Forum › Posts by shadesofgreymoon

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ugh. Gut punch. I lost someone because she went back to an ex that is super abusive. Yuck.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Sigh.

shadesofgreymoon
Semelparous discussion 26 Jun 23:21
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I don't know why i get this feeling, but this manga's direction make me feel like some unseen twist, or other McGuffin is coming that will somehow retroactively fix everything. Seems like too much is happening too quickly for this to cleanly resolve in a way that will be satisfying.

Gonna be something lame like the connection between Yorino and Youko is too strong to let Youko die cuz their unborn child needs the energy and makes that sort of connection or whatever, just wait and see, lol

shadesofgreymoon
Semelparous discussion 26 Jun 19:14
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I dunno about it being rushed with her going mental. I mean, she has been haunted by the death of her friend, and then being responsible for the death of other friends, and now the death of her lover, so yeah, I'd be pissed and a little unstable too if that all happened when I was like, what, like between 11 and 16ish?

And yes the balloon tiddies are ridiculous, I'd get behind the story a lot more if we didn't have those. -_-

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Waiting for people to be salty about mere allusions to their first kiss and obvious progression to their first time that doesn't actually progress to that point in the story but presumably does after a rousing round of ping pong. in 3, 2, 1....

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Very cute, but please, Iori, stop hitting Minami. ;_;

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I've read ahead to the finish of this one.... it's not a total tragedy. Turns out their souls are linked and so are indeed destined to find one another in each new lifetime (as miss vampire goes into rebirth mode soon after her wifey dies). and it's revealed that they do find a cure for the thing that kills the brides--we even sorta see the comatose bride being awakened, but don't really get to see how much she's aged--just before we see them reuniting in their next lives. so presumably they have a happy, if somehow delayed, ending.

shadesofgreymoon
Semelparous discussion 15 Jun 19:07
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh no don't you dare to kill the lesbians, NOT ON PRIDE MONTH Ò^Ó

The "Bury Your Gays" trope happens constantly and consistently, Pride month or no >_<

Don't even get me started on how "The World to Come" frikken disappointed the frick out of me just last week...

shadesofgreymoon
Semelparous discussion 15 Jun 13:08
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ugh, pregnancy possible, what a total nightmare lol. /shudder

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also those darn delinquents make me want to shave the side of my head again xD

I recently got a hella undercut, highly recommend lol

Also I'm sorry about the background drama but I'm glad the first chapter has been reuploaded, hope the rest can also find their way here somehow. I rather like this series despite my continuing protest over Iori frequently hitting a known-to-be-previously-severely-physically-abused Minami.

last edited at Jun 12, 2021 11:56PM

shadesofgreymoon
Gunjo discussion 19 Apr 19:19
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah having now watched the movie I'm not so keen. The acting was typical Japanese overacting but aside from that, it felt like they didn't do the main characters justice, nor did the girlfriend left behind play any real part like she did here (by dying and causing more of The Angst). Really what was the point of even mentioning her at all? Meh. Felt too much like another "gay girl convinces straight girl to try the gay" line of bs.

shadesofgreymoon
Image Comments 19 Apr 11:13
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016
78293005_p4

Well, normally a wedding ring is on the left hand...

It's a thing in the gay community to wear the wedding ring on the right hand, fyi

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

A classic tale, but what's with the yaoi hands?

Yaoi hands AND weird long arms, lol. (No I will not shush about the arms!)

Is this the beginning of yuri arms? At this rate we're just gonna have gargantuan gay people and I gotta say... I'm totally down for that.

I mean... I'm pretty gargantuan and hella gay... so yay for being progressive...?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

A classic tale, but what's with the yaoi hands?

Yaoi hands AND weird long arms, lol. (No I will not shush about the arms!)

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So... so what's wrong with their arms? Why do they have such weird long arms....

shadesofgreymoon
Gunjo discussion 29 Mar 07:01
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

"The film is based on Ching Nakamura's manga series Gunjō and is scheduled for a worldwide release by Netflix on April 15, 2021.
Ride or Die (2021 film)"

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

while we wait for volume 5 to come out in English.

It needs to be translated nowwwwwww..... I read all four volumes of the English translations in one day and I've been checking for the status of number five constantly~

last edited at Mar 28, 2021 5:01AM

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well I am also all about the suffering so it's well-suited lol

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I like politics so they recommend me every single Elon Musk tweet. I only use Twitter for manga nowadays, too. Please make it stop.

I only use(d) it to track PS5 & PS5 accessory restocks. Worked well too, since now my BFF has a PS5 that I was able to ship to her, and I've been plowing through The Last of Us and TLOU2 on my own PS5, with a well-charged controller that I got off my official PS5 controller charging station (which is equally hard to get). Damn I wish Ellie could just have some happiness. ~_~

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Mangadex will be down for at least 1 at 2 weeks and maybe even 3 in worst case scenario. More info can be found on their site.

Them and the other site I frequent are down. I'm irritated.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-lgbt-marriage-ruling/in-landmark-ruling-japan-court-says-not-allowing-same-sex-marriage-is-unconstitutional-idUSKBN2B909X

Thought that this would be a good place to post this. It's awesome news! Slowly but surely they're getting there!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I just snagged my PS5 two days ago and the FF7R is one of the first games I downloaded to play. Since I am old school and played the original way back in 2001, I think they were one of the first "couples" I secretly shipped (cuz I was wayyyyy in the closet back then. Kagome with Sango from Inuyasha was another ship. Yet "I'm not gay dammit" I said. Riiiight. ahem, anyways..). So not only am I thrilled to be playing such an upgrade to my all time favorite FF iteration, stuff like this makes my day too

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'M SO HAPPY FOR THEM. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LOVELY COUPLE!

I'm happy for them too. But I'm also bitter and lonely and part of me says "fuck them, why do THEY get to be happy?" lol.....

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Talk about a happy ending. Ritsuka's smile is adorable AF too.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So she moves in with the roommate just so that her boyfriend doesn’t stay over? Whelp whatever happened in ch 1 wasn’t a surprise then, just something that was eventually going to happen.

She even mentions how she's glad she hasn't broken up with him YET, heh. But yeah your relationship is doomed if you're doing anything within your power to prevent yourself from having to do the do with your partner. Kind of a big indicator you have The Big Gay if you super don't wanna do it with your het partner.