Forum › Posts by StarChaser

joined Sep 20, 2021

Koga-san is such an effortless chad, and she doesn’t even know.

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

Anyone got a good theory on why she suddenly retreated after retrieving the cake? Basically, what is the "what a shame" x 3 about?

I think she experienced a little gay panic there. She didn’t feel a certain way when she brushed the dark haired girl’s (can’t remember her name right now) back but her mood shifted when it was done to her. You can tell in her eyes during those 3 panels. I think she actually felt a little nervous which would be atypical from her usual gregarious nature that’s been shown. She definitely has a crush since she said she already missed her after leaving the girl even though she didn’t know her.

I think the “what a shame” part represented how she wants to get to know the dark haired girl but she’s leaving in 2 months. There’s not enough time so it’s “a shame”. That’s my interpretation at least.

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

Mangaplanet finally added the last volume

Has every Vol. 11 Chapters? (10 + 1 Extra)

Manga planet has every volume plus the extra chapters with each. I read the whole thing on there so I can confirm the story is complete. You still need a subscription to read it all but you can always cancel after finishing the story.

joined Sep 20, 2021

Don’t give up on your love Eli, Yakko might just feel the same way about you.

“I asked my mom and she just tossed me a towel and said good luck”
LOL Mom is a savage

last edited at May 18, 2022 7:23PM

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

I do believe the intent was to show an Aromantic Asexual falling in love.

Aromantic

falling in love

That doesn’t make sense.
She’s just Ace, not Aro. She might be Homoromantic, but she probably isn’t Aromantic.

Sorry, I was thinking about another person’s comment while writing my own and everything got jumbled. I meant to say the mangaka was showing an asexual falling in love. :p
I’ll edit my original comment.

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

it's not really clear, i think. she may have loved her romantically or 'only' as a best friend. there doesn't even have to be a hard distinction there, especially for a teenager who might not know their own feelings completely.

The mangaka says in the afterword “The story begins with Kanon falling in love but she has her own ideas for what that means, while Arisa has slightly different ones. Is the latter the only form those special feelings can take? Of course not, which is why I attempted to express the former through this very scene.”

Since the phrase “falling in love” is often only used in a romantic sense when talking about people I think it’s safe to say Kanon had romantic feelings for Arisa but not sexual desire. From the mangaka’s statement I do believe the intent was to show an Asexual falling in love.

last edited at Apr 30, 2022 12:20PM

joined Sep 20, 2021

This seems pretty promising. I like Tenma. The premise and characters also remind me of this oneshot as well:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_found_a_neet_girl#2

last edited at Apr 29, 2022 10:20PM

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

Ms. Zhang always searches for Dai Yi no matter the time or place. She even changed her schedule just to spend time with her and have her help with the veil. It’s clear she has a thing for her but at this point I think she’s not even consciously aware of it.

Also, it’s interesting that this marriage is a betrothal (if the title is true) but her parents have nothing to do with her or her life. Most of the time betrothals are set up by the parent’s. Perhaps this marriage benefits the mysterious fiancé more? Maybe Ms. Zhang is doing it for him?

A double beard situation?

Oooh that would be interesting. I hadn’t thought about it from that point of view. I can’t wait to see what’s really going on behind this betrothal.

last edited at Mar 27, 2022 4:25PM

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

Ms. Zhang always searches for Dai Yi no matter the time or place. She even changed her schedule just to spend time with her and have her help with the veil. It’s clear she has a thing for her but at this point I think she’s not even consciously aware of it.

Also, it’s interesting that this marriage is a betrothal (if the title is true) but her parents have nothing to do with her or her life. Most of the time betrothals are set up by the parent’s. Perhaps this marriage benefits the mysterious fiancé more? Maybe Ms. Zhang is doing it for him?

joined Sep 20, 2021

Super cute! Reminds me of one of my faves:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bully_bullied

joined Sep 20, 2021

Doing the same things who was?

She’s referencing the Hyena maid that was Momo’s first love. She played with Momo’s heart and then left when Momo got serious about her. Aki want’s to take what’s going on between them slowly and seriously before entertaining a possibility (or lack there of maybe) of a relationship to prevent breaking Momo’s heart like the Hyena maid did.

StarChaser
Image Comments 11 Dec 00:25
joined Sep 20, 2021
Tumblr_nn0kyn00d51u3dhzao1_1280

^^^The relationship between Merrill and Isabela was more akin to an older sister, younger sister type of relationship. There wasn’t really anything romantic there. You could have a threesome with Zevran (from Dragon Age Origins) and Isabela if you made the right choices though.

last edited at Dec 11, 2021 12:25AM

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

I don’t know why but I feel like Ami might end up with Ran when all is said and done. I feel like they will end up getting very close while confiding in one another about their experiences with their crushes. I’m excited to see how it all pans out.

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

Wait, so Ami-chan's Diary is set in the same universe as this?

I think so, since Kotoko knows a character from Ami-Chan’s Diary. But maybe The Girls Arcadia takes place in a later timeline since all the character’s shown (and maybe have yet to appear like Aoi) are in high school and Kotoko is already in college. Or maybe this Aoi character is just older than the main character’s in Ami-Chan’s Diary… Either way it’s interesting and shared universes are always a plus.

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

The main story I love you so much, I hate you is available on Amazon (in digital and physical form) for anyone interested in the events prior to this sequel. It’s really good and definitely recommended.

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

It seems to be moving fast in how close they got. Its like weeks or a month passess between each chapter rather than a few days? Thats what it feels like to me- like im missing half their story of how they became close.

If it is skipping multiple weeks I wish it would tell you so i had a better sense of time passing.

I did some backtracking and found that it’s been over a month based on the first sentence on this page:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/green_plum_blossom_tea_ch06#2

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 1:05PM

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

I’m pretty sure Zhang is actually gay but might be going along with marriage because of family/society. Dai Yi’s gaydar is definitely not broken. It’s also nice to see the main character be out of the closet from the start. It’s been been bumpy for her but maybe she can help Zhang feel more comfortable about herself later. I guess I’ll have to wait and see how it plays out. waits patiently

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

So cute! nyaaa

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

The beginning was an entertaining introduction but that stare by Miss Zhang on the last page did it for me. It’s both frightening and hilarious. I can’t wait to see where this goes.

last edited at Oct 21, 2021 12:36AM

joined Sep 20, 2021

Saine seems interesting. I can’t tell if it’s in a good or bad way however lol.

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 7:04PM

StarChaser
joined Sep 20, 2021

What I wanna know is what she actually was doing to that dude, why’d she wanna beat him up? Also does she have a child? Is that what the ending was about?

The author’s child is YouYou, the little girl who left school and is with the redhead Vlogger in the restaurant. As for the rival author guy, I can only assume her beef with him has something to do with some underhanded tactics being used. She said she was teaching him a lesson so maybe he purposely provoked her. He’s probably the one who helped “leak” those photos of the argument. Her manager even says she was probably set up. They’ll probably explain it all later on.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 10:36AM

joined Sep 20, 2021

It's basically turning women into quite litteral ''objects'' and there's just no way to rationalize it in my book, especially as a woman. Different cultures and all aside, this is an objectively wrong practice.

Yeah, there's a reason they're called "idols". And idol is not a "filthy" real woman, she's your "pure" dream girl, someone you can fantasize about, but never reach. But that's OK, no one else can either - and a relationship would shatter that dream. It's selling a certain image, a fantasy, and nothing is allowed to interfere with that.

Really not my thing either...

I'm curious, does the same thing happen with male idols?

It does. Male Idols also have to hide their personal relationships and appear eternally single as well. This happens not only with Japanese Idols but Korean K Pop Idols as well. I’ve even seen male K Pop Idols actually offer up a public apology when female fans discover they’re dating someone or are getting married. Often the relationship is then announced to have ended shortly after discovery because of fan outrage. There’s objectification and unreasonable expectations on both sides of the coin.

last edited at Oct 4, 2021 4:39PM