Forum › Posts by uncertain

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Legit good job with the typesetting of the last page.

last edited at Mar 10, 2024 4:21PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The first panel of page 150 made me go "nice drawing skills, almost like... what was it called... Tsurezure Biyori? whatever happened to that mangaka..."

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

So, as far as I can tell:
1. Back in the day, miss great-aunt was sweethearts with a girl she went to school with. They weren't coming out and saying it directly, but it seemed pretty romantic (and doomed, because of marriages and stuff).
2. Then she died (in a kind of silly way).
3. The other girl must at some point have also died
4. And been reincarnated as the current-time live girl who can see her,
5. And who has dreams about the past life, and still/again loves her
6. And who really wants her to stick around as a ghost so they can be kind of together instead of going to heaven, so she doesn't want her to remember the past stuff and get anything resolved.
7. I don't really understand what the ghost marriage part is about. Since none of the characters do either, I'm assuming that's OK and will be explained to some extent in due course.

Anyway, it's pretty cool. Interesting balance of sorrow with a bit of comedy and flippancy.

There's no enormous time skip. The two girls were classmates. One of them died, and her family persuaded the other's great-grandpa to ghost-marry her, which makes her literally her classmate's step-great-grandma.

It might be possible that there was no ghost marriage and it's all a lie by the MC who wants to thoroughly conceal the real reason the ghost can't move on (= the promise they made).

last edited at Feb 1, 2024 12:51PM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Yeeeeeaaaah, it's here! Thank you!

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

A recommendation to all wandering rōnin scanlators within hearing range: Kitan Hanamonogatari. I'm halfway through the Japanese translation (the original's a Taiwanese manhua) and... fame awaits whoever gets to it first.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I haven't read something as confusing as the first couple of pages in a while. The narration at the start makes it unclear whether the first page is a flashback. "If it is, is the confession between pages 2 and 3? If it isn't, is page 3 an unmarked flashback? Why does Fuu-chan shout she's going to kill Fuu-chan and then herself? What uncle?" And so on. Took me four or five reads to get it straight.

last edited at Jan 17, 2024 12:52PM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Where's the 100th day? D:

This was fun though, thanks!

Traditionally in stories like this the suitor dies after the 99th day.

last edited at Jan 15, 2024 10:12AM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I believe she is going for the direct approach

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Anyone have any with supportive friends or family? Gays being gay with people all like aww look so gay

It's not focused on yuri but Karakida-ke no koshogurashi has the makings based on early evidence (ten chapters out in scanlation so far).

edit: I might add it's doing an excellent job of wiping out my Ikoku Nikki withdrawal symptoms.

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 9:07AM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Those last couple of pages were terrific.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm spiritually Kayo x Satomi crew but in realpolitik terms I expect it all to end in a big crater where the company building used to be.

uncertain
Love Bullet discussion 06 Dec 11:49
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I was wondering what people found so funny about this, is because I skipped chapter 0...

You weren't the only one!

I hope cashier x Hina pops up again at some point.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Literal yurikamome.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Odd question, but does anyone know what that "couch" she bought at the end would actually be called? I kind-of want one.

Futon chair is the term I've seen. Eg, https://www.karupdesign.com/en/product/nido-natural-816701701090

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

All those old time films with accidental improbable cat-and-dog screwball romances like Capra's It Happened One Night or Hitchcock's The 39 Steps.

last edited at Aug 26, 2023 2:53PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I think I chipped a tooth smashing into the credits page

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That was quite desolate. But I suppose the punchline will be that time is no longer absolute and Shimeji returns after what she thinks was twenty minutes.

uncertain
Laundry Cat discussion 30 May 11:57
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

fun concept well implemented!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Ever noticed this manga is literally "I'm edgy: the series" or "I'm weird. I'm a weirdo. I don't fit in: the manga" ???

you mean, "but I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here: the manga"?

you mean, "Why so green and lonely? Heaven sent you to me: the manga"?

last edited at May 25, 2023 2:05PM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Gokigen yo! Would a Prestigious Academy tag be superfluous?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

a) last page so funny, b) author still exists!!!11!!

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I have such a cynical view of the manga industry that I'm continually surprised by how something this unpredictable and unclassifiable hasn't been axed.

last edited at May 2, 2023 1:11PM

uncertain
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 13:30
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Frankly I was hoping for a Shakespearean tragedy ending... but I guess this is fine if you think of the story as a horror comedy, all the dark backstories notwithstanding.

last edited at Apr 22, 2023 1:32PM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Not keen on this, first the guy earns zero sympathy for his sob story. "Huhuh, I have a strong sex drive, so I'm gonna cheat on my girlfriend and cause her to frequently go get drunk and vent in a pub. Because I cherish her, of course."

He's an idiot and insensitive. Worthless as a boyfriend and as a friend. What exactly was the takeaway of this chapter ?

I was laughing all the way through that.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018
D4

but that's... rowland s. howard?