Forum › The Girls' Arcadia discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kotoko will turn yandere at this rate.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Suspicious foreshadowing aside, I think it's really cute and sweet that Tsutsuji bought her a flower

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Suspicious foreshadowing aside, I think it's really cute and sweet that Tsutsuji bought her a flower

You sure she “bought” the flower and not some random guy giving her flowers and her just passing it to MC?

joined Oct 10, 2016

Okay HOW ON EARTH DID I MISS SUCH INNOCENT MANGA?!?! *breathe in* okay, okay, sorry. But I really don't understand how I missed it. It's so cute, delicate, just wahh~

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The English translation is better than the Spanish translation, I think. Some lines were missing in the Spanish one -- and also, for some reason, the Spanish translator seemed to have the idea that the images of lesbian sex in Kotoko's mind were fantasies rather than flashbacks.

Anyway, I agree with Loralei's comment above. ^ Cute, innocent, delicate... those are the right words to describe Arcadia. People who imagine something toxic is going on simply haven't read well the mood of the story.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I think they have the big gay.

and also, for some reason, the Spanish translator seemed to have the idea that the images of lesbian sex in Kotoko's mind were fantasies rather than flashbacks.

I'm wondering about that. That was my first idea reading it, but at the same time, I could actually see it being real. It's kind of a peculiar decision to only show that the way it was presented, but it does give it a kind of ethereal vibe, that's lovely. Perhaps we'll know better next chapter.

Speaking of that - does anyone know if we have some chapters released but yet untranslated in English? It's been a while since the first chapter came out.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Cintaï posted:

Speaking of that - does anyone know if we have some chapters released but yet untranslated in English? It's been a while since the first chapter came out.

Next one is last. They release new one-shot or series every volume, so there's more of their work to translated if anyone picks it up.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I really hope this is not only one of those stories where the bisexual girl manipulates the other one and they don't get together at the end.
WE ARE TIRED OF THIS ALREADY, LET BISEXUALS LOVE!

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 11:28PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I like that the MC is aware of her situation, and I also like that they're apparently having some fun almost every night. Makes the story feel a bit more fresh.

IDK. i've kinda been reading the "fun" as Kida Tsutsuji using money and sex to reimburse the MC for letting her stay in the room. i know we need a few more chapters to see if this turns into a budding romance or not, but right now, everything (to me) has this transactional feel about it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF Tsutsuji is being a very considerate sub-tenant.

Wesaweverything
joined Jul 21, 2016

To me this whole manga has a very etherial feel about it, I don't think it would be all that maddening if they didn't stay together in the end. On the other hand, as others have said before, it also has this cutesy and peaceful atmosphere so I think a happy end is more likely.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Tsutsuji rubbing everyone (except Kotoko apparently hehe) the wrong way. I dunno, getting some bad vibes from her.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I was on the side that the story was giving indication that it could possibly go sour, but looking at it's baka-updates page (only one volumen, the lack of tragic-like tags, the title being "futari arcadia") yeah this is just floof

last edited at Sep 15, 2019 5:11AM

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

ah i love kotoko, i don't want her to be sad after this
hope there's no drama ;-;

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

prob gunna need thatdrama tag soon. i kinda like it tho.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Welcome to Yuri land, where evidently doomed relationships (by all conventional wisdom) can still live forever in harmony and peace

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

hope there's no drama ;-;

NO AND NO

872f6125-d376-4c56-b454-2ea11e45ebc7
joined Jul 7, 2017

Lkxkdekesksxk will there be romance? I don’t see the tag :(
I hope they’re together at the end

last edited at Sep 18, 2019 12:51AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

You sure she “bought” the flower and not some random guy giving her flowers and her just passing it to MC?

You are missing the forest for the tree. She gave her a flower because she noticed the gal liked them.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Side note: I want the friends to hook up.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Welcome to Yuri land, where evidently doomed relationships (by all conventional wisdom) can still live forever in harmony and peace

Unlike straight romance, where everything is totally healthy and consensual no matter what

Is that really the end wtf

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

So sad that so short, but ended very sweet

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I had higher hopes for this series but I've seen worse endings so can't complain, at least there was a confession and they got together.

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Wat.

That felt like a perfectly good chapter aside from the last 4 pages suddenly wrapping everything. I think this could've gone for at least a couple more to pace itself better, if not more.

Not faceplanting into a dumb ending is a win at the end of the day though, I suppose.

To reply you must either login or sign up.