Forum › Posts by ari-chan

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Really interesting dynamic. Even though there relationship isn't healthy I can relate to their impulses. This what happens when two people care about control and influence more than the effects of their actions. Can't say they aren't well suited for each other.

Might I suggest a TOXIC tag?

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Chapter 31: "Remember that hard-won character development of Uta's where she finally decided to give up her love for Kaoru? Remember the highly problematic mom and the highly problematic dad and their highly problematic relationships with one another and each of them with Uta? Forget all that--feels are incoming."

Ughh... I have mixed feelings about that.

I think that was her only choice. Its like trying not to think about purple elephants. Think about how much more time you spend thinking about elephants when you are trying not to think of them.
If she shoved down those emotions eventually they would have just grow bigger and consumed her. If she can learn accept them though, they lose their power and she'll learn to let them go.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 1:16AM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Idk I feel like they could be the type who take their time and date other people. Then you know one day. after they've both figured out how to make each of themselves happy, they end up together

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I could be wrong here, but can you really be mad at a young girl for experimenting in romance? She's a kid still figuring out how to be honest with herself. Sure it's not fair to her "boyfriend" but people hurt each other all the time. I get she was probably pushing a lot of her issues into her support of Maki's romance, but hat doesn't mean her sympathy to Maki wasnt real. It's just always easier to give advice than to take it.

Edit: grammar

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 1:27AM

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Conscent = Difference between BDSM and Rape

Involentary bonage and sexual activity isnt true BDSM. Someone being taken advantage of while being physically restrained isn't maso/ sado play, its assault. I guess you could call it dominance but I dont thing this is the context they are referring to in conscentual role play

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I was really confused about the paint thinner thing. But apparently that's what all the cool kids were doing.

Someone should just let these poor souls know where to get the marijuana hookup, before they do themselves an injury. Huffing solvents long-term will fucking kill you.

I have my heart set on her saying it ironically to try and trick her friend into agreeing, proving that she doesnt know anything about sex thereby gaining dominance in the conversation

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Nervi posted:
It's still an ongoing manga.

The anime really just covered the first 30-odd chapters. There's been a HUGE tonal shift since then.

PixelBroadside posted:

Because they're not based on anime. Manga is still ongoing and it got very gay in recent times, pretty much turning into almost full-blown on yuri harem series.

I see, didn't realize that. Thank you both ^.^

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

So this anime is from like 6 years ago right? Not saying I didnt watch it, but why is there so much doujin recently?

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Nene is a cunt (possibly because of something that Senpai said or did.) Deliberately going out of her way to treat Amane like trash is nothing but distasteful. Even if Nenes being pretty controlling, Kou should grow a pair and give Amane some respect or space. The bystander act doesnt work when you're at the center of it all, knowing you're actions are hurting someone you 'care' about.

It's a very interesting premise and a lot of striking visuals but a lot of the story seems like it could be solved with heart to heart, but that's probably not gonna happen until the teacher steps in because Amane's suicidal.

TLDR: Amane deserves better friends.

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^I think that's unfair. Romantic love is always, at least a little, selfish and possessive. While I agree their close frienship is doomed, I can't fault the black haired girl for doing something childish. People do stupid and desperate things when they feel like they losing something precious. Maybe the light haired girl understood that, and forgave her. And heck black haired girl could have done way worse. I've seen more than one story where the gay girl slept with the guy to destroy her friend's relationship. Compared to that stealing an earring is nothing.

I dont think someone's romantic interests are a excuse for mistreating those that they are supposed to care for. Just because she could have been more damaging and hurtful isnt excuse for bad behavior, it's the breeding ground of a toxic relationship. She did something hurtful on purpose, and that should have been addressed.

Its not that her acting out is unrealistic, but it's not excusable. The blonde girl had the right to be upset and while that doesn't mean she should have lashed out in return that also doesn't mean that she should allow herself to be treated poorly.

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

I think the yuri part was the part that felt forced. Everything was pretty generic but if felt like high school level angst. Light hair girl should have been angry with black hair girl but instead she was made a doormat for a child with a temper tantrum. It's not light hair girls fault for not being a mind reader, she did her best to be a good friend. Dark hair girl cared about her sure, but selfishly and possessively, it wouldn't have worked.

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

As Nagi witnesses the problems in Yuu and Tamaki's relationship, she wishes that she were the one dating Yuu so that she could treat her better than Tamaki does. She gets more and more involved but can't fix things and witnesses it fall apart. Then she decides that she'll play the role of Tamaki and date Yuu, replicating the events of the story thus far. However, Yuu responds by saying that she can just be herself, thus breaking the cycle.

That's the thing though, I think the idea is she's supposed to break, but we dont know that she did as they all assumes they did. Regardless I think its all an explanation of how Tamaki got to that point with Yuu, and what led Yuu to take it. That's what I got from the final panels at least

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Okay, I can in all honesty say I didn't understand a thing of this story. >_<

That conclusion confused me to no end.

If someone loved this and thinks it makes sense, could they please explain to the rest of us?

Yuu fell in love with Tamaki, and in order to make Tamaki fall in love with her, she attempted to "become" the girl Tamaki loved—her ex-girlfriend Misaki. Tamaki went along with this for... some reason? I'm not really sure why, to be honest. Maybe she wanted to emulate Misaki and act towards Yuu the same way Misaki did towards her. Maybe she actually cared for Yuu to some extent, but just couldn't let go of her feelings for Misaki. Maybe she just doesn't really care about fidelity in relationships, and thought it'd be fine to date Yuu even while still in love with someone else. Maybe (despite all evidence to the contrary) we're supposed to believe that she has a healthy and friendly relationship with her ex and thought that things would somehow work out with Yuu, who's obviously unhinged and obsessed to the point of attempting to "become" Misaki. Anyways, for whatever reason she agreed to date Yuu.

Finally, things came to a head with Yuu's repeated attempts to sever the connection between Tamaki and Misaki, by deleting Misaki's contact information from Tamaki's phone and then by trying to break Misaki's phone. Tamaki realized... something and decided she couldn't be together with Yuu anymore. Honestly, Tamaki's motivations throughout this whole thing are a mystery to me. If I were in her spot, I'd be fucking terrified by Yuu messing with my phone and trying to break my ex's phone (that's some serious creepy stalker shit right there), but Tamaki doesn't seem particularly freaked out, just kind of sad. After this, Yuu stops wearing makeup and trying to be Misaki.

Meanwhile, Nagi gets involved. At first she's interested simply because she thinks Tamaki is hot. She doesn't really seem to love her, she's just attracted to her. Then Yuu confronts her, and she decides that Yuu's a pain to deal with so she'll back off. But she runs into Tamaki by coincidence and kisses her, at which point she realizes that Tamaki's also a pain to deal with, but in a different way. I think this is when she really starts looking at Yuu and begins to fall in love with her. She feels sort of protective towards her (and maybe kind of guilty for kissing Tamaki) and decides to support them.

As Nagi witnesses the problems in Yuu and Tamaki's relationship, she wishes that she were the one dating Yuu so that she could treat her better than Tamaki does. She gets more and more involved but can't fix things and witnesses it fall apart. Then she decides that she'll play the role of Tamaki and date Yuu, replicating the events of the story thus far. However, Yuu responds by saying that she can just be herself, thus breaking the cycle.

I agree with you 100% on this but I think you missed the whole point of the story. I think it's about cycles of hurt and misplaced feelings. The idea of the story is how could Tamaki be so horrible to Yuu? How could she still be in love with her ex while dating Yuu? How could Yuu put up with such things. The answer is Nagi. When you see things from Nagi's perspective as to how she feels about Yuu, it makes sense for Yuu to accept such treatment from Tamaki and for Tamaki to accept it from Misaki. To the same token that's why Tamaki can let herself be that way to Yuu, because she wanted to accept Yuu's feelings but she was still in love with Misaki. Its not until Yuu sees Nagi try to become Tamaki, copying how she tried to become Misaki, does Yuu understand Tamaki's feelings for her through her own feelings toward Nagi.

The idea behind this story is that at one point they all were and will be each other.

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

@h3x and @asukoari
Thanks! ^.^

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Chapter 16 raws.

Any word on chapter 16 eng?

ari-chan
Futari Nara discussion 06 Mar 21:49
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Is bullying in Japan really that bad? I feel like there are so many stories where there the "outcast" and the clicks. Is that all just commercial?
(I know we have it here not that I've ever seen it up close)

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^ You haven't read much of her other work yet have ya?

ari-chan
AnoYuna discussion 22 Feb 00:28
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Gayyyyy
I wish this ship was canon </3

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Soooo Nanami only likes Yuu because she's safe? That's what I got from the phone convo anyways. (That kinda hurt.)

Well, as another poster mentioned, in chapter 10 the rules were established:

1. Stay with me. Don't fall in love with anyone else.
  2. Don't come to hate me.
  3. Hold hands with me while we walk home today... (that day only...)

I understood the rules from the get go, and I understood Yuu's understanding of her position as well. The difference between then and now is the way the relationship was portrayed.
Initially I thought that Kaichou cared about Yuu but never wanted her to reciprocate because of her own emotional damage from everything with her sister.
However after this chapter it just feels like she's only playing with Yuu because Yuu won't hurt her.

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Soooo Nanami only likes Yuu because she's safe? That's what I got from the phone convo anyways. (That kinda hurt.)

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Chapter 14 (eng): https://imgur.com/a/TWts9

Thank you for posting it for us! ^.^

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

It also gives us reason to believe that they're fully going with the novel's ending.

I've never read it but last time I checked in Kumiko had dated and broken up with what's his face and Reina was rejected by pedo- teacher-san?
Edit: or at least that's what I think I remember reading...

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 1:43AM

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

and we finally got a KumiRei doujin just after the ship sank in the Anime Series

I don't want to know but now that you said it I have to know. Please explain

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Chapter 14: http://imgur.com/a/IPcsr

Chapter 14 RAWS

ari-chan
2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Homura E.N.D posted:

What the fakku...why is the poor Mami-tan alone? :(

Cause Mami's the worst character in the series. She's even worse than Kyuubey.

I wouldn't say Mami is the the worst character but she by far is the most irrelevant and least interesting. It kiillllllssss me that the next movie is about her.