Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ooof!!! DAT aaangst! For real people commenting here trying to guess why characters are arseholes means it's working! It ain't real aaangst if we're not pulling our hair out scrutinizing over who's the real cunt in the first place! Just enjoy the angst while this manga lasts. Mmmmmmm angsty goodness

Kou’s looks like she’s bouta go hard for that harem end...
Seriously, there’s faith that she’ll bring it all together.

#yuriharemendisbestroute

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 11:06AM

Tumblr_mw6qvr5yfa1shyngio1_500
joined Oct 25, 2013

Ooh i like that determined look at the end, it's like "I'm going to help these useless lesbians and beat that last boss(sexually)"

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Usually a little angst and drama doesn’t faze me at all. I mean when she took the picture of her crying I even thought damn that’s a nice picture. But damn her confessing and purposely going to her job was a real low blow, that ending made me feel horrible for amane.

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 11:12AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Nene and senpai are a pair of turbo-bitches. They should stop messing with Kou and Amane and get together or something.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Damn that is too low even lower than senpai.( but damn sensei is cute, hope she end up with Kou or Amene).

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

Uhh... I kinda ship Amane and Kou

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Blergh. This just hits all those artificial drama tropes. Frankly, I just don't care. Maybe one of them will pull a knife and stab another ...

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

That would be the best possible outcome. I'd like to read a story where the person at the center of the love triangle ends up alone, because the love interests get together.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

That would be the best possible outcome. I'd like to read a story where the person at the center of the love triangle ends up alone, because the love interests get together.

Now where did I hear of this type of shipping before?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The Legend of Korra.

Images
joined Apr 22, 2013

Personally, I think Nene is still not over Amane. I don't see the sense of deliberately showing up with your new girlfriend in a place where your ex is working. It's either she's a coward or scheming something.

or maybe she's an accomplice with that senpai, they've probably talked about how she should torture Amane so that senpai could take more crying pictures of Amane because she's envious of Amane looking so cute in pictures while she herself wants to pose cute but not allowed because it doesn't fit her.

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 3:03PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The Legend of Korra.

Guilty xD

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The Legend of Korra.

Nah. I'm pretty sure it's those few Yuu x Sayaka shippers over in the YagaKimi thread.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Personally, I think Nene is still not over Amane. I don't see the sense of deliberately showing up with your new girlfriend in a place where your ex is working.

She wanted to hurt her, that much I got; I dunno why but it's more & more clear that Nene is irked at Amane for something that happened before the breakup, perhaps even caused it, and even now Nene still has a grudge

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I truly cannot get enough of the Bad Decisions everyone is making. It’s a beautifully drawn disaster.

(#TeamNene)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

It feels like Nene’s envious of Amane in some way. Like, Nene appears to have this very strong need to feel special - something that she seemingly has been denied of when we saw her at her photo shoot. She wants to be called cute, she wants Kou (although I’m guessing she would’ve been okay with just about anyone) to look at her only, and we see that she gets angry when Kou goes over to compliment Amane’s work outfit.

Just judging by what Kou said at the end, it’s pretty evident that Nene isn’t over Amane either, but something must’ve torn them apart, and I’m almost positive Uchiho’s the culprit... otherwise, she wouldn’t even need to be in the story at all. Like, seriously, she doesn’t look like she’s playing any role at all at this moment, lol.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Personally, I think Nene is still not over Amane. I don't see the sense of deliberately showing up with your new girlfriend in a place where your ex is working.

She wanted to hurt her, that much I got; I dunno why but it's more & more clear that Nene is irked at Amane for something that happened before the breakup, perhaps even caused it, and even now Nene still has a grudge

Rather than having a grudge, Nene seems to be jealous or envious of Amane. Like Seira said in the post above, Nene seems to have a strong need to feel special. She's envious because Amane seems to draw the kind of attention Nene craves for.

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 6:25PM

joined Oct 7, 2017

Looks to me like Hayama is using a Canon 5D series body. The long lens looks like one of the long zooms, as indicated by the straight barrel and the the depth-of-field gauge mid-barrel, maybe the 70-200mm/f2.8.

Her shorter lens (as seen in Chap. 3) is pretty generic, so I can’t tell. Canon normal lenses tend to be pretty short and/or tapered in at the body, so that could be a 60mm macro.

I also can’t tell much about Kou’s rig. The back dials look like a Canon, but the front reminds me more of Nikon at times. (Faceplates are blank, of course.) I don’t know much about rangefinders, either, so I don’t know what her old camera would be. Looks like a nice one, though.

(That’s obviously one of those Fujifilm Instax Minis in Chapter 4. My money would be on Kou going for a pink one, although the purple or lime green wouldn’t be out of the question.)

On second glance, Kou's rig looks like a Sony A7 something.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

NENE, TELL US WHY YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A BITCH AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE AFTER

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Still interesting. Don't actually have much to contribute to this time. Waiting for the "why's" to be fleshed out more.

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 11:33PM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Nene is a cunt (possibly because of something that Senpai said or did.) Deliberately going out of her way to treat Amane like trash is nothing but distasteful. Even if Nenes being pretty controlling, Kou should grow a pair and give Amane some respect or space. The bystander act doesnt work when you're at the center of it all, knowing you're actions are hurting someone you 'care' about.

It's a very interesting premise and a lot of striking visuals but a lot of the story seems like it could be solved with heart to heart, but that's probably not gonna happen until the teacher steps in because Amane's suicidal.

TLDR: Amane deserves better friends.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I never thought I'd read a story where none of the main characters are likable.

Kou: Le Braindead. The typical Yuri protagonist who's like "Um...what is love?" and "She asked me out, and we are gonna be alone together, must be a fRieNdZ dAtE". She's the type of character I've come to dislike gradually in my years of reading Yuri. But well, she seems to have some sort of realization in the last page. Hope she redeems her retard ass in the next chapter.

Amane: Crazy Ex. God, I hate clingy people so much, both irl and in fiction. I understand that she deserves some explanation regarding her break-up, but constantly bothering your ex ain't it. She broke up with you, no matter what the reason, you gotta keep this in mind that THIS RELATIONSHIP IS OVER. MOVE ON. PERIOD. So many people sympathising with her baffles me. Imagine if she was a guy. Everybody in this forum would be triggered.

Nene: The Jerk with Not-at-All Golden Heart. Easily the worst character in this series and the only character I actively hate. At this point it is very clear that she's using Kou to get back at Amane. She is an insecure ass bitch who is using Kou's attention to fulfill her narcissistic desires. She doesn't have any genuine feelings for Kou. I would be very much surprised if the author shows otherwise in the next chapters . Also, hurting your ex using your current beau screams "evil". And not in a good way. I hope she ends up unhappy.

Senpai: The Wannabe Psycho. Now, usually I root for the Yandere-type characters but this girl is neither Yandere enough nor normal enough. She is just...there. She like those Disney villains, tries too hard to be evil but comes across as a childish, obsessive bitch. Meh.

Now, I don't hate any of them (except Nene), but I couldn't care any less about them. At this point I'm reading this because I wasted so much time on this already, why not waste a few more hours. I am tempted to drop this permanently, but I hate not finishing a series. This is very dissapointing, considering this had a an interesting and unique premise but ended up being a badly-written telenovela mess. Maria la del Barrio had better written characters. And that's saying a lot. But one thing I think we all can collectively agree on is that Kou needs to run away from this toxic school and move out from this town full of toxic teenage girls ASAP.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Looks to me like Hayama is using a Canon 5D series body. The long lens looks like one of the long zooms, as indicated by the straight barrel and the the depth-of-field gauge mid-barrel, maybe the 70-200mm/f2.8.

Her shorter lens (as seen in Chap. 3) is pretty generic, so I can’t tell. Canon normal lenses tend to be pretty short and/or tapered in at the body, so that could be a 60mm macro.

I also can’t tell much about Kou’s rig. The back dials look like a Canon, but the front reminds me more of Nikon at times. (Faceplates are blank, of course.) I don’t know much about rangefinders, either, so I don’t know what her old camera would be. Looks like a nice one, though.

(That’s obviously one of those Fujifilm Instax Minis in Chapter 4. My money would be on Kou going for a pink one, although the purple or lime green wouldn’t be out of the question.)

On second glance, Kou's rig looks like a Sony A7 something.

Good call—I think you’re right.

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

The only ship that matters

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

Nene is a cunt (possibly because of something that Senpai said or did.) Deliberately going out of her way to treat Amane like trash is nothing but distasteful. Even if Nenes being pretty controlling, Kou should grow a pair and give Amane some respect or space. The bystander act doesnt work when you're at the center of it all, knowing you're actions are hurting someone you 'care' about.

It's a very interesting premise and a lot of striking visuals but a lot of the story seems like it could be solved with heart to heart, but that's probably not gonna happen until the teacher steps in because Amane's suicidal.

TLDR: Amane deserves better friends.

Most love problems can be solved like that, but IRL people tend to hide and suppress their feelings. Also they're teenagers, that's even worse. Just look at Kou, she's in this mess cause she clearly can't say no.

To reply you must either login or sign up.