Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

shots fired.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Give me more Subaru. Love the way she's drawn.

TotemsInTheNight
joined Apr 9, 2021

Wow didn't think Sayaka would confess that early into the series.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

And she made her move.

joined Jul 1, 2020

Hinako might be on the asexual spectrum also its refreshing to see a love rival confess and not just suffer, I really love this manga

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

Oh shit :O

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

I hate this love triangle bullshit, either make it poly or don't make these dumb ass relationships

Images
joined Sep 20, 2016

yeah right cause the ones who falls in love first loses
Fuuka... im so sorry

joined Jun 7, 2019

Hinako might be on the asexual spectrum also its refreshing to see a love rival confess and not just suffer, I really love this manga

nah,i don't really think that the author got that in mind
maybe just a headcanon

joined Jun 7, 2019

nah,i don't really think that the author got that in mind
maybe just a headcanon

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I mean, it's still a possibility.
Will remain silent/undecided on the ace debate until I get more solid confirmation one way or another.

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

Solid chapter, really liked the sleepover scenes. Excited to see the response next chapter.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Subaru X Sayaka for life. Let the sexless idiots have each other.

joined Feb 21, 2019

meh, the tired trope of "old friend secretly always in love with an MC" who only confesses when it's so clear she'll never be accepted.

I mean, it's not necessarily a bad trope per say, but it's just so damn overused in yuri manga that it's just get over with this dumb point we all know will lead no where, and progress the main couple pls

last edited at Apr 28, 2021 9:59PM

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

poor Fuuka as much as I want to support her Hinako is a better choice even subaru is better than her.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

meh, the tired trope of "old friend secretly always in love with an MC" who only confesses when it's so clear she'll never be accepted.

I mean, it's not necessarily a bad trope per say, but it's just so damn overused in yuri manga that it's just get over with this dumb point we all know will lead no where, and progress the main couple pls

After catching up, I really think it's purely because she feels she's losing her and is scared of that. Until now, she was always able to visit Asahi and Subaru at will, but if Asahi moves to Hinako, the whole visiting thing will become more difficult and they might grow more distant - especially with how awkward the dynamic between them has been already.

It's a trope and kinda overused, I agree, but in this case I really like the timing of it, feels very natural to me - she's grasping at straws, feeling desperate and that she has nothing to lose.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I hate this love triangle bullshit, either make it poly or don't make these dumb ass relationships

I couldn't agree with you more.

joined Apr 8, 2013

Just started on this and it feels like Useless Adults should be a more fitting title.

joined Jul 26, 2016

There's this thing called "closure" that tends to be pretty emotionally and psychologically important to people you know. Fuuka's been hopelessly pining for Asahi since like high school and knows very well it's not going anywhere, why do you think she's basically handed things over to Hinako and more or less actively avoids getting in her way.

She's just finding it harder to watch from the sidelines than expected and seems to have gotten sick and tired of heartaching in silence, not in the least due to Asahi's war crime levels of obliviousness.

I doubt she expects anything to come out of that confession; she just wants to finally stop spinning her wheels around that fruitless crush and force some awareness onto her. "At least realize you're kind of hurting me here goddammit" kind of thing.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Yea, like this is the adult handling of the trope. She realizes their relationship is starting now and this is the only chance she has. She doesn't hold off. She says it bluntly.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Subaru X Sayaka for life. Let the sexless idiots have each other.

A favorable outcome.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

beeaggro posted:

Yea, like this is the adult handling of the trope. She realizes their relationship is starting now and this is the only chance she has. She doesn't hold off. She says it bluntly.

Yeah it was a "it's now or never!" moment...
To be honest, I thought she would give up after the "Thank you for being there" from Subaru.

Also I can't stress this enough, I want a spin off focused on Subaru! don't care what's the plot I just want more Subaru

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

If I were in Asahi's shoes I'd consider dating Fuuka seriously. Hinako seems unable to love someone so I don't know if they have a future together.

joined May 30, 2020

I have a feeling we'd be getting a Subaru x Fuuka instead, later on.

joined Oct 30, 2018

2 month wait again, torture

To reply you must either login or sign up.