Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Sounds Hella ominous I hope it's not abusive parents or a guardian abusing her :c

Not letting your child outside and apparently trying to control them as adults as well definitely is abuse.

That "mom" angle looks made up to me. But we'll see.

I hope it's that instead of some controlling mom, that would be painful to see.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

If the mom thing is the truth I guess she's in an arranged marriage now.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Reminds me of Asuka's mom from Hibike. No hobbies, only test scores. Must be a real pain to deal with...

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

big oof

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Reminds me of Asuka's mom from Hibike. No hobbies, only test scores. Must be a real pain to deal with...

Interesting. There's a book called "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" by Amy Chua or short handedly known as "Tiger Mom" (with a TV show of the same name Tiger Mom based on it ). And it caused controversy basically a philosophical fight between laissez faire parenting and "demanding eastern" parenting.

Asuka Tanaka's tale is sad. I hope Shiho's lot is better.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, busted.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

I'd be very surprised if this took a Sex Trafficking approach.

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Aug 15, 2020

oh nooooo....damn I hope senpai is free now in uni ???

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

THAT CLIFFHANGER? NO. When I'm falling in love with Shiho myself?

Why was the "mom" at the front gate this time, I wonder. I know a few people before guessed that maybe she was meeting and hooking up with a teacher, so I much prefer a strict parent to that. Still not great though

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

THAT CLIFFHANGER? NO. When I'm falling in love with Shiho myself?

Why was the "mom" at the front gate this time, I wonder. I know a few people before guessed that maybe she was meeting and hooking up with a teacher, so I much prefer a strict parent to that. Still not great though

Nah I don't think the mom was hooking up with a teacher. What I think happened and is probably more likely is that she probably received a phone call about how she was missing practice from a concerned teacher who probably thought she was sick. Her mom probably put all the pieces together and realized she skipped out. I don't think she was getting abused, but a tiger mom is one of the scariest things in the world. It's tramatic

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Nah I don't think the mom was hooking up with a teacher. What I think happened and is probably more likely is that she probably received a phone call about how she was missing practice from a concerned teacher who probably thought she was sick. Her mom probably put all the pieces together and realized she skipped out. I don't think she was getting abused, but a tiger mom is one of the scariest things in the world. It's tramatic

Not the mother, people were thinking (myself included, but not with a teacher, cause why would a teacher sit outside of the school in their car) Shiho was meeting with an older man/teacher as Miwa mentioned a suspicious car always waiting outside of the school and commenting how Shiho looks like he has given up on humanity.

Though it turns out it's her mother that always waits outside to pick her up from school, not allowing any outside of school activities. Shiho mentions she's a "burnt-out failure" in the previous chapter, so I guess she failed to get into the prestigious school of her parents choice and is now forced to do nothing but study. Her being at the reunion shows she has some freedom now or has completely cut ties.

last edited at Sep 3, 2020 5:09PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Though it turns out it's her mother that always waits outside to pick her up from school, not allowing any outside of school activities. Shiho mentions she's a "burnt-out failure" in the previous chapter, so I guess she failed to get into the prestigious school of her parents choice and is now forced to do nothing but study. Her being at the reunion shows she has some freedom now or has completely cut ties.

Is that content from upcoming, so far untranslated chapters, or just speculation? If the former: spoiler much?

last edited at Sep 3, 2020 7:30PM

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

No, just me guessing from these last two chapters.

Kase%20(1)
joined Jul 6, 2020

Lovely chapter. Maybe it's just me but Shiho reminds me a little tiny bit of Saeko, even the way they're drawn and similar attitudes I guess? Except Shiho is a bit more introspective and not all short tempered.

I really hope this next chapter comes out ASAP, I'm so excited and invested.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

God I fucking hate tiger parents, when will people realize this shit will harm and stick with their children forever?

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

Does anyone know where to read this raw? I'm addicted.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Does anyone know where to read this raw? I'm addicted.

I actually just went down a terrible hole trying to find raws of the next chapter lol. The official website for the comic this series runs in only has the first three chapters and the last two chapters (44 and 45 at this point which are past volume 4). Apparently you can buy an electronic version of the volumes (our next English chapter, 26, is in volume 3) but since my IP isn't in Japan, it won't let me buy it lol.

So the short answer is, not for this point in the story as far as I can tell without using a VPN lol. Someone else might know though?

From what I could gather from the website where you could buy the raws electronically tho some stuff goes down. Idk how to use spoiler tags or else I'd say what happens ahaha sorry

Edit: Okay, not quite the same, but physicals can be purchased on Japanese Amazon! https://urasunday.com/title/603 I think that link should work. The comics cost less than the shipping lol but I bought Swap Swap this way and it was great

last edited at Sep 12, 2020 3:55AM

joined Sep 13, 2020

Hey so, I binged read this manga and found out it has a one shot.

I read the one shot...

Are they still gonna break up? I don't think I can handle heart break right now...

joined Sep 13, 2020

Hey so, I binged read this manga and found out it has a one shot.

I read the one shot...

Are they still gonna break up? I don't think I can handle heart break right now...

Okay so, I back read the thread. Seems like nobody knows for sure how this is gonna end... If they do break up, I hope the author brings them back together.

The thing is, this serialization is different from the one shot... I genuinely believe that both of these girls like (or something more maybe?) each other by this point, wherein the one shot, they both agree that it was a sexual relationship in the end.

I am so rooting for these girls to work out their problems though. I know, they're incompatible, but I still want them to work out and get over their issues. Especially Saeko, she needs to see a therapist, girl has baggage on her baggage. I want her to open up to Miwa but nooo she's so stubborn... I hope this senpai arc actually makes their relationship progress.

This new arc with the senpai is just making me a little nervous, and I checked the author's Twitter and got 2x more anxious.

This manga really hits different. It's way too realistic that it actually kind of hurts. I've learned a lot about myself while reading. One thing that stuck out to me is what Miwa's mother said. When is it okay to not tell your partner your part or your secrets? I agree that there some things that people are better off not knowing, but where do you actually draw the line?

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I'm probably the only who prefers Shiho to Saeko. Also probably the only one who would be 100% fine with the break up. Break ups happen. It's common in sapphic/lgbt spaces to even become good friends (or ocassional FWB) with your ex, as seen in two one-shots.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm probably the only who prefers Shiho to Saeko. Also probably the only one who would be 100% fine with the break up.

Nope, there's at least two of us.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I mean, what we have on Shiho right now is two flashback chapters showing that she grew up with a really strict family and probably has a lot of emotional baggage as a result. I'm not going to root for Miwa to be with Shiho any more than I would've rooted for her to be with Saeko back in the first chapter, though I think it's becoming clear who Miwa was/is more into.

I'm probably the only who prefers Shiho to Saeko. Also probably the only one who would be 100% fine with the break up.

Make that three.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Make that three.

And now it's four B-]

I wound up buying the raw volumes to see how much she'd be in the next chapters. She was the tipping point for me~

To reply you must either login or sign up.