Forum › there are many ways to be gay discussion

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuel
Immediately thought of this one

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Dying single had me xD

That whole panel, with the bird-flipping meditation posture...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Lol and here's me just discovering that I'm apparently in-between as a "chapstick lesbian" only like six months ago, and now wondering if it's some sort of desert zone cuz I'm convinced that I too shall die alone while in a yoga pose with both middle fingers fully extended at life. lol

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm no lesbian, but I've always thought of lipstick lesbians as femme lesbians.

...then I googled it and "chapstick lesbians" is actually a different thing, halfway between butch and femme. And it was Ellen who popularized the term? TIL.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm no lesbian, but I've always thought of lipstick lesbians as femme lesbians.

...then I googled it and "chapstick lesbians" is actually a different thing, halfway between butch and femme. And it was Ellen who popularized the term? TIL.

IKR? It was such a smack in the head to learn that, Haha. I felt so seen.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Lilliwyt posted:

Althought i don't understand the point of bringing Femme X Femme in that since well that's two womens that look like womens (i'm sorry i don't know how to put it in another way)

(ex. "So which one of you is the man in the relationship?")

I never seen that one to be frank.

You probably have heard the similar but less frank brother called "So, who's wearing the pants in the relationship?"

In manga or in a television serie/movie ? Cause i sure didn't see that one either that much. Granted that almost of the Yuri I've read are about highschoolers

In my own real world experience I have never met anyone in what this manga would describe as a "butch x butch" relationship, but I have seen all the other possible combinations brought up in this and I would actually say most of them don't fit the "butch x femme" stereotypical model either. I don't really like the terms "butch" and "femme" to begin with since most of the LGBT women I've known really don't fit either of these stereotypes well.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 1:59AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Yess the return of butch 4 butch author. You go get your car mechanic/ramen bar cook!!!

joined Dec 28, 2016

As one of the "very majority" (straight, male, white), I always find it interesting how so many minorities shit on minorities even more minority than themselves. It's like "cycle of abuse", the ones who were discriminated against want to discriminate against someone.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 5:22AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Yes, we do need Butch x Butch pairings. The closest I've ever seen were among all female warrior/tribe like societies in fiction fantasy manga & anime. They are far and in between.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 6:38AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's like saying, "heterosexuality is the norm, and even if you aren't heterosexual your relationship must function exactly like a heterosexual one," which frankly pisses me off.

These days not even a het relationship works like this anyway. It's like some people have a need to basically overcompensate for their perceived "weirdness". "If I can't be into the 'normal' gender then at least I want an incredibly 'normal' relationship."

But I'd say much of this comes down to people trying to categorize things that don't really have categories. irl mostly people are just people. They don't get up in the morning and evaluate themselves on a butch-femme scale and then act accordingly ^^
Although some certainly do. Well. It's what it is.

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Kinda fucking hilarious that author is complaining about societal gender norms and then is participating in the same thing by only wanting to date a "butch" stereotype, yeah whatever

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 6:44AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kinda fucking hilarious that author is complaining about societal gender norms and then is participating in the same thing by only wanting to date a "butch" stereotype, yeah whatever

You like what you like. It's not like you would just date any random person either, we all have our individual tastes and that's hers.

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

"no butch no life" im in TEARS

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

Heteronormativity sometimes sucks.

Just sometimes??

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

This story and the discussion just brought to mind this one:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_girl_i_like_showed_up_to_school_in_pants#1

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

this is really pure reading it made me really happy

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

To be more specific, the author actually prefers andro women. She specifically mentions it when she translated her own work to English.

https://twitter.com/mierihiranishi/status/1226868735220363264?s=19

So yeah... Not that she prefers "butches", just short haired andro women.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 2:35PM

4a8ddad2-e863-4cd8-bf4c-320b6caa080d
joined Sep 19, 2018

that’s not a gender norm or any kind of norm, it’s called having an individual sense of attraction. You can’t help liking what you like and you cant force yourself to like something you don’t. why would she want to date a non - butch woman if she’s only attracted to butch women?

My%20melody%20heart
joined Jul 5, 2018

I feel for author cuz shes just being herself and finds it hard to date other masculine women. It's not easy to fit what other person wants. And I simply am not sure what I find attractive in other women. I love them and that's all there is to it, just as I am wlw.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I gotta say, I hardly see butch/butch couples here, then again we don't really have butch girls here..well we do I guess..I dunno, I prefer more "femme" girls but less femme than me but I dunno, the art is weird but I am happy she can express her true feelings! Tho watching butch x butch yuri is not so appealing now that I think about it hmmm ,yeah,not one bit. I wonder

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Butch is a role some lesbians are giving themselves.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The title is amazing. I love her.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 3:40PM

joined Feb 11, 2020

This manga is needed for this world, I'm an andro women who also loves other andro women and lesbians think that's so taboo! we definitely shouldn't outcast each other because society does that enough to us! I agree, loved this read!!!

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

This is funny and I love her but it's also totally true. The situation is largely the same in the US. Unfortunately the LGBT community still has so much work to do, and this whole "play-acting hetero stereotypes" bit is one of the things that makes me the most tired.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 7:22PM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I also want my grave full of yuri with prideful ojousamas ... I like them fit and romantic and prid- I LIKE KARIN KANZUKI OKAY? >_>

With this comment, you now have my support and vote to become president of the internet.

Ohohohohoho!

Seriously. Karin is my most favorite fictional character of all time.

To reply you must either login or sign up.