Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

joined Jan 3, 2020

What is with these delicate, slow burn stories? Where is the passion? Women kiss, women FUCK. This pure love innocence uwu stuff in yuri manga is so cringe and so unrealistic. I mean goddamn they are married and sleeping in separate rooms, kurumi is always leaving ruriko alone, like how is she okay with that?? Zero intimacy, zero acting like a couple at all. I just feel like love between women is so misrepresented in manga sometimes, as if it’s somehow less than. Anyways, apologies, end of rant

You think this is slow burn!? Talk to me after you read 35 chapters of a series and they are still using lines like "But we're both girls" or asking things like "Is there someone you like".

Read Lily from YY or Oujo-sama Nante Irenai before talking about slow burn for 10/15 chapters.

Oh man, Lily. Only took 500 chapters lol.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What is with these delicate, slow burn stories? Where is the passion? Women kiss, women FUCK. This pure love innocence uwu stuff in yuri manga is so cringe and so unrealistic. I mean goddamn they are married and sleeping in separate rooms, kurumi is always leaving ruriko alone, like how is she okay with that?? Zero intimacy, zero acting like a couple at all. I just feel like love between women is so misrepresented in manga sometimes, as if it’s somehow less than. Anyways, apologies, end of rant

You think this is slow burn!? Talk to me after you read 35 chapters of a series and they are still using lines like "But we're both girls" or asking things like "Is there someone you like".

Read Lily from YY or Oujo-sama Nante Irenai before talking about slow burn for 10/15 chapters.

iirc, it took Yi Lin nearly 300 chapters to realize she love Ruo Xi or at least to think "I'm in love with her"

joined Sep 13, 2018

probably because its japan , even straight love in manga takes forever to have progres and even when the girl is willing to have sex with the guy still nothing happens because "muh purity" , i kind of love these kind of yuri stories , it feels wholesome like the one with the sisters that got to see eachother in a mixing after years of not talking.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

we need to value more mangas like these where the couple actually acts like adults. Open communication and lack of unecessary misunderstandings, we love it

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

No judgment but I think you just need to read hentai if that's what you're going for. There's story-filled hentai/ecchi manga. Have fun with that.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

No judgment but I think you just need to read hentai if that's what you're going for. There's story-filled hentai/ecchi manga. Have fun with that.

There are ways to show that a couple is sexually involved without needing hardcore sex scenes. The classic, showing the couple passionately kissing while collapsing onto a bed, then showing them lying in bed under the covers, with just a hint of bare skin, comes immediately to mind.

last edited at Jul 4, 2021 10:15PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

this is Japan lol. Even that is scandalous

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

Just passing by to say hi and that this manga is outstanding, it has everything:

1) Bread

2) Informative credit pages

The manga itself is a nice extra to those.

Also a shout-out to the fellow Lily readers that I saw around here , you're awesome , really 400+ CHP for a kiss was worth the burn.
Even the "sequel" Lala took almost 200+ CHP not for a confession, kiss or anything it was just a "reset" back to square 1 and I liked it .

Guess I'll slow burn with this manga too.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I'm not bothered by the slow development, I'm more bothered that we'll have to wait years to see it. Also kinda worried they won't end up together or the pay off won't be that worth it.

Anyway, asking for them to show they're sleeping together and do that stuff is just out of character for this story. The point is, they are indeed friends who just happened to say yolo and get married. The marriage essentially doesn't mean anything.
I'd like to start seeing some hints though. When Da-Chan said to Ruriko "but are you happy with that" before getting interrupted, it felt like she implied Ruriko has talked with her about having romantic feelings and she just goes along with this marriage because it is the closest she can get.

last edited at Jul 5, 2021 2:22PM

joined May 11, 2015

sobbing i love this

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

As long as no one is teaching Stretching, they may be able to salvage this marriage. Unless they're picked up by KyoAni, but in that case, the moment when they realize they're both girls, that part is dirty, and you're one of those but my destiny is to be married ... will be very touching.
Oh, I left out "do you have anyone you like" so thanks to the comment above. That is, indeed, the essence of true girls' love It is much better to fix your crush up with a random guy than to hint at being attracted to them. Nowadays, it seems like today's lesbian girls don't understand that!

last edited at Jul 6, 2021 6:03PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, I left out "do you have anyone you like" so thanks to the comment above. That is, indeed, the essence of true girls' love It is much better to fix your crush up with a random guy than to hint at being attracted to them. Nowadays, it seems like today's lesbian girls don't understand that!

Or it could go like this. :P

joined Aug 10, 2014

Wait, is same-sex marriage legal now in Japan??
I feel so ignorant for not knowing T.T

It's not. At least, not in the whole country. There are rumors that they may legalize it next year, but I'm not holding my breath. There are some places where you can get a civil union certificate, like Shibuya, though.

If they ever make it legal nationwide I hope we get A FUCKING LOT of epilogues of finished series about characters getting married.

Speaking of which,how is the fight for LBGTQIA+ rights going on in Japan ? There is this stereotype of life in Japanese society being about making the less amount of disturbance as possible,and I suppose that kind of clashes with non Hetero people that might have to deal with an hostile environment on a daily basis.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

i love this
we need more mangas like this

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

I see, so there is a possibility that this is not going to end in a romantic way. Interesting ! It's a new way to see love and marriage.

joined Dec 8, 2019

I just want to say that in addition to enjoying the story, I think the scanlators have done a great job with the fun and informative credits pages. Thank you!

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I see, so there is a possibility that this is not going to end in a romantic way. Interesting ! It's a new way to see love and marriage.

I think it's going the opposite way, actually – at the start, it seemed more likely to be ending with the two of them going their separate ways (because Ruriko is too chickenshit to be forthcoming about her actual feelings for Kurumi, among other reasons), but over the course of the series, it feels like Kurumi has been seeing Ruriko more and more as a serious life partner as Ruriko, for whatever reason, gets more hesitant and diffident. The shifting dynamics between the two of them are my favorite thing about this series and the biggest thing that differentiates it from Crescent Moon & Doughnuts.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Wait, is same-sex marriage legal now in Japan??
I feel so ignorant for not knowing T.T

It's not. At least, not in the whole country. There are rumors that they may legalize it next year, but I'm not holding my breath. There are some places where you can get a civil union certificate, like Shibuya, though.

If they ever make it legal nationwide I hope we get A FUCKING LOT of epilogues of finished series about characters getting married.

Speaking of which,how is the fight for LBGTQIA+ rights going on in Japan ? There is this stereotype of life in Japanese society being about making the less amount of disturbance as possible,and I suppose that kind of clashes with non Hetero people that might have to deal with an hostile environment on a daily basis.

What happened was that one court struck down an amendment that was inserted in the Japanese Constitution. That amendment specified that marriage can only be legal between a man and a woman. Constitution doesn't originally specify that you could not marry someone from your own sex, it just sets terms and legal boundaries for such union.

So now what needs to happen is some people trying to get married, seeing if government lets it happen. Probably some lawsuits, more political screeching and so on.

Unfortunately, Liberal Democratic Party LDP (which is actually rather conservative party despite its name) has a lot of very blatant, ignorant homophobes and people who hate those who are transgendered or disabled. Just this very year, for example (wiki quote): "In May 2021, Japan’s the conservative governing LDP has been accused of violating the Olympic charter after it failed to approve a bill to protect the rights of the LGBT community, during discussions marred by homophobic outbursts from conservative MPs. Closed meetings held in May to discuss a bill, proposed by opposition parties, ended without agreement after some LDP MPs said the rights of sexual minorities had "gone too far". An unnamed lawmaker described LGBT people as "morally unacceptable", while another MP, Kazuo Yana, said sexual minorities were "resisting the preservation of the species that occurs naturally in biological terms", media reports said."

So yeah... It's a mess.

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 6:13PM

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

For the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, the organizers ended up using music from a composer who has frequently espoused homophobic, ultranationalist sentiments (and also scored several Dragon Quest games, so thanks for that, gamers). (This was after Cornelius, the original music director for the Olympics, lost the gig because old interviews with him where he admitted to bullying disabled classmates in school resurfaced. This Olympics has not been great for Japan's image.) He's friends with a number of similarly reactionary / homophobic LDP politicians with ties to the ruling faction within the party. The Japanese establishment is dominated by this kind of right-wing asshole, so it seems likely that government policy is going to lag significantly behind the attitudes of the Japanese populace in general (which is, as a rule, more tolerant than the law or government policy would indicate) for quite a while longer.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Are you telling med that Pizza and Soda dont go well together?

Now if that aint superstition then i dont know what is

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

A pretty nice chill chapter

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I also love Chihuahuas! I used to have two but my dad gave away one of them and the other one got killed by another dog. Luckily, I'm staying at my brother's and he has one and she's so cute!

Also, I swear to god if these two do not confess their undying love for each other and have science babies by the end of the series I'm going to be MAD

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Really nice to see Kurumi getting along with Ruri's parents so well. I'm interested to see if the author goes down a "traditional" romance path or tries something different, along the lines of "there are many ways to have a relationship", where they are part family, part friends, part lovers.

Taking Crescent Moon into consideration as well, it really seems like Usui Shio is very interested in the question of what defines a romantic relationship, as her characters seem to be constantly questioning and negotiating their position in the greyzone between friendship and romantic love. I really hope the eventual conclusions of both stories will be good, because in the end, they will sort of need to find a definition that works for them, but that also gives the reader a satisfying end to the story. Pull this off well and it becomes a truly great and thought-provoking story, but it can easily be confusing or feel half-baked too.

In a sense, "classic" romance would be much easier to write, so I'm both excited and a bit scared to see how this goes on. Fingers crossed that she'll continue to deliver quality work

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 7:03PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It could, but I'm not convinced Usui Shio will resist the temptation :P We had some decent signals already.

joined Jun 7, 2019

AT LEAST THEY KISSED AND DID STUFF AFTER STARTING DATING HAVE YOU READ ADACHI TO SHIMAMURA???THEIR MOST INTIMANT MOMENT THAT THEY HAD WAS A KISS IN THE F O R E H E A D

last edited at Jul 24, 2021 7:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.