joined Jun 23, 2015

I just wanna give her a big ol hug.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

That credit page rocks.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

My heart can't take this series... it better have a happy ending for all these good girls who've done nothing wrong in their lives ever.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

My brain keeps making parallels between this and fall in love until you die. That one is much darker, where the girls are raised as soldiers and fight in a war they don't understand. But here the girls are trained to fight for survival and even have the choice of leaving to anywhere they want once they graduate. They don't even have to kill people. Idk why people are arguing against the vampires anyway. They're all good girls who have such lofty goals as "travel the world" and "not die." As the subject of the world's newest genocide, I can't help but sympathize with them. Hunters don't need to kill vampires, they choose to. And the vampires don't even seek retribution when their friends die because they know that humans are basically scared animals right now. I think Collette is the start of whatever will end up bridging the divide between their worlds, along with Luce. The current system is unsustainable. Humans are just angry and reactive and vampires are scared. Even if this story was human pov, I think the vampires would still be the sympathetic party because it wouldn't take an intelligent reader long to realize that committing genocide for any reason is not okay.

This story seems to hit many similar beats as until you die but with less drama and over less time. Like this story advances faster. Honestly it's a nice palette cleanser since until you die made me sob like a baby. I really like this story a lot and all the characters are very cute. This might be the closest thing I've seen to a yuri vampire slice of life. The art is also very pleasant, particularly the backgrounds. I don't understand the criticisms I've been seeing in the comments. Ya'll are weird.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

As the partner of a trans man in a t4t relationship, I approve of this manga.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Idk if this will ever come back, but it's seriously prime realstate for polyamory. Suzuki entered the narrative with a crush on haru. Then she became friends with Towa and started to support their relationship (even fantasizing about them kissing?). She developed feelings for Towa and clumsily revealed them in a panic to avoid Towa's misunderstanding.

Towa and Haru now have two chapters together and it's clear they're very fond of one another. Then getting two chapters indicates that the author treats them as a serious couple. In Suzuki's story, Haru is depicted very positively, not just as a character, but in her relationship with Towa which Suzuki also supports.

If this narrative finishes (if it ever will) without polyamory, it'll be unsatisfying. The pieces are there. We just need Haru to grow romantic feelings for Suzuki, have a nice group discussion, and bam. All the heavy lifting is already done.

And I speak about all this as someone who is currently dating 5 people. Polyamory for life!

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

This is incredibly cute, but can we talk about all that uncensored handholding? What if a child saw this? Imagine the mental scars it'll leave behind

This really needs an NSFW tag or something! It's really worrying! Hand-holding is too lewd!!

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
00_sloth-1610967836033449984-img1

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I read this elsewhere but came running when I recognized the artist. Can't wait for the actual translation. That machine stuff can get the point across but I'll happily reread when it drops here.

I think this story's pretty fantastic. Instant fave even though everyone sucks. Some of the imagery absolutely blows me away. Iwami really has a way with visual symbolism that leaves you speechless. My poly ass has dreams of a happy ending, but that's obviously not happening. Most we can hope for is that no one gets murdered.

HellAQA
color color discussion 02 Aug 09:48
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Transition. That feeling of being stuck. A hint of hope that leaves you delirious because there just might be a way to be happy. Idle, transitory moments that show you what could be, that you're not alone, that you're a rebel. I wouldn't have understood this if I read it ten years ago. But right now I get it.

HellAQA
Transgender discussion 02 Aug 08:18
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I really wish I could go to places other than fanfiction for solid trans representation. I read so many wonderful stories on this site and others and can't help but think "what if one of these stories had someone like me?" But I guess we still have a long way to go. With the world on fire and fascists taking over every major government, it's hard to see a way out of this that doesn't end with me dying in a hate crime for using pronouns my parents didn't use for me.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Another trans girl here. Definitely not crazy about this story. At some point I think I was just hate reading. The comments weren't much better. Reading the 2014-2015 comments did make me realize how far we've come in regards to trans education. I have zero sympathy for Botan, especially since she equated kashiwa's transition and fear of familial abandonment/violence to botan's wish to have affairs with married men and never have her family ask questions about her personal life. Like uh no sorry bitch, you have no ground to stand on. I don't give a flying fuck that she was saving pennies in a teddy bear. My response to, shockingly, like a third of the characters in this story is that there's no excuse for abuse. Ever.

Kashiwa left out of fear, botan and their father left out of hatred, plain and simple. She can fuck off. And the amount of transphobia in this manga was so triggering. Specific scenes and lines reminded me of things my parents have said, my suicidal ideation, the difficulties of transitioning, and similar experiences my partner has had. I cried like three times and one additional time from the comments.

This series is really rough. Definitely a product of its time and region. Despite those things, certain elements were simply unforgivable. Every piece like this was a stepping stone to more people being educated and other creators avoiding the same mistakes.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Is it bad that I prefer the side characters over himari and yori? I still love them, especially any scene with himari interacting with anyone, but I adore the side characters. Akki is my absolute favorite and shiho is a close second. The writing in this series is so interwoven and complex that every scene feels rewarding no matter who's in it.

Also I just finished AnoKiss for the first time and am in the mood for ensemble cast stories. Side pairings forever!

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
82205691_p0

This is the bad ending. Not joking. It's not explicit that they sleep together but c'mon.

HellAQA
Image Comments 13 Jul 15:37
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
E3qygsiwyaqkdvr-orig

Shinobu's relationship with Kyoko is a big reason why she's one of my favorite characters. She's also just a giant tsundere and that's irresistible.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Omg my heart was beating so fast at the end of this chapter. Tongtong is so cute and sweet. I just want them to be happy and gay together.

HellAQA
Image Comments 20 Jun 01:59
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
E4kpbypvoa8cevn-orig

^ wow that is an old pairing. SonAhri basically died when K/DA came out. You are a brave soul.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I like stories with lots of flawed, selfish characters. Makes for great drama. And it really feels like they're acting their age which is kinda refreshing.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

As much as I’m trying to I don’t really see any yuri between the two girls I tried but sensei is just way to emotionless for me to catch anything it really is just a sensei and fan relationship even with my biased yuri vision

She's certainly subtle, but I think her affection is evident. The rose situation is the most blatant. When fan told her that there's meaning to a number of flowers given, sensei immediately googled it a left fan with 9. What a Chad. There were other moments but I'd need to reread to remember them.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

you could say bakazaki has high intelligence and low wisdom (like 4 wis). She knows tomatoes are fruit but she would still put them in a fruit salad.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I'm really interested to see the turn. Will the boy be upset with his friend? Obviously, Sato's gonna be upset when she finds out why all of this is happening. Ntr tag when??

HellAQA
Image Comments 10 May 21:32
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
E0kyk3_xsaqdyek-orig

Finally, some good fucking food.

HellAQA
Image Comments 10 May 18:57
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
76626122_p0

No actual genitals are being shown and yet it's so lewd...

HellAQA
Image Comments 08 May 02:59
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Sleep

Edie only knows how to go hard. I don't think she knows a gentler way of doing this.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

These comments. I really like this story. Kinda insta faved. The prez isn't really a character. She's meant to be a plot device to draw the actual love interests together. The premise is "girl A is obsessed with girl C and through shenanigans, her sister girl B falls in love with her." Girl C (prez) is not important as a character. She doesn't need screentime. The point is for the other girls to fall in love in a unique premise. I don't know why everyone's hating this so much. I think it's cute.