Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

(These were updated a few hours after your post but-)

Thank you! In the future you may post things like this in the Help thread if you'd like to be sure they're seen asap.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is godly. Blown away that it's their first doujinshi, it's so cute!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It’s funny the thread started with Bend it like Beckham. I was just shower thoughting a few days ago that a She’s the Man remake would surely have Viola/Olivia as endgame…that’d be good. Life would be better.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Dynasty-Scans's Editor's Guide discussion - Last updated 1 year 9 months ago
Dynasty Scans Twitter - Last updated 1 year 9 months ago. Twitter account has been inactive for over a year.
Scanlator Recruiting & Project Discussion V2 - Last updated 1 year 4 months ago
Dynasty Scans Charity Fundraiser 2022 - Last updated 1 year 2 months ago. Unlikely to be updated again. Donation page is closed and cannot be contributed to.

I'm thinking maybe some of these threads can be pruned to reduce clutter on the front page of the forum, and make more room for chapter discussions. And maybe the ones that don't get pruned could be bundled into a single "Dynasty Scans Administrivia" thread.

Yeah, I agree with that. Will drop the fundraiser for now, look forward to the others being dropped in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

hi, I was wondering how we delete our account or change our username? bc the current one I have is like. dead old lmao

Hi. There's no option to do it yourself, but I can handle that for you if you let me know what your preference is (i.e. delete your account, or change the username to something you'd prefer)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but how come you've removed your translations of I Scream and Happy I Scream from the site?

Hey. This wasn't actually the scanlation group's choice, Nekomura requested us (Dynasty Reader) to remove the titles directly, and we obliged her request. You can find the entire list of titles here.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Series Note

There was a bit of a mix-up with this series. By requests of the scanlators, updates beyond chapter 2 have been removed for the time being. Those chapters will return in the future, when some adjustments have been made to them. Thanks to all involved with the effort, and sorry for the trouble!

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 5:45PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This post is very disturbing, the author seems to wish for a nuclear war and the extermination of billions. It disturbed me, at least.

Also, perhaps more relevant, the post continues the discussion on English language (that Cogito mentioned before) after moderation stated it should stop. This is the Mod Note by OrangePekoe asking for the end of that discussion; NARESH4444 posted hours after that—and also triggered new replies.

Removed the offending comments, thanks. Actively watching, I'll follow-up with further actions if needed.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod Note

Folks, come on. We've been at this for four pages. All these anecdotes and opinions on the English language have excruciatingly little to do with either the manga or the actual discussion taking place. If you don't intend to post about the manga or engage with other users about this manga, Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko!, please refrain from posting.

joined Mar 20, 2013

Kirin-kun posted:

Uploaders also have rights of moderation (for the tags).

When there is ambiguity, you should leave tag changes of other's work to staff. This prevents group's warring over each other's tags. It also prevents confusion over incorrect tag usage.

Licentious Lantern posted:

I would not consider it a war, at the very least not my involvement in it. I was merely trying to voice my doubts towards the tagging of the story based on its actual contents, all the while discovering the inadequacy of the site's actual definitions for major tags.

Went ahead and adjusted the descriptions for Yuri and Yuri crush. Yuri crush has always been used to fill a particular role - highlighting stories in which one-sided love is a notable side plot or character trait. The narrative of this story is completely centered around the relationship of these two women. Thus, the spirit of Yuri crush doesn't apply. I also don't believe there is any appetite for adding an extra tag for one-sided love. If nothing else, this would be an extreme spoiler for older oneshots and series that hinged on the uncertainty of outcomes. If you want to discuss further, we can do so in the FAQ.

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 3:36PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Absolutely, done.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Shenhai Isabel posted:

I notice an odd technical issue where one of my recent releases (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saesyu_manga) appears correctly in the "Recently Added" list on March 04, 2023, but the front page list, it's down on page 99(!) while other releases from March 4 are still on page 1. There seem to be a few other releases that have a similar problem where they didn't appear at the top of the front page when they were new, so this doesn't seem to be a one-off issue. I'm worried that front page browsers will miss some new releases when this happens, and hope this issue can be looked into.

It seems like this one was lost in the queue and didn't have a public release elsewhere, so I've adjusted the upload date to show on the front page as you would have expected. The rest said above stands as correct though.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

onyxpanda posted:

Porrima and Doctor _Hoot's suggestion of het in source

+1

Personally I'd rather be able to blacklist or identify the tag so I wouldn't see the work and accidentally check out the source. Or worst yet, not see the source link because it was removed (for reasons unaware) and look it up for myself.

The blacklist function doesn't work on images, they would still show up all the same. Not my area of the site though, so I don't have much else to add.

OrangePekoe Admin
Anemone discussion 26 Feb 02:32
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod Note

Okay then. Next post to stray away from the topic of the manga Anemone will be removed and the user responsible banned. Thanks.

Wintergreen6442 posted:

cute story on paper, not even the remotest semblance to reality. of course the comments are filled with the takes of a bunch of lazy bootlickers, history is determined by the winners and all that.

no one born and raised in a capitalist society should be allowed to have takes on historical revolutions, its impossible to separate propaganda nonsense from reality

After reviewing this post, you've been banned for a week. It is not acceptable to refer to other users as "bootlickers," and this being supposedly directed at individuals advocating empathy and non-violence makes it even less tolerable.

OrangePekoe Admin
Anemone discussion 25 Feb 00:58
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod Note

As the conversation has turned to insults, and was barely on topic in the first place, it's now over. If you'd like to continue discussing the manga Anemone, please continue to. If you'd like to discuss some other, tertiary topic, please take it somewhere else. Further comments deemed off-topic will be removed. Thank you.

last edited at Feb 25, 2023 12:58AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

RyuMako-Himakurako, banned. Cleaned the thread afterwards. This is the thread for the manhua Childhood Sweetheart Liaoliao. Not an appropriate space to engage in "shitposting" on completely unrelated topics. Thanks.

last edited at Feb 18, 2023 2:17PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

Maya02 posted:

The second you start doing this, you're giving yourself away. Stay away from kids if you know this much about this crap.

It's fine to dislike the manga for whatever reason, and to express your dislike of it here. Insinuating other posters are dangerous to fellow human beings is certainly not fine. First and last warning, don't do that again. Thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
Nekomura discussion 11 Feb 00:42
OrangePekoe Admin
Yukataro discussion 10 Feb 14:07
joined Mar 20, 2013

"Party of Female Adventurers Fuck a lot at the Inn Once Nighttime Comes" by Yukataro has been removed today by request of Irodori Comics. A purchasable digital copy may be found on their website. Its discussion thread can be found here.

last edited at Feb 10, 2023 2:10PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sadistic-Demon posted:

Anyone know how to block certain tags so that don’t show up in searches? Reading all the comments and I guess admin is just going to let hetero stuff be uploaded here? Thought that kinda defeated the purpose but whatever. So can I filter the tags/ searches somehow?

Blacklist feature detailed here. In search, simply include your desired tag in the "Without tags" field. Otherwise, you've read my previous posts so I can't fathom why you proceeded to make this one in this manner. Banned for a day, next time for this offense is permanent. Take care.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Caught up to one manga today and upon realizing that it had multiple released chapters in past month and I had it on subscribed, I went and checked and saw that I got no notification mails since April 2022, there's nothing in my spam either, even though in my settings I have notification e-mails enabled. Is the feature broken or is that just my profile issue?

The feature is broken, unfortunately. There will be a news post when it is fixed.

jq- posted:

Proposal for a "family life" tag! I'm not sure where to best draw the line for when something is a theme versus an episode, but I was thinking works like AniYome and I Hope It's Sunny Tomorrow would certainly qualify, and then there are some that are more uncertain?

not at all asking because I'm considering a series that might have 0 tags if not for this one's appearance heh

I like that proposal.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

YuriPanda posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/20337-after-school-mate-discussion?page=5

Kinda derailed to start being pages long paragraphs about wierd theroies about trans people, what causes "trans" and what they need to feel and what surgoeries they need to really count as their gender.

dont know if rule breaking but it's hard to talk about the manga there and feels wierd.

Thanks for posting. Sorry it took a while. I've cleaned the thread. Rules 9 and 11 certainly applied to a good portion of those comments.

as its the secong time, maybe a offtopic forum post with links to wikipedia or orther sites about trans topics can be made, so if anyone has actual questions, they can go there and people dont write "trust me bro"-essays about weird trans-theories.

I could make it/provide a bunch of wiki/youtube and other links myself.

It's probably more like the hundredth. I'm not sure how I (or others) feel about Dynasty-curated educational content at the moment. The suggestion does appear to be worth thinking about more deeply though. If you wish to pursue either of those on your own time I won't stop you, but I can't offer any guarantee they will amount to much on our end.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod Note

Deleted a swath of comments with little relevance to the manga. Banned the obviously transphobic commenter. This thread is for the manga After School Mate. Manga threads generally aren't the most appropriate place for long discussions about the essence of transness. Thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
Anime season 02 Feb 21:19
joined Mar 20, 2013

dist4nt dre4mer posted:

Anyway, what I wanted to talk to you about is not really anime and I hope you don't mind me dropping here to recommend a, I'd say, must watch show (fans are currently fighting "Holy war" on Twitter for a 3d season). Maybe some of you have watched it, Warrior Nun. Give it a chance if you have time, 2 seasons are out (Netflix canceled the 3d, therefore the fight), I promise many of you won't regret it and will fall in love with the story, characters and production. Also, come join us on Twitter and help us #SaveWarriorNun

Hey, thanks for posting this. Watched it while recovering from various winter illnesses, and it's shockingly decent, especially with a title like that. Shame it got Netflix'd, it's so tough to find decent GL with action that actually complements it.

OrangePekoe Admin
YuuLily discussion 02 Feb 16:13
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mod Note

Yeah, better late than never. Disregarding the earliest iteration of the tags on this doujin, we're happy with them as they stand now*, and have no current intention to add new tags or change the general ethos for tagging such works in the future. Given the nature of the thread, there is neither any intention to delete posts already made. However, this is not the appropriate place for strong tag discussions. I'd ask that any further thoughts on that issue be made in the Help thread. Thanks.

*Tags at time of posting: Age gap Lily x Yuugiri Lolicon Lots of sex NSFW Transgender Yuri Zombies