Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Way back when he first hit Midori, he was kind of shocked at himself. In that moment, he had his one shining chance to back away from the precipice, to make amends, do something about her injuries, and make sure he never did such a thing again. Instead, like most who go so far, he doubled down and flung himself headfirst into abyss.

Edit: Sorry, I was confused about what filth you were referring to. I've never seen that one. (Which is a good thing I haven't?)

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 7:58AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Please do not attempt to defend that filth here.

Such hate, it's not the point here but Rising of the shield Hero is good.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Thank you for clarifying that you're also an apologist for thinly veiled misogynist/toxically masculine wish-fulfillment, Lilliwyt. I don't doubt you're looking forward to Redo of Healer as well.

I've never seen that one. (Which is a good thing I haven't?)

This will tell you all that you need to know. (Don't miss my comment at the bottom.)

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 9:21AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Bruh the credit...

Tumblr_b9119341864f4a413e9ee9aac568bb24_2bec616a_1280%20(1)
joined Apr 2, 2020

the gossip girl meme is sending me
“Run away with me girl” LMAOOO

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Thank you for clarifying that you're also an apologist for thinly veiled misogynist/toxically masculine wish-fulfillment, Lilliwyt. I don't doubt you're looking forward to Redo of Healer as well.

What are you even on right now ? I don't even know what the manga you talking about. I just like the Rising of the shield hero because it wasn't an Isekai where the protagonist had some cheated abilities from start, did have to grind and did offer more than a simple video game vibe. I mean yeah, Naofumi is kinda an asshole but that's not like he didn't have circumstances. Now here is not the place to discuss of that. We can discuss it elsewhere if you're willing to.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ooooo run away ladies! Shits amping up in run away with me girl and finally living up to the title! Ganbare Midori, become a couple capable of making your way to a new life

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Bruh the credit...

Bruh. Lmao

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 10:17AM

joined Apr 24, 2015

The conflict makes no sense since the two fiancés don't actually care about each other and only decided to get married to save face. She accidently got impregnated by a guy and he accidently impregnated a chick he only grip the goblin to in another story.

That's why this conflict on them being unfaithful and uncaring toward each other feels extremely forced. Why tell me how and why they don't care for each other and then proceed to treat every other interaction as if they do? They're only a couple in name so why should sorry or want something bad to happen to either of them if they cheat on each other?

The guy is a dick and that's where he needs to be put in check.

The flaw is so painfully obvious. If you wanted to drag the story out then don't make that revelation so early.

God, it's like a story that involves romance having one or both parties involved confess their feelings in, let's say, the first 9 chapters but from chapter 10 to 1 million the confession is treated like it never happened. Then why add the confession? Now I can't enjoy the story as much because i'll just keep asking why is the confession not being followed up on,

I'd be asking questions that I shouldn't be and that's the issue in this story.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The conflict makes no sense since the two fiancés don't actually care about each other and only decided to get married to save face. She accidently got impregnated by a guy and he accidently impregnated a chick he only grip the goblin to in another story.

That's why this conflict on them being unfaithful and uncaring toward each other feels extremely forced. Why tell me how and why they don't care for each other and then proceed to treat every other interaction as if they do? They're only a couple in name so why should sorry or want something bad to happen to either of them if they cheat on each other?

Because this isn’t a court of law judging correct behavior, or a “Which Character Do You Want to Be Friends With?” reality show, but a story, with Maki and Midori as the main couple.

Midori didn’t get married to “save face”—she got married because that’s what she thought her life trajectory was supposed to be according to the society she lives in. That’s why she left Maki in the first place, long before she met Tazune.

Tazune obviously doesn’t “care for” Midori in any recognizable sense of the word—he’s just abusive and controlling because of what he perceived as past humiliations.

That anybody reads this story as treating “each interaction” between Tazune and Midori as if “they care for each other” makes me despair of basic public literacy.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

There is an entire chapter dedicated to Midori explaining how she fell in love with Tazune. The series starts with her falling out of love with him, and once again falling in love with Maki. It's not an instant process because "leave your husband for your mistress" is not an easy decision to make, believe it or not.

It wasn't until the physical abuse started that Midori went full "fuck this guy" mode. Before that, she was desperately clinging to hope. As for Tazune, he's a possessive dickhead who doesn't care about Midori, but he cares about controlling her.

joined Mar 9, 2020

Hi :) I found a link to the raw chapters and it looks like Tazuna just fucked it.
https://manhua1033-104-250-150-12.cdndm5.com/50/49120/998321/7_1217.jpg?cid=998321&key=e68d89267dbd8933f6c4fc7a69bec94f&type=1
From Maki's gaze, his determination was enough to make Midori brave enough to end it and face it.
https://manhua1033-104-250-150-12.cdndm5.com/50/49120/998321/12_5576.jpg?cid=998321&key=e68d89267dbd8933f6c4fc7a69bec94f&type=1
followed by sex and in a surprising way
https://manhua1033-104-250-150-12.cdndm5.com/50/49120/998321/24_1556.jpg?cid=998321&key=e68d89267dbd8933f6c4fc7a69bec94f&type=1
top and Maki bottom
https://manhua1033-104-250-150-12.cdndm5.com/50/49120/998321/29_9435.jpg?cid=998321&key=e68d89267dbd8933f6c4fc7a69bec94f&type=1

Or a little sorry that Tazuna finally didn't get back the punch somehow hmmm

Although it is certainly satisfactory that Midori easily laughed at this loser

(Sorry for the spelling, I'm using a google translator)

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 1:25PM by OrangePekoe

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Also spoilers...

EDIT/ Thanks Peko!

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 1:32PM

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

literally before the meme credit page popped up i said "im scared" and then i burst out laughing. thanks. im dead

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Boy's about to catch these hands.

joined Jun 12, 2019

The meme at the end lmaoo
Man fuck doumyou or whatever her name is and fuck the husband I swear you better stay far away from them

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Doumyou doesn't deserve all the hate she gets. She may be a bit bitter and jealous, but it's not as if she knows what's going on or what kind of person Tazune really is. He, on the other hand... well, Tazune can trip and fall into a wood chipper.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Doumyou is a bit snakey, she did go confess to Tazune and openly wanted to exchange contacts after hearing straight from Midori that they were together like who does that? She doesn't really like Midori and now by showing the picture she made her intentions clear.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Snakey? More like incredibly brazen, she made her position and reasons completely clear. As for showing the picture, it's not like she's gone out of her way to show him the picture, she was being asked about Midori and showed a reason why she might have gone away longer than originally intended. Yes, she has ulterior motives behind it, but I hardly see it as a wrong move to show someone who she thinks is a perfectly nice guy, that his fiance is cheating on him.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

but I hardly see it as a wrong move to show someone who she thinks is a perfectly nice guy, that his fiance is cheating on him.

Seriously? First, she assumes (correctly) that Midori is cheating, but a public kiss between women is not proof.

More importantly, “Should I tell a friend I suspect their partner is cheating?” is a classic ethical dilemma, the various complications of which all start from the fact that it’s none of your business. (Seriously—Google the phrase and you’ll see it called “one of the greatest moral quandaries of our time.”)

The only reason Snake-chan thinks it is her business has nothing to do with doing right by a nice guy.

joined Jul 23, 2019

I'm very impressed by the way Maki took in stride Midori's revelations, and even more by the calm coolness she displayed when thinking about "punching Tazune, once, hard."

That said, I cannot but wonder: is she really certain that she can take him out with just one punch?

Shoot the fucker dead.

That would be the best choice, sure, if WifeBeater-san ambushes them and starts hitting Midori. I don't think Maki is fit enough to take on a big man with just her fists: I remember what happened before on the island, when Komari took them sightseeing.

Problem is, Japanese don't do guns. If Maki and Midori get into a fight with Tazune, they'll have to make do with whatever improvised weapon they find handy. (A baseball bat, hopefully.)

joined Mar 29, 2019

That girl's about ta' learn why men are built taller and stronger...to go through psychological episodes, I guess.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Remember, though, that Doumyou told Midori she was interested in Tazune before she knew they were dating, and the next thing she knew, Midori was pregnant and marrying him. I don't think we explicitly were told the timing of everything, but whatever the specifics are, Doumyou has two possible conclusions: Midori either went after Tazune after doumyou told her she was into him, or (what actually happened) they were already dating and Midori didn't say anything when she mentioned her interest. Either one of those is kinda shitty and might stick in Doumyou's craw

Her next role in the story was when she confessed her feelings. She says she wants to confess to get over her feelings, and that she'll give up after. She explicitly asked Midori's permission to do so, and she was like "eh, sure, why not haha"

Then she sees the kiss, and she -still- doesn't contact him about it, despite having his contact info, but then he comes into the workplace putting out feelers for where his fiancee is, asking questions he really should have the answers to, and honestly, from Doumyou's position, this has gotta be looking pretty bad. I think there's definitely some self-interest in her actions, but she also definitely has good reasons to think Midori is kind of a shitty person that's mistreating him. (although the reality is the other way around, but that's the thing about assholes like him.)

joined Mar 25, 2020

Yeah sure you are you trapezium-nosed bitch

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Cryssoberyl posted:

I've never seen that one. (Which is a good thing I haven't?)

This will tell you all that you need to know. (Don't miss my comment at the bottom.)

Rather off-topic at this point but thanks for linking this article. The concept of Rise of the Shield Hero had actually sounded interesting to me so I was planning on watching it at some point thinking it might not turn out to be total trash unlike the rest of the recent flood of isekai garbage. Turns out that it's just as bad as the rest though. Twelve Kingdoms was already on my to-watch list too though so nothing new added there, unfortunately.

To reply you must either login or sign up.