Forum › Posts by TurboTime

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I will say that this chapter doesn't unambiguously take Tsuzuki's side. Kashiwai is really going through it right now and needs support, but Tsuzuki's dedication to her rules prevents her from offering that support.

To be fair, Kashiwai hasn't told Tsuzuki about what just happened with Jun. Tsuzuki might not have expected her to tell Jun so soon, or she might have thought she'd attempt to make things work with both Tsuzuki and Jun.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I've been wondering exactly why the boss tried to discourage Kashiwai from pursuing Tsuzuki. We already know that he gets off on jealousy; is he just afraid of her monopolizing Kashiwai entirely, or is there anything more to it? Maybe he just knows the two of them well enough to think they're genuinely incompatible. Still leaning towards the first option, but I question it for some reason.

EDIT: ^ You're probably right.

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 7:21PM

TurboTime
Matazoro. discussion 22 Aug 03:46
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

It's depressing how much I relate to Koto. It's good that her friends have her back.

TurboTime
Make a Mark discussion 20 Aug 10:44
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Murasakino never misses. I always love stories like this, where the relationship dynamic is flipped around. This specifically reminds me of another oneshot called Roundabout.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020
78221710_p6

This series is my favorite work of yuri I've ever come across, largely because it's the most grounded IMO. It's a shame that the scanlations here grinded to a halt, especially when the story was on the brink of a very important moment. I miss the long discussions about it. Still, the series has 6 volumes officially released in English so far, and is over 20 chapters ahead of the scans. 85 chapters have been released in Japan and it seems likely to reach at least 99 chapters (11 volumes). I hope more people give it a read.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I think the reason why this is progressing so fast is because the story will focus a lot more on Kashiwai and Tsuzuki's clashing ideals about love, particularly the number of people you can/should share it with.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Volume 6 (chapters 46-54) just came out in English. From reading that and keeping up with the raws (up to chapter 83 now), it seems like the relationship drama cools down quite a bit after chapter 50, though I have a feeling more is coming soon (in the raws, I mean). Awesome that a series like this is still going at this point.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Anri is from "the Satan clan"? Guess it shouldn't be too surprising with the name Sata Anri.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I love one-shots like this that have this buildup of simmering bitterness without really resolving it. It's something that happens fairly often in real life. The story stops just short of having Aiko actually deface Shino's painting, and having them confront the old woman. Because the emotions never quite reach their maximum pressure, there's no release. I'd like to read more from this author.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

That was a sweet chapter. I'm glad the Gardener is doing okay.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Well, I'm interested. Though, I have to say that Tsuzuki looks like she'll be a tiresome character. Awful people can make for pretty entertaining characters, but she appears to fall into the generic role of "carefree, promiscuous woman who likes to fuck with the protagonist." It's a tired trope and it rarely develops into anything more (and when it does, it seems forced). Still, given the author, I have hope that it will be executed well.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

So can we officially add the Yuri tag for this series? Seems pretty fitting now lol.

Really interesting chapter though, and kinda re-contextualizes the first chapter for me. She really had the hots for teacher, and sees some sort of resemblance to her in Kanon. Wonder how long we’re gonna let these emotions simmer

It had been a long time since I read the first chapter, but going back to it now, Saki was barely concealing her gayness from the start. Wouldn't be surprised if her mom suspected, lol. I'm glad to have a new non-subtext yuri series from Kuzushiro.

TurboTime
Pink Ribbon discussion 06 Dec 20:00
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

"I wike them too," lmao

TurboTime
Image Comments 30 Nov 12:23
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020
Fe-jq3famaao4wa-orig

"I quickly became homophobic"

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Potential ending I can see: Hina gives them away and tells everyone that she forced Ai into all of it, including the choking early in the series. Ai is able to go back to her original life with her old friends.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

As I've said, the series is at 70+ chapters and there has been no indication that it's ending anytime soon.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I stopped reading this at some point but came back to this chapter to see how it's going.
And I see no difference, plus there's up to 70 and there's still shit in the air.
I know humans are iffy but it is what it is. Probably pop by the discussion to see spoilers and shit lol.

If this is about what I said, I didn't mean to make it sound like the series is a never-ending shitstorm. The series shifts into a generally more 'wholesome' vibe around Chapter 50, from what I can tell.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Volume 4 (up to Chapter 36) came out in English on the 12th. Here are some spoilers if anyone feels impatient waiting for new chapters. I'm curious about the thoughts of other people who have read the volume as well.

You could say that this volume has a lot of mood whiplash, though you could also argue that it's a smart way of showing how the characters are constantly torn between wanting to smooth things over and needing to be honest with each other, as you can see in this last chapter.

Saeko tries to keep herself busy as a way to put off spending time with Miwa. When she's finally unable to avoid her, Miwa tries to get her to talk about what's wrong, leading Saeko to angrily point out that Miwa is also trying to hide her emotions and still has feelings for her old crush. The two of them finally talk to each other honestly (kind of?), with Miwa admitting that her feelings for Shiho might have come back when she saw her again, though she didn't act on them. Saeko says that she's not angry and they won't break up, since Miwa chose her over Shiho. They start having sex again, but Saeko can tell that Miwa is forcing herself to say "I love you" and clearly still has feelings for Shiho. While they're in bed, Saeko suddenly says that they should break up.

After work, Saeko basically spills her guts to Yuria (female coworker), saying that she didn't feel loved by her partner. Later, Saeko and Miwa meet up to formalize their breakup and go back to being ordinary friends. Miwa still feels guilty and depressed, but starts to acknowledge that she didn't feel a deep, romantic love for Saeko. To their friends' confusion, they return to being friends pretty easily, at least on the surface. Rika easily convinces Miwa to message Shiho. Yuria mentions to a coworker that she has a girlfriend now.

There was also a very brief flashforward which I thought was unnecessary and slightly detracted from the mood, though I already knew what would happen since I've been keeping up with the raws (which have reached 70 chapters by now, so there's plenty more drama to look forward to).

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I don't get wtf is the point of hiding the fact she was invited to a hotel and refused. Like. what? I really don't understand what she's so ashamed of here. She did good, said no to the girl and was faithful to her gf. I genuinely don't get what's going through her mind right now. Best guess she's feeling guilty about still having a thing for her highschool crush or something?

That, and she can tell on some level that Saeko easily gets jealous. She knows that it would bother Saeko regardless.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

How much chapters are out now?

65 in Japanese. The fourth English volume releases in October and that will go up to Chapter 36, so it will probably outpace this translation.

This chapter felt almost like a sitcom, it came across as slightly forced. It parallels what Saeko and Miwa are going through with each other, though.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Seems to me that Mami has BPD or something similar. What Taka said about seeing her as either a "goddess" or a liar sounds like textbook splitting.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Next arc gon' be good

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

When was this drawn/published? I hope tmfly does more original one-shots.

Also that cunnilingus panel was really similar to one from So, Do You Want to Go Out, Or?

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

These two always remind me of the song "Labrador" by Aimee Mann:

But I came back for more
And you laughed in my face and you rubbed it in
'Cause I'm a labrador
And I run when the gun drops the dove again

I feel like this series will either end with them still together and accepting their fucked up relationship, or one of them will be dead or imprisoned.

TurboTime
Lost discussion 12 Jul 01:35
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss