Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I wonder if y'all noticed it: from this line in page 2...

"See, if I think 'bout it, I've never been really close to other girls."

... to this line in page 4...

"Gonna fix this shit!! For their love!! For our friendship!!"

... everything in Rika's monologue is actually said out loud. That's right, said out loud to that guy she's riding cowgirl-style.

No surprise the poor dude doesn't really feel turned on -- and has to tell her to stop killing the mood and cut the mid-fuck heroic speech, lol.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I was right about that girl not being all that bad. She's actually pretty interesting too.

This story is good. Wish there were more like it. Well there might be, I may just not be seeing them.

As for translation stuff. I'm just happy I get to read stuff at all. Never gonna complain no matter how much you scanlators might want me too!

I tried to learn Japanese. Yesh! It was rough. I was told it was better to learn to speak it before stirring it, otherwise you end up with a heavy accent, but I didn't even get very far.

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 12:30PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I was right about that girl not being all that bad

She is just a nymphomaniac. For her, you need to have sex as soon as possible. She is not bad striclty speaking, she just have her own way of speaking about relationship goal.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

As for translation stuff. I'm just happy I get to read stuff at all. Never gonna complain no matter how much you scanlators might want me too!

You mean there are people who complain? How odd.

Me, I love the translation. The dialogues are beautifully rendered, in a very realistic style, and give each character their own voice. Reminds me of Adam Warren's writing – in "Empowered" or "Grunge: The Movie" for example.

joined Mar 5, 2016

Rika rules. she's a dumbass, way too straight and too filled with good intentions. she's a great foil for miwa and saeko. the latter is energetic and positive in comparison to miwa but can't match the sheer angstlessness of rika.

fortunately, rika's involvement seems to be winding down. she's a very big personality so she tends to take over any scene she is in. she's a black hole of happiness.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

You mean there are people who complain? How odd.

Seconded. It's unreal how far above and beyond Ranka's translations are from most others in the scene. Scanlation tends to lean towards mass readability for multinational audiences, which often flattens speech and voice. It's always fun when a scanlator takes on interpretation at a wider level. I mean, you don't even get that with Yen Press.

every single day, i really, REALLY wish i'd never translated the original oneshot

Hah! You gave us exactly what the Japanese readers got, so the reading experience should be comparably excruciating. Well, the ones who had access to the oneshot at least.

last edited at Jul 10, 2019 12:02AM

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I'm confused? Why exactly is Miwa considered a pain? Can someone please explain what makes her a pain? I feel like I'm missing stuff D:

I read it like this: She's a high maintenance person. She has a particular way that she's imagined certain things unfolding in her relationships, and when they don't go that way, she's just visibly disappointed. She's considerate enough to not boss people around to suit her whims, but she still overthinks everything and isn't good at hiding when she's unhappy.

Which means, basically, that her friends and girlfriend, who are relatively much more laid back and a little insensitive, wander into her little disappointments like a minefield and accidentally bum her out. And they know they didn't do anything wrong, but neither did she really. They love that she cares so much because it generally means she's a sweetheart, but sometimes it's just a little exhausting to deal with.

Here I am just scrolling the forum and you come for me like this.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It feels to me more like gang up on Miwa, period. Worse, her being high maintenance is purely an informed trait. We get told about it by the rest of the band, etc. -- all people who know Saeko way better than they know Miwa. I would go the other way and say Saeko is insensitive, and the other girl is insensitive and un-self-aware to boot. I do think the series takes Miwa's POV mostly, but she's the "outsider," so that's typical. Still, has anything been actually shown either in the series or the pilot that would indicate Saeko and the band are right?

It's all relative, but for the sort of crowd Saeko hangs out with that have very casual attitudes about sex and dating Miwa is definitely high maintenance. Just the fact she needs a serious emotional connection and a lot of nurturing in order for her prospective partner to even have a chance at bedding her makes her so, not to mention her various hang ups and how sensitive she is.

last edited at Jul 21, 2019 8:52PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

It's finally happening? Is it happening?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Miwa is definitely high maintenance. Just the fact she needs a serious emotional connection and a lot of nurturing in order for her prospective partner to even have a chance at bedding her makes her so, not to mention her various hang ups and how sensitive she is.

Yeah being demi sucks everything possible to be sucked, everyone thinks you're a cold fish or afraid of commitment when you just need a stronger emotional connection to be okay with getting more physical.

No, no, I'm not a salty demisexual at all, nope

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

every single day, i really, REALLY wish i'd never translated the original oneshot

Thank you for the translation. You do amazing workyears> >Miwa is definitely high maintenance. Just the fact she needs a serious emotional connection and a lot of nurturing in order for her prospective partner to even have a chance at bedding her makes her so, not to mention her various hang ups and how sensitive she is.

Yeah being demi sucks everything possible to be sucked, everyone thinks you're a cold fish or afraid of commitment when you just need a stronger emotional connection to be okay with getting more physical.

I know that pain well. My shortest span of time between knowing a person and sleeping with them is 2 years.

last edited at Jul 21, 2019 10:30PM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Miwa is definitely high maintenance. Just the fact she needs a serious emotional connection and a lot of nurturing in order for her prospective partner to even have a chance at bedding her makes her so, not to mention her various hang ups and how sensitive she is.

As a demi too I felt this lmao

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

ITS HAPPENING

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

It's so cute Saeko is already that mindful towards Miwa, 9 chapters in and we already have a somewhat growth, love it. Also, that Miwa's dialogue on the "tiddies" is so spot-on, exactly what crossed my mind with my ex, good old times

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

DAMN THAT TITTY

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Awkward

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

With all the comments going on here, I'd say I'm thankful for not reading the one-shot even once.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

My heart just bursted with fucking rainbows. I love it.

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 5:26AM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

"Love when tmfly feles the need to remind us she CAN and WILL deploy HUNKY SAEKO with NO WARMING"
I laught irl with this HAHAHAHA Tmfly rules!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Nooo I loved the original and it's great that we get to see two different stories play out regardless if this one will follow the ending of the original or not. They both have their charms and the original really was a nice change in pace from the usual stuff we get.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

this is nice. it's cool to see two different people like those two work it out.

joined Dec 6, 2015

I’ve really like it so far as long as it doesn’t end up like and picture above in the one-shot I hated it they should work out I don’t see how hard it is to fall in love.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The oneshot is a curse.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Nooo I loved the original and it's great that we get to see two different stories play out regardless if this one will follow the ending of the original or not. They both have their charms and the original really was a nice change in pace from the usual stuff we get.

Agreed. I won't get mad if this goes a different way but I did like the original as it was.
This was a fantastic chapter btw.

edit. It's crazy having my desktop pc with good internet again after half a year. I can see people's profile pics again. 0.o They didn't show up on my phone. . . . Or I couldn't get them to at least.

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 4:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.