long and man, and I think it's going in the love triangle route >.>/ Tbh you know the love triangle route is white cracker bland when you can literally switch out the MC's past self with a new random character and nothing about it would be lost.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

When you introduce a time travel plot where the MC meets their past self, there's an inherent promise in the premise that they'll do SOMETHING with their past self. But so far, all the MC has done is ignore her past self.

I want to clarify that immediately after realizing she time travelled, she beelined for her sempai and the chapter ends with her stating her goal. No mention of past self nor any desire to interact with past self. Clearly selfish in her desire to just want to date and fuck sempai.

It's just the MC never explicitly explained why she's ignoring her past self. She doesn't really reflect on what meeting her past self means.

This did happen in chapter 3 when she was worried meeting her past self would make her disappear.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

myrrhmidon posted:

When you introduce a time travel plot where the MC meets their past self, there's an inherent promise in the premise that they'll do SOMETHING with their past self. But so far, all the MC has done is ignore her past self.

I want to clarify that immediately after realizing she time travelled, she beelined for her sempai and the chapter ends with her stating her goal. No mention of past self nor any desire to interact with past self. Clearly selfish in her desire to just want to date and fuck sempai.

Isn't it normal for characters to change and grow as time goes on, though? Usually involving the core premises of the series?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Everyone seems to have built up their own idea of where the story "should" go, instead of seeing what the mangaka has clearly laid out in front of us all...Your stories are intriguing, and thoughtful, for sure, and would probably be nice to read, but you really need to stop projecting.

I don't know. I don't think a lot of people read the first few chapters and thought the story was going desperate horny woman pulls a NTR on her past self.

And it's not their fault for misreading the story. If so many people had misaligned expectations, then the problem is probably not the people, but the writing.

When you introduce a time travel plot where the MC meets their past self, there's an inherent promise in the premise that they'll do SOMETHING with their past self.

You’ve pretty much laid out a textbook example of people projecting “their own idea of where the story ‘should’ go.”

I get it—past MC is the kind of introverted glasses girl who looks just ripe for a “makeover redemption” arc. But at least at this point that doesn’t appear to be the trope train track this story is running on.

joined Mar 31, 2020

I think there's a lot less projection than people are being accused of here. If you just go with the flow of the story, in hindsight it's easy to say that, because a story turned out the way it did, expecting anything else is just projection, but those expectations have textual basis. Time travel is the core premise and, as the title's creative implied twist, is also likely the main hook for readers unless they're here for other tags. But time travel was largely used as just a deus ex machina for a typical seduce-the-love-interest story with a rival; MC resolves to follow this path early on. And even then, the rival is so passive that this still is a bit misrepresentative. Time travel did add a "must conceal my true identity" aspect, which is arguably compelling, but the story hasn't significantly engaged with time travel's other ramifications, possibilities, or aspects like MC's knowledge of people & events in her past (the latter has been acknowledged but not really used). Again, given the title, and the continual reminder that MC's past self is such, I think it's fair to say it's unexpected how little the time travel matters. Similarly, the prevalence of her past self in the text contrasts with her past self's continued passiveness and lack of relationship with MC; MC thinks about her a lot, but primarily as a roadblock. I avoid absolutes because, like with the time travel, there are glimpses of development which fuel hope for change, but so far the author has done nothing to expand upon them.

So I think if someone sees time travel or a love rival, starts/keeps reading, and gets disappointed when those aspects appear minimally, but reads on hoping for change, those feelings don't come from nowhere. Both were promised at the start, and we have been reminded of both continually as if they matter, but neither has played an active role since MC's initial resolution. I do think time travel will stay about as relevant as it has been in recent chapters (read: not relevant), but Chapter 10 suggests MC's past self might assume a slightly more active role, so I don't think it's completely absurd to hope against hope for other changes. The story is similarly noncommittal about whether the non-con molestation is okay since senpai doesn't explicitly condone or rebuke it, and that also means failing to fully distance itself from either the "I'm uncomfortable with this" crowd or the "I'm okay with this" crowd and opening itself up to criticism from one and backlash-criticism from the other, but I'm not really interested in talking about that at this point.

last edited at Aug 11, 2021 11:52AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think there's a lot less projection than people are being accused of here. If you just go with the flow of the story, in hindsight it's easy to say that, because a story turned out the way it did, expecting anything else is just projection, but those expectations have textual basis. Time travel is the core premise and, as the title's creative implied twist, is also likely the main hook for readers unless they're here for other tags. But time travel was largely used as just a deus ex machina for a typical seduce-the-love-interest story with a rival; MC resolves to follow this path early on. And even then, the rival is so passive that this still is a bit misrepresentative. Time travel did add a "must conceal my true identity" aspect, which is arguably compelling, but the story hasn't significantly engaged with time travel's other ramifications, possibilities, or aspects like MC's knowledge of people & events in her past (the latter has been acknowledged but not really used). Again, given the title, and the continual reminder that MC's past self is such, I think it's fair to say it's unexpected how little the time travel matters. Similarly, the prevalence of her past self in the text contrasts with her past self's continued passiveness and lack of relationship with MC; MC thinks about her a lot, but primarily as a roadblock. I avoid absolutes because, like with the time travel, there are glimpses of development which fuel hope for change, but so far the author has done nothing to expand upon them.

So I think if someone sees time travel or a love rival, starts/keeps reading, and gets disappointed when those aspects appear minimally, but reads on hoping for change, those feelings don't come from nowhere. Both were promised at the start, and we have been reminded of both continually as if they matter, but neither has played an active role since MC's initial resolution. I do think time travel will stay about as relevant as it has been in recent chapters (read: not relevant), but Chapter 10 suggests MC's past self might assume a slightly more active role, so I don't think it's completely absurd to hope against hope for other changes. The story is similarly noncommittal about whether the non-con molestation is okay since senpai doesn't explicitly condone or rebuke it, and that also means failing to fully distance itself from either the "I'm uncomfortable with this" crowd or the "I'm okay with this" crowd and opening itself up to criticism from one and backlash-criticism from the other, but I'm not really interested in talking about that at this point.

This is all reasonable enough, but I think it massively overstates the supposed “promise” the story was making in regard to the time travel trope—outraged/frustrated readers have basically ignored the ludicrous mechanics of the masturbation-powered time-travel process.

I have no idea what readers who are “here for tag X” think they have been promised—after the initial chapter or two of a series, I go by how the story itself operates rather than by the tags, and this one has yet to seriously concern itself with matters that many readers so obviously think it should.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

BASED FRIEND

Link%20square
joined Feb 15, 2015

This story is freakin' lunacy and I am hopelessly, fully invested in it.

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

This is hilarious so far, never seen anything quite like it, the art is pretty fun too. Reminds me a bit about Skeeter Rabbit in terms of artists seemingly obvious background, also a bit funny how some times we get cute angles of Seto as seen from a tall man and Nana looking down on her even tho Seto is a somewhat taller then her, but I see it as part of this series charm :D

In style also a bit like Yuzumori-san, what grown woman wouldn't want to kidnap a super well shaped beautiful tomboyish teenage girl.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Ah I'm dropping this.... The forced sexual stuff every single chapter is just getting really really old. The writing is just too terrible. Have fun folks...

last edited at Aug 17, 2021 7:58PM

NTR yuri lover
joined Aug 21, 2021

The future self must give this chance to her younger self but she won't give up her horniness

Images%20(3)
joined Aug 6, 2021

Ah I'm dropping this.... The forced sexual stuff every single chapter is just getting really really old. The writing is just too terrible. Have fun folks...

100% relateable, it has been 10 chapters+extra and I liked the idea but the "so she DID love me back then!" plot paired with the 'pure maiden in love just having public sex with the stranger onee-san every time they meet while in love with someone' is lame already. If it wasn't just them being sexual over and over it might actually be quite interesting- and the speculation about the possible small hints like the phones being important seems to be wishful thinking.

Many (yuri-)artist have a problem with doing a longer running series and stories, just like Fuyume Saya said herself in "Your True Color". This here author might pump out better content later on- but this work just screams "I want to draw a school girl getting molested by an Onee-san and make them have sex every second they spend together", it should have been a 1-2 part full on Hentai, tbh.

To reply you must either login or sign up.