Forum › The Girls' Arcadia discussion

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

@Nene thank you that helped me get a handle on what was going on quite well.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Please let there be another chapter with Satou and Miki again. Also, some with Kanako. I doubt it will happen though

Hey look at that! I'm happy that Kana realized that she was in love and hope the one she may have with Mao lasts

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Please let there be another chapter with Satou and Miki again. Also, some with Kanako. I doubt it will happen though

It's quite possible. After all, their stories haven't been conclusively wrapped up: Miki hasn't accepted Satou's love (she hasn't even noticed it yet iirc) and Kana x Mao is only a prospect that is suggested in the last page of Kana's chapter.

Hey look at that! I'm happy that Kana realized that she was in love and hope the one she may have with Mao lasts

Time will tell.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I wonder how much more there will be. This strikes me as one of those one volume manga

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Baby don't hurt me

Don't hurt me

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Huh this is... pretty unrelated from the earlier series. Like, a bit, but idk, it was all kind of disconnected, a bit closer to a series of oneshots or a collection than a single manga. With a few of the oneshots being sequels.

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

This was cute and all, but I keep forgetting who is who since all the couples are black-hair x light-hair and have similar faces.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I'm always a little bummed when a character like Ao-chan gets a day in the lime light to suffer. Like, exploring her regret is great and all, but she deserves love too~

Also, I like me a pragmatic gyaru who can get down to business lol

joined Feb 17, 2018

Aww I wanted to see how kotoko's friends would react.

joined Nov 7, 2017

Don't mess with a girl's authority kink "Class Rep".

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This series suffers from a serious case of same face and it makes it really hard to follow it as an anthology of couples.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Other than the one with Ao-chan, this chapter dump has made me love this series so much more. I like the messy girl one the best though, followed by the blackmail one, and lastly the afterward
Edit: I also just noticed the Cotton Candy image at the end, which is one of my favorite re-reads. Thank u for that

last edited at Jan 2, 2020 7:00AM

joined Feb 24, 2019

Even more Girls' Arcadia!? Awesome! I loved the new installments. Follow-up with the main couple - great! Catching up with the former best friend - also great (not too angsty for my liking)! New, adult life couple - so good (although class rep might've benefitted from the glasses when not working)! And lastly, the (too) rare and elusive gyaru yuri, something we definitely need more of - excellent (though too short). Overall, if this is it, it was a great ride and I hope the author revisits at least the side couples at some point down the road.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

@Beefaroni and @Kinnikufan, I couldn't agree more.

This book has made me a giant fan of Yatosaki Haru. I knew her only for her short doujins, I had no idea she could do SO WELL with a longer story! I'm really impressed.

I hope we'll get more Mao and Kana and Satou and Miki in future books. Those girls need their happy endings...

joined Apr 6, 2019

I kind of doubt it. The point of those two stories was that there was one character (one in each) who needed to realize they were in love. To be precise, Satou and Kana. At the end of the stories, Satou realizes she's in love with Miki and Kana realizes (really bittersweet, this one) that she had always loved Yoriko but, by realizing it too late, has screwed up any real chances she could have had with her. But, hey, there's always Mao... perhaps now Kana will be able to have a real romance with her?
Imho the author considers the main point of both tales solved, and it's unlikely that she will return to them.. (except if fans demand it really loudly, in which case, maybe?)

joined Feb 24, 2019

Cute! Nice little epilogue to let everyone know these two will be just fine.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I liked it but I agree with the same face critiques

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

It's hard to get angry at someone for stealing your clothes when they look so hot in them, yup yup.

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

the kotokoxtsutsuji is so cute~~~

joined Dec 14, 2019

a-angst (´・_・`) I thought there was going to be no angst (;_;)

joined Dec 14, 2019

no one warned me ab the angst on ch. 7 (´-`) I’m gna cry fr

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

A cute little detail I just noticed on a reread is that the first few times we see Tsutsuji smoking in Kotoko's apartment, she's smoking a cigarette out on the balcony. By the time we get to the afterword, she's moved on to a vape, without the story ever drawing any attention to that fact. She may be messy and a little clueless at reading others' emotions, but she's still paying attention. This collection reminds me of Haru Akyama's stuff (Octave, Me and Sakuma) in a good way.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Was... was that the fricking Leon: The Professional reference?!

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Wait, so Ami-chan's Diary is set in the same universe as this?

joined Sep 20, 2021

Wait, so Ami-chan's Diary is set in the same universe as this?

I think so, since Kotoko knows a character from Ami-Chan’s Diary. But maybe The Girls Arcadia takes place in a later timeline since all the character’s shown (and maybe have yet to appear like Aoi) are in high school and Kotoko is already in college. Or maybe this Aoi character is just older than the main character’s in Ami-Chan’s Diary… Either way it’s interesting and shared universes are always a plus.

To reply you must either login or sign up.