Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

joined Apr 29, 2018

oh so i wasn't the only one who laughed. thank you i feel less alone now.

last edited at Feb 22, 2020 9:50AM

joined Jun 29, 2015

So I suspect the story is really about Midori growing up and owning her action? If that is the case I think it will be a good angsty ride to join. Deeply rooted for Midori to break out her daily routine, I don't make mistake like Midori but the manga convey enough nuances that everybody at one time can see themselves in her characters

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

i'm not even going to comment on Midori because that's long and tiring. she's got a WHOLE LOT of growing and healing to do. i just freaking wish for Tazune to die in a ditch. someone said to cut his dick but that isn't even enough. why must men like that exist.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Pregnancy is hard. I'd seen my own mother getting roller coaster of emotions when she was pregnant with my youngest sis. She felt let down and alone. She got tired easy. Got hungry easily. Morning sickness and all that.
I still want to punch and mandible claw the husband. You don't do that to your wife no matter what your circumstances are. And for fuck's sake really, disrespecting her in front of another woman.

Sweet surprise of the chapter: Midori wanting Maki more in her life, specifically, her married life. Her domestic life.
I'm blown away.

I hope the husband remains the monster in this series until the end. Like, please, don't "save" his character.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Honestly this is the kinda series im gonna stay the fuck away from until the comments tell me that its going in a good direction for both girls, do not feel like being miserable.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

i just freaking wish for Tazune to die in a ditch.

I share the anger. Though, I'm more of a fan of hard manual labor for life as punishment.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Tazune is an incel. My sides. Also Midori deserved all what happened to her. She is just too stupid.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Tazune is an incel.

Unless the term "incel" has just become a synonym for "asshole," I don't understand this description at all.

The definition is that the term comes from "involuntary celibate," self-described men who are "unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one," which is the opposite of the case here.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

This Tazune should die. Pregnancy is hard and yet he calls the baby inside Midori like some sort of a gross when his wife treats her pregnancy as magical. Someone kill him. Oh Midori why so stupid.

last edited at Feb 22, 2020 11:47AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wtf :)....

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

Battan is seriously a master - the pacing, framing, perspectives, and dialogue all flows so well. Every chapter just adds a new place to hurt and I want more damn it

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

This is something I already strongly felt last chapter, but I truly, deeply hate this manga. With a single exception in this chapter, every turn of the page disgusts, angers, and disappoints me. It is, without a doubt, one of the most unpleasant yuri works I have ever read.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

joined Mar 5, 2019

So this is the kind of life you get if you only live in fear...

joined Jun 12, 2015

Tazune is an incel.

Unless the term "incel" has just become a synonym for "asshole," I don't understand this description at all.

The definition is that the term comes from "involuntary celibate," self-described men who are "unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one," which is the opposite of the case here.

Yeah, about that. It will be clearer in the future chapters.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

So this is the kind of life you get if you only live in fear...

You are aware you just triggered my real-time word association again, are you?

joined Dec 18, 2018

This is something I already strongly felt last chapter, but I truly, deeply hate this manga. With a single exception in this chapter, every turn of the page disgusts, angers, and disappoints me. It is, without a doubt, one of the most unpleasant yuri works I have ever read.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

I've been trying to put how I feel about this manga into words, but I think you just did it for me.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I was all for hating Midori, but then she goes and admits she has a problem and that she's worked on overcoming that problem and just can't do it and now I just feel pity for her.

joined Dec 18, 2018

So I suspect the story is really about Midori growing up and owning her action? If that is the case I think it will be a good angsty ride to join. Deeply rooted for Midori to break out her daily routine, I don't make mistake like Midori but the manga convey enough nuances that everybody at one time can see themselves in her characters

I hope you're right. I would hate if the ending ended up boiling down to "Oh my fiance cheated on me, I guess I'll go with Maki then".

Hopefully some real character growth, from both sides actually. Currently Maki is too hung up on the past.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

You know, I can't help but think that self-help books aren't a replacement for a proper therapist. I do wonder how tough it would be to find a queer-friendly therapist in Japan, though.

last edited at Feb 22, 2020 1:28PM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

these poor idiots. this manga is like a car wreck you can't look away from. the art is so nice, and the characters are all very believable though.

anyone know how abortion is perceived in japan? is it even legal?

joined Jul 26, 2016

anyone know how abortion is perceived in japan? is it even legal?

This took me all of two minutes to find, though the summary is vague enough I couldn't tell you how the legal coin would fall in this scenario. Not that the mother seems terribly likely to be receptive to the idea anyway and that's explicitly no-no.

last edited at Feb 22, 2020 1:52PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Tazune is clearly reaching out to Doumyou with the intent to hook up. Apparently he feels entitled to do so because he's not getting enough nookie from his distressed pregnant wife.

Doumyou clearly is a selfish twat because not only did she ask her married and pregnant friend if she could come over to her gatdamn house to tell her gatdamn husband that she had feelings for him, she saw him treat his wife like dirt and STILL had the gall to spit mean at her at work.

Tazune and Doumyou DESERVE EACH OTHER, they go together like a dumpster and a nasty grease fire, and I hope that their cheating is what finally drives Midori to GET OUT.

And we all know it'll be to Maki.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

On the subject of abortion in Japan: it's actually quite easy, if you are an unmarried woman. Even more so if you are a college student or a high school girl. That's because the law allows doctors to practice abortion because of "economic reasons" -- in other words, if the mother doesn't have the money to raise a kid -- and the lack of a breadwinner husband is considered economic reason enough.

I remember, in shoujo/josei series I have read, many incidents of schoolgirls who get pregnant because of carelessness. Abortion is immediately assumed to be the solution, and the only real question is who will pay for it, as no hospital will do it for free! (This usually leads to a heated quarrel with the stupid bf who didn't use a condom and now doesn't want to fork over the cash for the procedure...)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

All of this toxic heteronormativity is really getting painful to read. I swear if the only reason Midori runs back to Maki is her d-bag husband cheats on her, I'm going quit this story.

joined Jan 22, 2015

Tazune is clearly reaching out to Doumyou with the intent to hook up. Apparently he feels entitled to do so because he's not getting enough nookie from his distressed pregnant wife.

Doumyou clearly is a selfish twat because not only did she ask her married and pregnant friend if she could come over to her gatdamn house to tell her gatdamn husband that she had feelings for him, she saw him treat his wife like dirt and STILL had the gall to spit mean at her at work.

Tazune and Doumyou DESERVE EACH OTHER, they go together like a dumpster and a nasty grease fire, and I hope that their cheating is what finally drives Midori to GET OUT.

And we all know it'll be to Maki.

So much this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.