shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

"Rinna-San's arrow is massive and straight "

Only straight thing about her, lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The dreams are just that: dreams. I believe their role is merely to function as a tool of exposition so we can get a better look at what Shimamura is thinking and how her thinking is changing without requiring major plotlines.

The "alternate universe" stories, with Shima and Adachi being in kindergarten together, the two OL that meet in the subway, or the one about aliens, etc, are just there to show that Adachi and Shimamura are always destined to meet regardless of storyline/universe--just like Yashiro says. And while Yashiro flat out takes credit for this timeline's origin and outcome, it implies also that she's legit super-meta and due to being an alien she has the capability to see all those AU and know what's what.

The start of this latest chapter with them taking a trip overseas is a legit time skip to where they are both 27ish and living together. Kind of a neat way to lead into the school trip together arc, and I believe the trip overseas is to honor the promise to go overseas together one day that we've already seen quoted in the color art for this volume; which makes me assume it's something that will also happen at some point in this volume itself.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

How fast are you people going? Never expected we'd start getting volume 8 before August.

I mean, we can slow down if you want?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

/chortles in QC

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Hello! I have a question~ I only read the manga so it's not about spoilers but every time I see the frontpage with an update of the novel, it says "Chapter 01" again, why's that? is like there were multiple novels

It's because it's a new volume. The chapter numbers restart with each new volume. We are now currently on the first chapter of volume 8, which is the last volume published so far, which means once we finish this next few chapters of this volume, there will be no more releases until a new volume debuts. That's rumored to supposedly be happening this summer sometime but nothing solid so far.

Also, read the LN, not just the manga, ya turkey. ~_^ You get so much more detail about the characters and their thoughts and motivations and feelings.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well now, here’s a contentious issue. What is the proper plural of ‘jack-in-a-box’? ‘Jacks-in-boxes’?

I believe the proper plural is in fact "jacks-in--the-box", much like the proper plural, for example, for more than one mother-in-law is "mothers-in-law", but it's one of those words that isn't often used plurally so can look funky. Usually to avoid the funky I try to rephrase to use just the singular "Jack-in-the-box" but eh, whatever. lol

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I lurked for like 3 years before I created an account. I think I found this place because I saw a yuri posted on imgur and decided to search for more. Bear in mind I had been bullied out of partaking in general manga and anime for about 10 years by that point, and had fairly recently exited that toxic relationship..... aaaaand had also just recently come out of the closet, so being able to not only read manga, but LESBIAN manga was like winning the lottery for me. I don't remember why I finally decided to make an account but here we are.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

-- clears throat--

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So some people think it's fine to cripple someone as long as you're forgiven?https://www.britannica.com/science/Stockholm-syndrome

I believe that the implication is that fear of abandonment by those we love most can cause us to act brashly and in ways that are extremely hurtful to those same loved ones. And that while we can be forgiven our sins, they will never be forgotten, and often the burden of knowing that you've caused such pain in your moment of selfish fear can cause you more pain and deeper scars than those of the ones you've hurt.

At least that is my interpretation of it.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

No no, we all know its gonna be Yashiro smoochin' Shimamura and Adachi launching into literal orbit from the size of the explosion as her head melts down from it lol

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also, the conversation is fine as it is, but I'd be careful about getting any more personal with it. Take care.

Sorry ^^;; I get a little buttmad when that kind of thing is alluded to with regard to myself....

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

anxiety

concealed carry permit

:\

Ah, yes. I have anxiety about driving to new places, so that must mean that I wanna go shoot everyone, yeah? I've also got lifelong clinical depression, so I bet I'm gonna shoot myself as soon as I'm done with my massacre, too. Because I also TOTALLY need to conceal my firearm for that, because the fact that I live in a legal open-carry state and can basically walk around with a pistol on both hips isn't sneaky enough for anxious little old me. /rolls eyes

last edited at Jul 13, 2020 7:41PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

so long as they don't try anything with Uni's horn

OW. POINTY. OW OW OW NO OW.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I have some pretty horrible driving anxiety sometimes and it is particularly triggered by having to navigate a lot of one one way streets or, the worst, when I'm faced with street parking. And I'm having to try to really psych myself up right now because I have to go to the stupid City Hall downtown which is surrounded by one way streets and street parking, if I want my concealed carry permit. (Which I very much do, I don't trust people for shit anymore...) SIGH. First world problems.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I kinda envy how simple Arisa's brain is sometimes.

Arisa needs to chill with that brain of hers it’s very creative as well xD

Arisa has no chill, lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

"You thought it was a new AdaShima chapter...."

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

TFW you pet your neko so much she turns into the tachi.

shadesofgreymoon
Lily Marble discussion 09 Jul 01:29
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

F

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

What's a puff-puff?

It's Japanese onomatopoeia for the act of having boobs rubbed in your face/rubbing your face in boobs. It's also a Dragon Quest in-joke.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I can almost smell your story...OOF.

Same holy fuck

Old:

New:

Big difference. lol Now if only the off-gassing of the new stuff would end soon, I'd be pleased. Still, chemical-y new furniture smell is a lot better than ripened sweaty teenage boy.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So apparently Brazil's knockoff Mussolini and all-purpose dickwad Bolsonaro tested positive for teh coronas.

Not gonna pretend my Schadenfreude isn't stronk on the news. >:D

As much as I don't want the man martyred, I await with bated breath the announcement that Trumplestilskin has The Rona. Why fear martyrdom? Cuz it would make his brainless constituents even more rabid; but if he contracts it and DOESN'T die, then he will turn into an even greater powerhouse of ignorance. "See? It was never a big deal." And he WILL get it eventually, despite all the laughable overtesting done daily, because he treats it like a joke. 130,000 dead Americans, like a joke....

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also, this is just me, if I found a condom wrapper or wadded up panties in my sofa or if it reeked that badly, I would immediately throw it out and buy a new one. Or at least one that wasn't filthy.

Well like I said, it took me 3 years to be able to buy new stuff. I live on $1200 a month, that's to cover all rent, utilities, food, gas, and for me also, lots of doctor bills and prescriptions. I usually am down to pennies in my account by the time the new month rolls around with my next check. If it weren't for me being very very lucky enough to be in subsidized housing, that check wouldn't even cover rent in most places. So it's not like I was being cheap and choosing to live with stinky furniture out of an exaggerated sense of frugality or something.

It's not like I didn't clean it! It all got a good steam cleaning, I'm a very clean and tidy person. Just the odor never left, I think it was in the wood that made up the frame behind the cushions, cuz that's where the smell was worst.

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm living alone for the first time in my life... I only got my own apartment for the first time when I was 38 years old... and after having shared living quarters like that so much, I had no real furniture aside from my bed and my computer desk....

I've lived in this apartment now for almost 3 years, and for the entirety of this time, the couch and loveseat that I have in my living room.... have reeked. I ended up with them because I had a VERY short window, the day I moved in, to find furniture. I ended up going to see them after 9pm, having moved all day from 8am, and having to return the UHAUL truck that night.... I was exhausted and ready to be done. And so I was fooled, because I was exhausted and they were in the garage of the seller so I didn't smell anything... but once I got them home into my very small apartment...eegad. Like a combination of sweaty teenage boy BO and dog pee (though there was no pee, I triple checked for that.)

No joke I found 2 pairs of wadded up panties and about 4 condom wrappers inside the damned things when I cleaned them. So they were obviously well used, lol....

Well after 3 years of having them stink up my tiny apartment--no amount of cleaning got rid of the funk--and so thus 3 years of me being embarrassed to have guests in here, I'm finally getting brand new furniture tomorrow. It has literally taken me this long, due to my pittance of an income, to be able to buy anything new.

You see kids, when you grow up, boring shit like new furniture is what excites you......

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 7:33PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Is it weird that even with that great date the one thing I'm most excited about here is Adachi regretting not properly talking with her mom. Nice to see the progress in their relationship is not just one-sided either.

I think my favorite part was Shimamura admonishing Adachi for "cheating on her" with Nagafuji. Hopefully getting a taste of her own medicine will help her grow up a bit, since right now she's in "clingy child" mode and she really needs to get over that.

Also, Nagafuji recognized the boomerang. :D

Nagafuji not only recognized it, but before they even got to that point she immediately knew Adachi was talking about Shimamura, so it's pretty clear she knows what's going on lol