Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Almost there. Almost realizing it. I guess the next time might be a Shimamura-style day out with one girl while thinking of the other, to give the final push.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

"don't go" sh*t,i felt that......this is hurts....

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

I've felt this before... A confession happens then clothes shopping before a said date with another person. Where did I see this before?... feels like there will be another confession after this.

Ehhqrbrxcaa8wsy
joined Aug 24, 2020

We are at the end game I suppose, this last chapters are really good I can't wait to see more

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Nice mirroring.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Yeah. It'll either end poly like Luminious Blue or everyone will be alone and hurt.

Big EESH

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Honestly, Fuuka looked like she knows she already lost :P
I think things are going towards a reasonably happy ending... but in the meantime it seems everyone involved will be absolutely miserable.

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 3:07PM

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Fuuka picks a leaf off Asahi and smiles.
Asahi picks a sticker off Hinako and smiles.
They smile the same smile.
That's what your smile looks like, Asahi.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Hmmm, so there’s an emotionally stunted woman with black hair who doesn’t know how to relate to others because of a hyperfixation on her sister after an accident. She has a best friend who’s secretly been in love with the woman for years but was too afraid to confess, but suddenly feels compelled to state her feelings after she sees a new woman with pinkish orange hair (who has never fallen in love and thinks she can’t until she meets the black haired woman) getting closer to the mc, and makes the friend realize the black haired woman is changing with or without her…

Gosh where have I seen this plot before? Jk, in all seriousness I love the series but wow do the parallels keep piling on.

Wow, I never noticed that comparison until you mentioned it like that. It really is similar, though a lot more mature and focused on some of the difficulties of adult office life.

Yagakimi but adults

last edited at Jun 18, 2021 4:40PM

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

Rollercoaster of a chapter, I loved it so much. The next few chapters are setup to be really good and I hope they turn out that way!

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

the waiting is agony but not as much as that "don't go."

also is this still going to consistently release here despite the licensing warning?

Img_1857
joined Apr 4, 2021

Fuuka picks a leaf off Asahi and smiles.
Asahi picks a sticker off Hinako and smiles.
They smile the same smile.
That's what your smile looks like, Asahi.

Wow, didn't notice that... Good analysis

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Yep. Another good chapter. (~˘▾˘)~

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Good chapter. It was nice to see Satou not rejecting Fuuka immediately, because the trope of love antagonist coming but mc rejecting them only to reinforce their love for main love interest, is overused and boring.
Fuuka was a likeable character and I'd feel sorry for her if she was discarded from the story like that.
Also Hinako knows but pretends not to.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I've felt this before... A confession happens then clothes shopping before a said date with another person. Where did I see this before?... feels like there will be another confession after this.

useless princesses

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

"don't go" sh*t,i felt that......this is hurts....

Yeah. I physically felt that oof.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

useless princesses

This is so funny I don't know why.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hmmm, so there’s an emotionally stunted woman with black hair who doesn’t know how to relate to others because of a hyperfixation on her sister after an accident. She has a best friend who’s secretly been in love with the woman for years but was too afraid to confess, but suddenly feels compelled to state her feelings after she sees a new woman with pinkish orange hair (who has never fallen in love and thinks she can’t until she meets the black haired woman) getting closer to the mc, and makes the friend realize the black haired woman is changing with or without her…

Gosh where have I seen this plot before? Jk, in all seriousness I love the series but wow do the parallels keep piling on.

Wow, I never noticed that comparison until you mentioned it like that. It really is similar, though a lot more mature and focused on some of the difficulties of adult office life.

Yagakimi but adults

In the interest of factuality, I feel compelled to point out once again that in YagaKimi, Sayaka has known and been in love with Touko not “for years” but for precisely one year longer than Yuu has known her. I’ve seen Sayaka characterized as Touko’s “childhood friend” more times than I can count. But she is not.

(I am on record previously as stating that I think some parallels between this and YagaKimi are present, but they can be, as here, seriously overstated—it’s possible to paraphrase both stories so they’re almost nothing alike.)

joined Dec 28, 2016

Yeah. It'll either end poly like Luminious Blue or everyone will be alone and hurt.

Big EESH

Uhh what? It's pretty obvious that's NOT the direction this is headed in. There's only one paring of note in this story and one unrequited love. It'll end with Asahi and Hanako going out and Fuuka being rejected after Asahi discovers her true feelings.

last edited at Jun 24, 2021 11:42AM

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

F in the chat for Fuuka, who will inevitably become a stepping stone that exists solely for Asahi to get her shit together and figure out that she wants to be with Hinako.

joined Feb 18, 2015

"Why now?"

"What do you think the reason is?"

After spending the entire date thinking about Hinako...

"OHHHH... that's why... because she's worried that Hinako likes me that way too... Does she? Wait... Do I? I... I think I do..."

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

No matter which way the die falls, I am going to be depressed. I have a hole in my gut from all the "A loved B for years, but could not confess due to fear/anxiety and in the end gets left with nothing but misery because B was taken by someone else" oneshots, but I also want Hinako to get a W in life. It's a heartbreak either way and I just can't look forward to seeing the end like this.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

F in the chat for Fuuka, who will inevitably become a stepping stone that exists solely for Asahi to get her shit together and figure out that she wants to be with Hinako.

For some reason, I have a feeling that Fuuka will end up with Subaru.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Heh, same.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Heh, same.

"I am shocked, shocked, to find out there are complicated multipolar relationships going on in a romance manga!"
"Here's your sidecouple, sir."
"Oh, thank you."

To reply you must either login or sign up.