Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

I think a shitstorm's a'comin.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Remember, though, that Doumyou told Midori she was interested in Tazune before she knew they were dating, and the next thing she knew, Midori was pregnant and marrying him. I don't think we explicitly were told the timing of everything, but whatever the specifics are, Doumyou has two possible conclusions: Midori either went after Tazune after doumyou told her she was into him, or (what actually happened) they were already dating and Midori didn't say anything when she mentioned her interest. Either one of those is kinda shitty and might stick in Doumyou's craw

Her next role in the story was when she confessed her feelings. She says she wants to confess to get over her feelings, and that she'll give up after. She explicitly asked Midori's permission to do so, and she was like "eh, sure, why not haha"

Then she sees the kiss, and she -still- doesn't contact him about it, despite having his contact info, but then he comes into the workplace putting out feelers for where his fiancee is, asking questions he really should have the answers to, and honestly, from Doumyou's position, this has gotta be looking pretty bad. I think there's definitely some self-interest in her actions, but she also definitely has good reasons to think Midori is kind of a shitty person that's mistreating him. (although the reality is the other way around, but that's the thing about assholes like him.)

This is another one of those "Igarashi in Hana ni Arashi" things, isn't it? lol

Y'all must be a hoot playing D&D: "Actually, if you look at it from the screaming hordes of orcs' point of view . . . "

(I kid, I kid, out of love. But JFC . . .)

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Just that told me that somebody didn't read the manga

She read the light novels, i.e. the actual original source content. It's you who clearly didn't read this article very carefully.

Naofumi buy Raphtalia in the first place cause he needed someone to help him fight and after Raphatalia's slave crest was remove, it's Rapthalia who insist to have the crest back, not Naofumi. He was against it.

To quote my best friend Zefiris' comment:
He will protect (and abuse) a child as long as it benefits him, and discard the child the moment the child dares to not do so.
And this is used as a defense. The fans think this defends him.

Realize that you're defending the sophistry of the author in marionetting his female puppet characters to do, say, and think whatever they need to in service of fulfilling the male fantasy. That's what you've chosen to make a stand for here, here of all places. I really think you need to reread that article again and think hard about what you're trying to excuse. Either way though,

Sorry will stop here

Then actually stop this time.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 9:04AM

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

The only reason Snake-chan thinks it is her business has nothing to do with doing right by a nice guy.

I did say she has ulterior motives, so it's not decision out of pure selflessness, I just don't think she is a horrible person that revealed the information purely for malicious reasons.

Then she sees the kiss, and she -still- doesn't contact him about it, despite having his contact info, but then he comes into the workplace putting out feelers for where his fiancee is, asking questions he really should have the answers to, and honestly, from Doumyou's position, this has gotta be looking pretty bad.

This is a much better way of putting it then I did.

Seriously—Google the phrase and you’ll see it called “one of the greatest moral quandaries of our time.”

As for the dilemma, I personally think I would like to be told, so I feel like I would do the same as well, having never been in either situation though, I can only imagine. The first thing Google-san told me was "In this situation, you may be better off stepping in and telling your friend the truth." Though of course there are hundreds of psychological articles about the implications.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As for the dilemma, I personally think I would like to be told, so I feel like I would do the same as well, having never been in either situation though, I can only imagine. The first thing Google-san told me was "In this situation, you may be better off stepping in and telling your friend the truth." Though of course there are hundreds of psychological articles about the implications.

Right, and note that for the even slightly in-depth articles, the first thing they ask about is, "How close are you to the people involved?" The more convincing stories in favor of stepping in are ones where the onlooker is very close longtime friends with the person being cheated on and who never quite liked the cheating one (but never made a big deal of the last part because otherwise it looks like they're just trying to sabotage the relationship).

And in a het context, cross-gender friendships are especially iffy (i.e., male friend informs female friend about the cheating; cheater claims the friend is trying to make a move.). (Obviously, the parallel exists with same-sex couples, it's just that all the examples I saw on a quick look were het.)

You're right that maybe Doumyou isn't being purely self-serving here, but she isn't checking off many of the "doing a tough thing for the right reasons" boxes either.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Then she sees the kiss, and she -still- doesn't contact him about it, despite having his contact info, but then he comes into the workplace putting out feelers for where his fiancee is, asking questions he really should have the answers to, and honestly, from Doumyou's position, this has gotta be looking pretty bad. I think there's definitely some self-interest in her actions, but she also definitely has good reasons to think Midori is kind of a shitty person that's mistreating him. (although the reality is the other way around, but that's the thing about assholes like him.)

This is another one of those "Igarashi in Hana ni Arashi" things, isn't it? lol

It came to mind for me too, yeah. ;p

Y'all must be a hoot playing D&D: "Actually, if you look at it from the screaming hordes of orcs' point of view . . . "

Oh c'mon, Tazune is clearly the screaming orcs. Fuck that guy. Doumyou is more like the idiot villagers who awaken the dragon because they wanted to have their harvest festival in spite of the warnings from the old crone on the hill. Not evil, just...foolish and misguided.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

but I hardly see it as a wrong move to show someone who she thinks is a perfectly nice guy, that his fiance is cheating on him.

Seriously? First, she assumes (correctly) that Midori is cheating, but a public kiss between women is not proof.

Personally, I like that she thinks Midori might be cheating. The vibe of the kiss was enough to make someone have an inkling. More than anything, I'm amused that it brought doubt immediately in the same way one would react if she were kissing a guy. I dunno. I just like that the possibility of a girl cheating with another girl is treated as a very real thing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh c'mon, Tazune is clearly the screaming orcs. Fuck that guy. Doumyou is more like the idiot villagers who awaken the dragon because they wanted to have their harvest festival in spite of the warnings from the old crone on the hill. Not evil, just...foolish and misguided.

I suspect this may be a very apt analogy . . .

Now I’m hoping we get the scene where Doumyou realizes, “Oh, shit, that really is a dragon, isn’t it?”

Personally, I like that she thinks Midori might be cheating. The vibe of the kiss was enough to make someone have an inkling. More than anything, I'm amused that it brought doubt immediately in the same way one would react if she were kissing a guy. I dunno. I just like that the possibility of a girl cheating with another girl is treated as a very real thing.

You're right about that from an ideological standpoint ("same-sex love is completely normal" implies "same-sex cheating is completely normal"), although that does negate the "It's fine if we hold hands in public because we're both girls" yuri trope (which wouldn't be needed anyway in our imagined utopia).

I am still going to need more convincing evidence to move me off the "Doumyou is a self-serving busybody" position, though.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 12:07PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hey now, barbarian marauders didn't run around a-maraudin' without a reason - even if that reason was merely that their society's SOP of getting troublesome teenagers off the village square was sending them off to misbehave elsewhere for a few years, as was apparently common in pre-Roman Spain for ex. (The ones that returned home alive and laden with pillage could duly be expected to be useful when the community needed warriors; Viking raiders are though to have operated on very similar logic.) And proper rampaging hordes only happened with full-on wars and migrations, both with their usual convoluted causes.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 5:10PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Haha.

You made me think of this (replace "Mongols" with "Orcs"):

joined Jul 26, 2016

muh turnips

With some modifications that could be a Monty Python sketch, lel. Historically the Mongols routinely ignored the fairly universal practice of "surrender on terms" and reneged on any promises of safe conduct they made. While the resulting nasty rep had its uses in intimidation it also meant enemy garrisons were wont to fight to the death, which in the end made their sieges needlessly long and costly affairs... That started biting them in the ass pretty hard in Europe.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 7:52PM

Suiren
joined Apr 1, 2020

I admittedly mostly use another popular manga site because I like being able to follow the stuff I read that's on there but not on here at the same time

oh my god the comments are something. I guess everyone there who reads this is reading it because they identify with tazune and are rooting for the uppity women to get put in their place

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 7:51PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Holy moly, what even happen in that Mangadex comment section ?

Suiren
joined Apr 1, 2020

male entitlement

male entitlement never changes

(I especially liked the person who was like "oh it figures you think I'm wrong because you're a lesbian")

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

muh turnips

With some modifications that could be a Monty Python sketch, lel. Historically the Mongols routinely ignored the fairly universal practice of "surrender on terms" and reneged on any promises of safe conduct they made. While the resulting nasty rep had its uses in intimidation it also meant enemy garrisons were wont to fight to the death, which in the end made their sieges needlessly long and costly affairs... That started biting them in the ass pretty hard in Europe.

When it comes to sieges, the Mongols had a policy of "surrender without a fight, or suffer a massacre after you're defeated". But even in massacres they weren't indiscriminate. They would spare people that could be of use of them, like merchants, artisans, religious figures, teachers, engineers, scientists, etc. On the other hand, the one group that they especially wanted to get rid of when conquering a city were ruling elites, of which the Mongols had no use, and who could rally rebellions against them. And Europe wasn't exactly unique in regard of fortresses (especially the Delhi Sultanate and evenmoreso the Mamluks had some damn good fortresses that helped them keep the Mongols at bay). And it's not like those fortresses in Europe were pretty useful in the first Mongol invasion of Europe. Poland, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria were devastated, and the Rus Principalities and Bulgaria were reduced to Mongol vassals.

last edited at Apr 21, 2020 3:30AM

joined Dec 5, 2019

that calm and placid face from Tezune gave me the creeps
snake-chan fucked up but she doesn't deserve to end up with Tezune, no one does no matter how shitty

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

that calm and placid face from Tezune gave me the creeps
snake-chan fucked up but she doesn't deserve to end up with Tezune, no one does no matter how shitty

Even I’m willing to sign on to that.

Tazune’s facial expressions have been one of the more interesting aspects of this story—he often looks bland or even friendly when he’s actually doing or saying something horrible.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Tazune’s facial expressions have been one of the more interesting aspects of this story—he often looks bland or even friendly when he’s actually doing or saying something horrible.

It's so realistic, right? Lots of mangaka love to have the face of a normally plain (or even cute) character turn horribly distorted and creepy the very second they reveal they are evil and are about to do bad things.

None of that crap here, thanks goodness. =^_^=

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

There's going to be a lot of blood soon...

joined Sep 13, 2018

To be fair, as a doumyou sympathesizer, I have saved two bandits who tried to mug the party from drowning after a fellow party member flung them into the river, then spent two health potions to make sure they weren't gonna die so you're not far from the money. I was the moral center of the group and spared many a would be enemy lives (I also ended plenty but that's besides the point).

I admittedly mostly use another popular manga site because I like being able to follow the stuff I read that's on there but not on here at the same time

oh my god the comments are something. I guess everyone there who reads this is reading it because they identify with tazune and are rooting for the uppity women to get put in their place

That is fucking terrifying

It kind of just shows how normalized doing this is for him and how deep his misogyny runs. Like, shit even while staring at the blood of his fiancee he didn't really give a fuck because he never really gave a fuck.

last edited at Apr 24, 2020 12:27AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Sounds like my PC, who was lawful good and cribbed from magical girls and other anime heroines for her personality. Talking to NPCs, keeping promises, opposing torture... as the only good PC in the party. (Not my fault, I declared character first.)

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

i’m getting impatient; i want “lesbian moms raising a kid together” endgame /now!/

joined Sep 13, 2018

Sounds like my PC, who was lawful good and cribbed from magical girls and other anime heroines for her personality. Talking to NPCs, keeping promises, opposing torture... as the only good PC in the party. (Not my fault, I declared character first.)

To be fair, while she was the nicest of the party, when I rolled poorly she'd dragon out and if it was a Real Poor Roll something would probably die. Perfect for some fun drama and self loathing!

i’m getting impatient; i want “lesbian moms raising a kid together” endgame /now!/

God we can only hope orz

last edited at Apr 26, 2020 7:56PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Well, shit

last edited at May 5, 2020 7:45PM

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

This story is absolutely fantastic. The characters have grown and changed so much (much more than in most romance manga). This author does an amazing job of giving you hope and then ripping it away from you in the most heartbreaking way possible. This has got to be one of my new all time favorites.

To reply you must either login or sign up.