Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Really nice to see Kurumi getting along with Ruri's parents so well. I'm interested to see if the author goes down a "traditional" romance path or tries something different, along the lines of "there are many ways to have a relationship", where they are part family, part friends, part lovers.

Taking Crescent Moon into consideration as well, it really seems like Usui Shio is very interested in the question of what defines a romantic relationship, as her characters seem to be constantly questioning and negotiating their position in the greyzone between friendship and romantic love. I really hope the eventual conclusions of both stories will be good, because in the end, they will sort of need to find a definition that works for them, but that also gives the reader a satisfying end to the story. Pull this off well and it becomes a truly great and thought-provoking story, but it can easily be confusing or feel half-baked too.

In a sense, "classic" romance would be much easier to write, so I'm both excited and a bit scared to see how this goes on. Fingers crossed that she'll continue to deliver quality work

So futaribeya but with actual sex scenes eventually?

In all seriousness I do think that it could go either way between traditional falling in love and the unlabeled grey zone, and I’d love it either way. (And no offense meant to futaribeya, I like that series a lot too).

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Nice, this probably how mostly parent will acts after same sex marriage get legal in Japan.
But since it didn`t happen before the olympic, will take a lot time

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

It wouldn't be Heron without a long and informative credit page.

joined Sep 22, 2015

Omg. Is this the first yuri manga actually showing fully supportive parents? This is so cute and wholesome. And Ruriko is so smooth for saying those lines!

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Supportive parents. LET'S GOOO

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Not only do the parents not have a problem with their marriage, they get much better along with their daughter in law than their actual daughter. :D

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

This really makes me see how lucky I am that my parents are always totally cool from the get-go with everything I do. Coming out in my late teens and having my first ''official'' girlfriend was already so nerve-racking , I can't imagine how hard it must be if your parents aren't on your side (^^) I hope Ruri realises how lucky she is as well.

last edited at Jul 25, 2021 10:07AM

joined Mar 15, 2015

Not only do the parents not have a problem with their marriage, they get much better along with their daughter in law than their actual daughter. :D

I guess this is a natural result when they've known the daughter-in-law for years, as opposed to the daughter-in-law being a stranger.

It also reminds me of I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying, in which Kyoko (Hajime's mother) gets along well with her daughter-in-law Kaoru, but becomes comically furious when nagging Hajime about not having a job.

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Yikes.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

That is what family is all about. Showing dog pictures to each other.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Who tf is out here telling me not to eat watermelon with fried food. That's just good summer food.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Talking about food and that very informative credit page...what would japanese people think about milk with rice?, is a very common dessert/beverage here in Mexico, but sometimes i think that seems an odd combination, most of the times i am drinking it along with tamales :)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Kojiro481 posted:

This really makes me see how lucky I am that my parents are always totally cool from the get-go with everything I do. Coming out in my late teens and having my first ''official'' girlfriend was already so nerve-racking , I can't imagine how hard it must be if your parents aren't on your side (^^) I hope Ruri realises how lucky she is as well.

Awesome, wholesome comment.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

this is so cute im gonna explode from diabetes

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Talking about food and that very informative credit page...what would japanese people think about milk with rice?, is a very common dessert/beverage here in Mexico, but sometimes i think that seems an odd combination, most of the times i am drinking it along with tamales :)

Milk with rice is heresy to most Japanese. I know one Japanese person who loves it and a number who think it is absolutely disgusting :D

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Milk with rice is heresy to most Japanese. I know one Japanese person who loves it and a number who think it is absolutely disgusting :D

Milk with rice and sugar, as I know it, is a very common, well-loved dessert. Arroz con leche. There's even a popular nursery rhyme:

♪ Arroz con leche, me quiero casar
Con una señorita de la capital... ♫

joined Jan 6, 2017

Milk with rice and sugar, as I know it, is a very common, well-loved dessert. Arroz con leche. There's even a popular nursery rhyme:

It's just rice pudding right? Which is just sweet rice porridge. I know rice porridge is pretty popular in East Asia, but dunno if they have sweet versions...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's just rice pudding right? Which is just sweet rice porridge. I know rice porridge is pretty popular in East Asia, but dunno if they have sweet versions...

We usually made it as a sort of congee. You know congee is rice boiled in water? To make arroz con leche, you boil rice in milk. Then, in a separate bowl, you mix sugar and grated lemon peel with an egg yolk or two, and you add it to the pot with the rice and the milk and you keep cooking it a few minutes more. You'll have to cool it before serving it, because it's supposed to be a cold dessert.

I'm not sure if this is the recipe Nene was thinking about, tho... I know different places in South America have different versions of this dish.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I'm not sure if this is the recipe Nene was thinking about, tho... I know different places in South America have different versions of this dish.

In France too: riz au lait.

ThatdudefromVietNam
T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Jun 23, 2019

Most unrealistic chapter ever, does the author actually there are asian parents out there fine with the fact that her daughter is with a girl and not a man,harsh truth but yeah

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Most unrealistic chapter ever, does the author actually there are asian parents out there fine with the fact that her daughter is with a girl and not a man,harsh truth but yeah

In a world where same-sex marriage has been legal there for years? I don't see why not. After all, for the law to change, the generation in power had to change to a more accepting one as well.

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 10:21AM

ThatdudefromVietNam
T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Jun 23, 2019

In a world where same-sex marriage has been legal there for years? I don't see why not. After all, for the law to change, the generation in power had to change to a more accepting one as well.

Well this is in Japan not in the West so...
Last thing I check same sex marriage in JP hasn't been legalized yet

last edited at Jul 31, 2021 10:26AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

ThatdudefromVietNam posted:

Can personally vouch for one Asian parent not really caring about it. Of course some Asian parents will be accepting or tolerant of it, they're just a minority (well, depending on the country, etc.). Don't think this story is realistic otherwise but eh, still had to say it.

joined Jan 6, 2017

There are plenty of Asian parents out there that are okay with it today. "Asian parents" aren't a hive mind

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

In this story it is.

To reply you must either login or sign up.