Forum › Posts by ffins07

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

So cute. I needed the boost. (^^. )

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I really enjoyed the story from start to finish. It really captured a sense of longing and feelings that society doesn't help put into words.

I'm also really glad that the author pretty overtly told us (by having the characters state aloud) that they were asexual. I came to that conclusion pretty quickly about Asahi--that is, I believed her self assessment; however, I wondered at a potential conflict with Hinako seemingly wanting more. In other stories I've read (but more often in media watched), it seems like non-hetero women are often desexualized (like the audience was supposed to assume they were okay being loners for all their lives, no disrespect to those whom are actually aromantic). I'm glad society is moving beyond the left-up-to-subtext. I can still enjoy that sort of undercurrent chemistry, but I'm super appreciative of the folks making bold strokes to show and validate more of the spectrum of queer experiences.

I haven't read most of the comments for this series, but I saw a few. I always appreciate the literature debates and the historical references folks pull. While some of the change and learning is uncomfortable, to me this forum/discussion is evidence of broadening horizons, individual by individual, story by story. :)

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Posting for the gentle art and storytelling, but feeling extra happy after seeing neurodivergence mentioned here. It's nice not only to see that in the MC, but also the warmth of the people around her. Haven't been this excited to happen upon a new manga/manhua in a while. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I also appreciated that the baker wore gloves, heh. 。◕‿◕。

last edited at Sep 5, 2022 2:04PM

ffins07
Citrus + discussion 21 May 19:28
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I have no clue who these characters are, ha-ha. ....hah. (._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.)

last edited at May 21, 2022 7:29PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Immediately subscribed I really dig this art style

Ditto.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I was just so bothered by the broken plate. Cleaning up that stuff is not fun.

Also, for the tooth chip thing, I agree that the mispronunciation seems kind of silly for the degree of the break; but that is in the change in consonants is in the source--not a translation exaggeration.

Looking forward to the next chapter (and more 汉语 reading practice).

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I also enjoyed this chapter. Well done. This story continues to be a winner. (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

last edited at Aug 29, 2021 10:00PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I like the content of the communication, but I'm not a fan of the "loud" style of the last few chapters. Looking forward to the next chapter. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Yep. Another good chapter. (~˘▾˘)~

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Whiplash. The Miki interruption turned out okay, very teenager-y, but Kurokawa suddenly snapping out of it, how it was portrayed... Sure, we can suddenly realize we blew something out of proportion or are over reacting, but the sudden shift from intensity level 10 to "blah, blah" normal speaking voice lost me a bit. The pacing feels off. Maybe this reads better back-to-back.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Izumi has a current relationship with Kurokawa and Nanaki, so I understand her sticking her nose into things (however tactless); but the Miki appearance seems kind of random. I do appreciate that someone overheard Kurokawa's yelling. I'm torn between wanting Kurokawa's dilemma to be solved quickly and wanting it to be resolved organically. But, with teens, who knows. Something random can lead to sudden transformation if she's open to the change. We shall see.

last edited at May 19, 2021 9:06PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I usually don't care for love triangles, but I found Fuuka saying something refreshing. Usually the third just holds it in and suffers silently. Second most common trope is they turn spiteful. This is nice.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

pretty... (^^ ) ....I like the art in this chapter.

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 10:08PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

No words... WTM...

Ha-ha...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Still enjoying this series. I wish there were more college and post-college-aged-protagonists series.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Laughs. Yes!

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Given that Risako just straight up admitted she lied about a bunch of stuff, I would not put much weight in what she says--but I'm not Kaoru. *rolls eyes*

This is an interesting difference between actual people in real life and characters as plot functions in fiction.

In real life, once someone is revealed to have been lying about something important like this, it’s rational to be distrustful of any such things they subsequently say.

But in this fiction, readers have known for a long time that Reiichi and Risako have been lying; we just haven’t known about exactly what until it was revealed in the latest chapters.

Once Kaoru confronts Reiichi (at long last), his demeanor doesn’t suggest that he is trying to minimize what he had done by claiming that there was no physical cheating. Similarly, Risako doesn’t appear to be trying to wriggle out of a tight spot—on the contrary, she seems to revel in revealing her previous manipulation of the situation, and so far from being distressed, she seems somewhat bemused by her own interest in Kaoru.

Basically, nothing would be accomplished for the story by the further revelation that the affair between Reiichi and Risako was physical rather than just emotional. Kaoru knows the truth about Reiichi’s feelings for her and about the shaky foundation of her marriage. What she does next is unlikely to be affected by finding out that Risako was a double liar rather than just a liar.

I don't feel Risaka felt she was in a "tight spot". Her behavior isn't surprising. I was never on the affair train, so don't care about a revelation on that point. I was curious about Risako's feelings generally and feelings toward Kaoru. Just because someone is low empathic (Alexithymic or something else) doesn't make them less human. They still have motives and intentions, however poorly they are able to express them or be understood by others.

What I was calling consistent is that we still only have a shallow view of Risako's motives; we only really know her through what she's said to Kaoru. And it seems less likely that'll change (now that my optimism has been squelched :D).

So what I wanted didn't happen, but this chapter was okay in terms of Kaoru continuing to move forward. I just felt she wasn't as strong here (communicating) as she had been in the previous two chapters.

Reiichi is not a unique character to me, so I don't really care much about his background and such being filled in... Nothing surprising in anyone's behavior to this point. If the story isn't distinct, I want the characters to be rich and interesting. Risako was the best bet for me, but ...oh well. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The drawing is still decent.

P.S. People do respond similarly to how Kaoru has responded--in many situations she's faced--in real life. We have the luxury of being the observers to her unfortunate situation, but we don't have the (not) luxury of observing ourselves as we struggle. Yeah, these are characters in fiction, but they aren't 100% exaggerations.

P.P.S. Not trying to convince anyone to like Risako. (Wouldn't necessarily want to hang out with her in real life, but I just found her the least boring of the characters. Kaoru could've been if I had more tolerance for people not owning their own emotional responses. She's too offputting and not developed enough for me to like as a character.) Everyone has differing opinions about everything. And I'm grateful for it.

last edited at Jul 31, 2020 8:37AM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@sofieru posted:

I don't care about the previous 33 chapters of torture. I am excited for the next chapter. As long as the author reveals Risako's inner thoughts or her side of the story, this manga is saved for me. A good chance it'll make it onto my like list, ha-ha.

Hurrah for direct communication! And Risako!! \O/

aaaaand I have to agree with every bit of my soul here!

:( ... ch35 didn't quite cut it for me. Risako remains a low-empath enigma. I felt like this was kind of cheap albeit consistent with how she's been written--shallowly--throughout the manga, but my optimism probably got the better of me (expectations too high).

Given that Risako just straight up admitted she lied about a bunch of stuff, I would not put much weight in what she says--but I'm not Kaoru. *rolls eyes*

I do hope the mangaka manages a decent ending. This chapter felt like a regression. Hopefully, in a couple chapters, I can say it would read better reading all the chapters back to back. x(.__. )x

I don't need a happy story nor for all the characters to be "flawed", but I'd at least like to have some full, interesting characters, and none have met the bar. :/

'til the next chapter...

last edited at Jul 30, 2020 11:13PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Creepy, but pretty. :|

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Adults. Cool. I'm in for this weird, switchy art style. (^.^ ;)

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I don't care about the previous 33 chapters of torture. I am excited for the next chapter. As long as the author reveals Risako's inner thoughts or her side of the story, this manga is saved for me. A good chance it'll make it onto my like list, ha-ha.

Hurrah for direct communication! And Risako!! \O/

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I really enjoyed another chapter in Shimamura's head, even if she was sleeping for most of it. The meta chapter...it felt like three stories woven into one without much signaling. My main takeaway from that is that this author really likes aliens for whatever reason. :?

Thanks for the updates!

ffins07
Citrus + discussion 22 Jun 23:09
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Not diggin' the stylistic changes. Not just Yuzu's hairstyle, but also the "intense eyes" on random characters (especially Harumin). I am not a fan of the heavier lines that distinguish Citrus+ from its predecessor, either. Oh well...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Wondering how I missed this. Cute, albeit short.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

~(˘▾˘~)