62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

https://youtu.be/8D2ih-L8XOs?si=qvDNmKXSM8bFyXm9

Also, the first episode of the anime has just finished airing

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

"I'm not a cabaret addict! I'm NOT!"

Just concede and give in to your inner demons again.

She is currently laying on her inner demon's lap. I am convinced that rin is an incarnation of Satan.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I finally decided to read this after seeing this https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01052571.html/?locale=en_US

Official R18 one-shot manga with ASMR voice acting companion!

It's so lewd... cute and lewd...

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Yo... aquarium date? Now that's when you know this is a yuri manga.

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Itou Hachi liked this story

Her and Yuzuki Ryouta, the mangaka of this: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/onee_san_wa_joshi_shougakusei_ni_kyoumi_ga_arimasu

(which also got a loli hostess bar chapter recently translated)

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
91986323_p0

Il Siracusano coming to Global soon™

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

And they lived the very comfy live,along with everyone else.

Now to find a new Texas-like wolf lass to read about.

Il Siracusano is coming eventually, the actual Texas is getting some new story development. Just got some Yostar-style dead days to wait through.

Mayjaplaya
Saki discussion 09 Apr 22:04
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I almost feel bad for saying this but after marathoning the Saki spinoff, Toki, over the last two days going back to the main series feels like an art downgrade. Mekimeki's not gone completely crazy with the boob-flation and their backgrounds are not as flat and stark either.

PREVIOUSLY ON MAHJONG BOOB

You've heard of Majin Buu, get ready for Mahjong Boob! Fitting because this manga moves about as slowly as Dragon Ball Z.

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 1:58AM

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm one of those weirdos who reads any and every translated foreword and afterword, so thanks to the translators.

I couldn't help but notice in the afterword the artist said they also did artwork for a doujin game of this same couple, and damn, I've been obsessed with it for the last 12 hours. Link for those interested: https://wiki.eragames.rip/index.php/EraSumireTeru

It is a bit dark (it's a slave raising simulator so), and there is (optional) futa just be warned, but yeah I've been going at it non-stop for 12 hours now and I'm almost at the Good End, I think.

EDIT: Damnit, I actually failed the event to get the good ending and now it's impossible to obtain and now we're both dead inside. I could savescum but still. On the absolute longshot someone here knows how to get the good ending (because the wiki is intentionally vague and I can't find a better english guide online), hit me up.

Does the game have an English Language option or is it Japanese only?

There's a fan translation that isn't 100% but has the whole main story and game mechanics translated. https://wiki.eragames.rip/zips/eraSumireTeru-master.zip

And dare I say this game is almost good enough to pass as a paid game and not a free one.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 4:17AM

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm one of those weirdos who reads any and every translated foreword and afterword, so thanks to the translators.

I couldn't help but notice in the afterword the artist said they also did artwork for a doujin game of this same couple, and damn, I've been obsessed with it for the last 12 hours. Link for those interested: https://wiki.eragames.rip/index.php/EraSumireTeru

It is a bit dark (it's a slave raising simulator so), and there is (optional) futa just be warned, but yeah I've been going at it non-stop for 12 hours now and I'm almost at the Good End, I think.

EDIT: Damnit, I actually failed the event to get the good ending and now it's impossible to obtain and now we're both dead inside. I could savescum but still. On the absolute longshot someone here knows how to get the good ending (because the wiki is intentionally vague and I can't find a better english guide online), hit me up.

EDIT 2: Okay, got the Good End. Now to continue the lovemaking and explore more of the game's options, because there are quite a few.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 12:45AM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Kaori is the March Hare (secret Kroos cosplay lmao).

Oh my god "KO KO DA YOOOOOO~~~~~" is ringing in my head again

But it fits.

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Those two sure are slow... :D

Always have been

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Na_tarapisu153-1619680879084965888-img1

Small correction but unless they're lying in their pixiv profile kataokasan's a girl.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 11 May 02:03
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
89455510_p1

THE RING

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 24 Apr 07:47
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
20977710_p0

Yui kinda looks like Kumiko lol

The KyoAni sameface infects even the fan artists.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 12 Apr 02:41
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Ivqvj4k

I think the "Ayamu" is just a translator mistake looking at the original Japanese source but it is a little amusing nonetheless.

Mayjaplaya
Yuyushiki discussion 12 Apr 02:25
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

It's canon now. Yuzuko and Yukari are neither M nor S, but rather Y.

last edited at Apr 12, 2021 2:25AM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

And I just wanted to reminisce about how Dynasty changed the tags to "Gal Pals", "Lots of Friendship/Moderate amounts of Friendship", etc. a year or two ago for April Fools'... but I missed this year's prank. Shame.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 31 Mar 01:19
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Exwmk7evgaevrcf-orig

"DUCK SEASON, AND I SAY FIRE!"

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Sorry, Taiyaki fans

That's right, we're onto your, uh, incestuous mother-daughter ways!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

See Seiran, that's why you don't go around raising death flags

That's what I thought too after seeing the big yuri kiss there. And I will also blame the translator for jinxing it!!

By Chapter 17.2 I had these wild tinfoil hat theories. Did Fran-sensei kill Mimi's mom? Is Shiina actually a bastard child of Mimi's mom? If not, did Shiina's parents at least know Mimi's?

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

10 million yen for a minivan!? Better be the Porsche of minivans for that price!

Car-nerd side note: It looks to be a Lexus LX570. The LX is not actually a minivan, so I chalk it up to be a simple error on the part of either Tamamusi or the translator.

However, Lexus does make a minivan with a similar, but slightly different ugly "Predator Maw" grille called the LM. It is only sold in Japan, China, and other select Asian markets, where minivans are legitimately serious business.

last edited at Mar 2, 2021 8:03PM

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 23 Feb 05:28
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Euyvo4oxaam2q6a-orig

NO PUBES!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

In essence, is it a double standard to complain that a work has "too many" lesbians?

I think this depends on context because there's a lot of situations that can be said in. If someone were a straight person complaining about "homosexuality being shoved in their faces" then yes that's definitely a double standard and also homophobic. If it's a queer person complaining about there being too many lesbians and not enough representation of other identities, het included, then that's a different situation. This situation takes into account that said queer person also complains about all het casts for a similar reason.

The issue of whether something is a double standard depends on the intent of the person committing that act. If they won't complain about an all het cast and only complain about all lesbian or LGBT casts, then that's a very clear example of a double standard.

I don't think someone having issues with having "too many lesbians" is inherently bad because there can be good discussion about it. If, for example, the setting is an all female world where everyone is gay, then it doesn't really feel like representation. The struggles of being gay include being a minority and a setting like that would eliminate any real world connections that can be made in that aspect. Going further, someone might also feel that it objectifies lesbians without thinking about their struggles.

I don't personally believe what I gave an example of in the previous paragraph, but it's a valid viewpoint that people could have. Something to note is that I'm assuming that the person who has issues with "too many lesbians" are queer themselves when I said they're not showing a double standard. I think it's a different story if the person complaining is straight since the non-homophobic reasons behind not liking a story to have too many lesbians all have to do with different views on queer representation. Straight people don't exactly get to have a say on whether representation is good or bad on an identity they have no part of.

As my closing statement, I'd also like to note that someone being queer doesn't make them exempt from having double standards. If they don't complain about all het casts or all gay men casts but only complain about all lesbian casts, then that's also a double standard. Basically if the only thing they have a problem with are lesbians and noone else, then they have double standards and probably need to address their lesbophobia.

Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking about this because for a while I've had fantasies in my head of writing original yuri fiction, and I'm constantly wrestling with the question of how many lesbians to put in it.

Another reason is that I fairly vividly remember having this discussion in the Bloom Into You thread. I expressed disappointment that Akari was not a lesbian as well and got hit with the "not everyone in the story should be a lesbian, that's unrealistic" reply.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I've been thinking about the old question "how many lesbians do you put into a yuri work?" For bitter yuri fans with PTSD, having any male be a major character can be seen as a threat of interference or derailment. But for others, a Cast Full of Lesbians where the entire cast, or even the entire world is female cheapens the value of being a lesbian, as there is no alternative choice. I read an interesting discussion point regarding the Cast Full of Lesbians trope from TVTropes, asking "Isn't it kind of weird how we consider shows with an all, mostly, or even just above average LGBT cast noteworthy and even unrealistic, but shows with literally nothing but heterosexual cisgender characters in a cast of thousands get a pat on the head without having to constantly justify their own existence?"

In essence, is it a double standard to complain that a work has "too many" lesbians?