Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I missed that adorable Scottish accent. /not sarcasm

joined May 24, 2019

^ I'm waiting for the day Nanami finds a mouse hole behind the oven and says: "Hoots mon, there's a moose loose aboot this hoose!"

joined Jan 24, 2021

I dinnae how to read dinnae.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I dinnae how to read dinnae.

Ye dinnae ken how tae read dinnae.

joined Apr 9, 2021

The accent choice is pretty awful. There's better ways to represent her dialect, idk why it's been a meme to default to scot in the last few years. Great story tho

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I didn't realize her boobs were noticeable big before hahaha, a bit unrealistic with the change (sure you might lose weight, but you won't look pretty ... Or wait, she's very young so maybe it's possible to not look half dead hahaha), but we get to see where her dedication comes from.

I recognized almost every cosplay!
Nozomi from love live
Super Nico
Morrigan from Dark stalkers
Hestia from long name anime
Shiranui Mai from KoF
Mami from Madoka mágica
And.... No idea about the last one honestly.

Nice to see a new chapter!!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Unexpected backstory, the gap between high school and her office worker self is pretty big huh, growing up is wild

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Unexpected backstory, the gap between high school and her office worker self is pretty big huh, growing up is wild

I think you're confusing Koyuki (rising star mangaka, belligerent non-consensual art teacher, tsundere princess) with Kazuki (roommate, OL, definitely 100% straight, mm hm).

joined Jan 3, 2020

why is she scottish????????????

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

why is she scottish????????????

I believe we already had that discussion here. Just read the whole thread first.

joined May 17, 2019

Seeing people not like the roommate makes me a bit iffy. I mean fair, she appears as a lazy lady snob rn, but I have hope her life-style will get better as she continues to work on her dream! I love her dedication in at least trying to put some meaning in her life even though she is aware she's reaching such a big goal. Those kind of people usually gives up quickly but this person keeps a smile and lightens the mood, it would sadden me to see her come to the point of breaking down, which she probably did already in the past. I don't think we even know her backstory regarding her family and past roommate or anything yet so when the time comes, hopefully it'll allow people to have a better look at her and understand her situation. I wanna give her a chance.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think there is a huge difference in appearance between malnutrition and getting in shape.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So the secret to weight loss is being depressed and obsessed with something while neglecting everything else
Good to know.

joined Dec 30, 2018

So the secret to weight loss is being depressed and obsessed with something while neglecting everything else
Good to know.

been depressed in lockdown for a while where is my weight loss?

joined Jan 3, 2020

Good to know.

I mean, I can personally vouch for this. Turns out if you eat nothing, you do lose weight (and not all of it is water, just most of it).

I wouldn't recommend it though.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Not eating and drinking enough is bad for your skin though at least - but eh, manga magic. Not sure how she got so round in the first place.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

all i can say is F and congrats

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Even disregarding the magic diet... what kind of parents would let you just not go to school :P really weird chapter overall

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

So not eating, having a bad lifestyle and being depressed = being in shape.
Manga you are drunk !

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

really weird chapter overall

My thoughts exactly. It's been so long that I have forgotten who this Koyuki even was. When was she previously introduced, anyway?

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

I wish I could have gotten good looks and lose weight from sitting around doing nothing, but no. Reality was not so kind to me I guess.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

b58 posted:

Even disregarding the magic diet... what kind of parents would let you just not go to school :P really weird chapter overall

Wait, of all the things we could have doubts about... being a hikkikomori in Japan is not one of them, even in America or Europe, someone who stops going to class is not really rare. Disease, bullying, depression etc could lead to a secluded life.

The school would pester you about it yeah, but I guess they omitted many of those details because we already know that she succeeded. So it is not an exemplary state of "follow your dreams!" but just to understand her character better.

Also is surprising that some people forgot about her, even if it's been a while, there are only 3 main characters here lol

last edited at Apr 14, 2021 9:38AM

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I gotta say some of the things in the chapter bug me. Like if she was bugging her friends too much about her manuscript, like the heck not tell her straight rather then letting it build up. 'Being nice' gets everyone hurt in the process. Also having a guy come up to you and start talking to you a bit does not mean he's in to you. I do start to see where the self inserting mind set comes though

joined Dec 15, 2018

Gotta say, with the previous chapter being so fun and surprisingly grounded -- right down to convining-sounding office jargon -- it's disappointing to see a chapter that shows a plus-sized young girl somehow magically obtain a model-like body on account of simple dietary neglect and depression. Besides being unrealistic, it seems downright irresponsible to suggest that all you need to do to become a kawaii ugu animu girl is to waste away in your room and starve yourself.

It's manga so what can you do (and if I'm being honest I'll likely keep reading). But still disappointing.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

So not eating, having a bad lifestyle and being depressed = being in shape.

Drawing manga. Don't forget drawing manga! That's the secret.
All that time you spend working out your drawing hand makes you healthy and fit.

To reply you must either login or sign up.