Ah, good ol' Flowerlanguage.

SuperText
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Renko and Maribel with guns.
Yukari & Okina beware.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

...If there's not at least a hint of yuri in Grand Carnival I swear to Madokami...

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Welp, now we know who is gonna be the yandere in the next School Idol Days.

SuperText
Image Comments 19 Dec 11:30
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
Drykl2ou0aardzi-orig

^^So have we come full circle, deconstructing the deconstructions?
I believe "edginess" to be a fault in the writing rather than something inherent to the genre; PMMM was followed by many copycats that tried to recapture the same aesthetics on a superficial level, but I think the original iteration can still be appreciated in isolation.
Tragedy will always be a relevant genre; at the same time, since its birth society and human relationships have evolved quite a bit. This means that sometimes fictional lesbians might suffer and perish for the sake of artistic expression, but that shouldn't be labeled a case of "bury your gays" without a second thought.
Not trying to criticize anyone here, just voicing my opinion on the use of certain tropes nowadays.

last edited at Dec 19, 2020 11:31AM

SuperText
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I must say though, as villains Claire and her cohorts are about as threatening as Team Rocket (the anime one).

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 2:44PM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

That brings Up the contraversial question, what about Magical girl raising site

@Skywallker No idea what that is- do you mean some site about 'magical girl raising project' the anime?

I never watched that- hated the idea of it.

Both Shoujo Site and Raising Project have yuri, and not the subtext or cousins variety either.
Of course, the question is whether the girls get to live long enough for that to matter.

last edited at Dec 16, 2020 10:16AM

SuperText
Image Comments 09 Nov 14:19
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

That's... familiar...

SuperText
Image Comments 30 Oct 09:11
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
Ekq3xbxuyaevql_-orig

...Time sure flies.

SuperText
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

...Oh, so it's the seat that's cursed.

SuperText
Image Comments 24 Oct 05:41
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

^No kidding. I was halfway through London when I found out about Oniland's requirements. Now I'm in Camelot where every other fight is a boss encounter. I can read the story later, but it sure feels more like a chore than anything like this.

SuperText
Assault lily 02 Oct 06:34
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Well, it's out.

Shaft isn't known to disappoint, and the lily imagery is a bit too thick for it not to be yuri... Guess we'll see (though those who read the novels would know).

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 8:43AM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Neat. I don't come empty-handed either, as Siegfried, Tamamo Cat and Andersen are already fully ascended (even if they need some embers).
Saber Diarmuid should follow suit as soon as I collect those annoying materials.

last edited at Sep 10, 2020 2:19PM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Thanks to the combination of a certain abridged series and a certain dying server, here I am.
...I'm just gonna leave this here: 044,226,425

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

I recommend saving your favorite stories/animations with a Screen Recorder app before you scatter the ashes.

As for what we never got: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tWaPQ9Fbyl8

last edited at Sep 2, 2020 4:24AM

SuperText
Image Comments 29 Aug 02:27
Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
Eb9ybb-xyaadozy-orig

Cute indeed.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Is that the reason for sure?

I'm positive, yes.

So I've already downloaded JP version. But it hurts not being able to understand anything anymore.

There's bound to be someone translating the JP content, even if not professionally, either on a blog or YouTube. As I recall, some people were already doing it before the NA version.
On a side note: https://magireco.nuke.moe/

last edited at Aug 28, 2020 6:40PM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

It's disheartening, especially since my phone apparently can't support the JP version... Ah well. I'm not going to swear off the franchise because of a gacha, already a guilty plasure in itself even as a F2P (y'know, time and effort).

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Sooo...
I don't suppose it's possible to move an account to another server?

Edit: Yeah, I didn't think so.

last edited at Aug 28, 2020 3:58AM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Yup, Hanna actually specifically says that she only had a little magic left

Fair enough, though that's beside the point of her witching out from critical levels of despair. In fact, it makes more sense that she'd end it instead of going the way of Sena.
Speaking of whom, yet another puella who could use having her own unit sometime in the future (given her overall importance, that doesn't seem too unreasonable).

last edited at Aug 27, 2020 2:38AM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Being able to "achieve the level of despair" isn't mandatory to Witching out, it is important to remember that while a poor mental state will expedite the process, it can also happen naturally if you burn yourself out, simply running out of magic completely will cause it

Of course, although energy depletion wasn't addressed in Hanna's case. As for mental state, it seems to really depend on emotion, and not all emotions are identical. One can be miserable, but not necessarily despairing (cough Homura cough).
For comparison, Kagari in PMSM had to literally brainwash herself into becoming a witch, and was clearly not in the best of mental states.
That's just my take, mind you.

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 6:35PM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

The one thing I disliked about it is that Hanna kills herself for no reason. If she was going to do that, she might as well have witched out instead.

I believe Hanna was simply too insane and nihilistic to achieve the level of despair necessary to witch out. You can't really feel despair if you don't care anymore, after all. She tried to get Nanaka to kill her to satisfy her own narrative, and when she couldn't, she did it herself.