Forum › Posts by Jeanne Mathison

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

i teared up while reading this. what a beautiful story and i love the message. “family isnt about blood, but love.” T-T

Well according to old Chinese/Japanese tradition blood isn't that important anyway.
A correct-thinking person would say: “family isn't about blood, but family registers.”
lol

Jeanne Mathison
Image Comments 21 Feb 11:02
joined May 24, 2019
Eur03ljvoaap8pp-orig

Such a complicated relationship made simple by a kiss.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

So those chocolates are for the boy she loves?

Poor blondie. Falling for a straight is tough.

joined May 24, 2019

Ajiichi could learn a thing or two with this author. Canno knows where to end her stories, its nice. 10/10

When I first heard that the manga was ending in chapter 11, it made me angry! I thought the publisher had decided to cut it short! But now I don't know anymore... the ending doesn't feel rushed at all... I wonder if Canno planned the story for 11 chapters from the go?

joined May 24, 2019

Meanwhile, immigrant women and kids are sold in some back-alleys. You can hammer that it's illegal, but then, brothels enabled that way of thinking: bodies can be bought and sold.

Nya-chan in 1930:

"Legal drinking is bad! The legalization of alcohol has enabled the rise of an army of moonshiners and bootleggers! Inspired by the legal market, a violent black market for illegal liquor has flourished! Mob wars ravage our cities! People die from lead and methanol poisoning! Homicides have increased 20%! Drug addiction has increased 50%! Organized crime has increased to a level never seen before! It's all the fault of legal drinking!"
"...."
"Oh oopsies never mind, it was PROHIBITION that brought all that! It's THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! Shucks, I was all mixed up! Teehee, my bad!"

last edited at Feb 5, 2021 6:21PM

joined May 24, 2019

^ Word.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Author-san: And that's a wrap! With this, the story's complete! Whaddya think, gentle readers?

Author-san: Ok, ok, let's keep our cool, I'm gonna write two more chapters rn.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

The op has a point. It's ok to realize/accept your desires, but until you act on them you're still useless.
The touchstone for determining the graduation from uselessness is sex; surrogates like wet dreams or shlick-shlick usually don't count.

The useless lesbian is by definition the lesbian that is interpreting everything as a sign of friendship.
More than this is just plain lesbians.

IMHO that's not a comprehensive definition.

A lot of girls in yuri manga realize they are in love with each other but just don't know what to do about that. They confess and start dating and everything, but the idea of lesbian sex seems to be alien to them: they spend time together, go to the movies, eat parfaits, have study sessions... and that's about it. Sexual drive? What's that? Cunnilingus? He's that guy who led the Volscians to besiege Rome, right?

Even worse, some start lusting after their partners and get the urge to do sexy things to them, but don't say anything; instead, they do everything they can to repress their desires. Sometimes both of the girls in a couple are in this position at the same time, and their interactions become extremely awkward as they both keep thinking: "I must hide my impure thoughts! I must not touch her lest I lose control! She must never know!"

All of these are examples of uselessness, in the opinion of many fans.

Jeanne Mathison
Lit a Light discussion 05 Jan 16:05
joined May 24, 2019

Mireille??? Is that you??????

Yeah, and the other one is Kirika.

This is the Noir fancomic that dare not speak its name.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/she_is_still_cute_today/

No sé por qué en otros readers no está esta versión... pero la he leído y la traducción es bastante buena. Sólo la calidad de los scans es (en algunos capis) un poco mediocre. Así que si quieren ponerse al día con este manhua...... pues ya saben a donde ir.

GUAU!!
Muchísimas gracias!!!

joined May 24, 2019

"36 year-olds want love too."

Ain't that the truth.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

"someone" "that person" "they" "a coworker"
I couldn't pinpoint the gender of the one Chiaki has fallen for. I figure it was written like that on purpose?

It would really add insult to injury if she plans to marry a man... ᗒ_ᗕ

That's exactly what it is. Even if she doesn't say "him" the way she talks about her crush is 100% typical Japanese girl describing a potential bf.

Clearly she thinks of Ayane as a very dear friend, one with whom you'd even celebrate the anniversary of meeting for the first time. But for serious stuff, like marriage and living happily forever, she wants a breeder.
Saddest thing is: I can't really find any fault with the solidity of this plot... unless being too realistic is a fault.

joined May 24, 2019

cute ending! now if only we could distribute these cookies to every slow romcom...

But, as Blastaar said, that would be the instant end of all those romcoms...

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Eli reacting like

Like uploader Tsuki-chan? :P

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

That was some cliffhanger.
Chapter 2 is out both in English and Spanish (which some might like better). Links here.

Amusing to see two shameless womanizers trying to justify their naughty ways in righteous moral terms. XDD

joined May 24, 2019

Chapter 29 is translated.

I learned a new word: Yumejoshi.

You know how Fujoshi are girls who like to ship boy x boy pairings?

Yumejoshi are girls who get their kicks by shipping themselves with fictional characters or with real-life celebs.

I wonder what you'd call 'em in English? Self-insertion fans? Mary Sues?

Anyhoo, one of Minori's students seems to have a crush on Yu-sempai (who sings in an indie band and so is a minor celeb) and is called a Yumejoshi by her friend. Poor girl will never get to do anything for realz with Yu, as we all have already figured that Yu's destined partner is Koko's mom. ¯⧵_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Nov 29, 2020 2:36PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Creo que esos comentarios, mas que por lo que pasa en el manga, son por el efecto que la adorable brujita les hace a los lectores.
Yo tmb, al llegar al final, me encontré pensando: 'Yo a esa brujita tmb me la como!!!' rotflmao

Hablando de Minori y Koko, el 29 de Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga arimasu ya fue subido a Mangadex.

last edited at Nov 28, 2020 4:32PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Anyone else gets this vibe that Nagori Yu really likes witches?

joined May 24, 2019

When I came to page 16 I was like wtf.

I mean, "we're married but we're just friends, not lovers?" Seriously wtf.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Les dejo una foto para que admiren! Es un hermoso paisaje de un río en Egipto:

https://i.imgur.com/83YYztd.jpg

Jajaja tardé un poquito en entender lo del rio, jaja, bien metida.

Hay un manga que se llama Venus Revere (o Venus Reveal), puede ser que hayan visto en MDex el primer cap en inglés. La traduccion al español está mucho mas adelantada, ya llevan cuatro:

https://lectortmo.com/library/manga/48617/venus-revere

Es una serie que se publica en Dengeki Daioh asi que es un poco distinta del estilo Yurihime al que estamos acostumbradas.

joined May 24, 2019

Everyone's talking about Mochi but this reminds me more of Taiyaki.
Sure, it's sis-sis not mom-daughter, but look at that mother who is young, beautiful and 100% totally pro-incest. There's no doubt in my mind that if one of her girls (or both) asked for sex with her, she would say yes!

And then this would turn into F^3 lol.

joined May 24, 2019

??
Why y'all are replying to defend youselves? No names were called.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Lol if I had a penny for every time I saw somebody in a manga say "Eh? That's a little... !" I'd preorder a PS5.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Remember, it took them 6-7 chapters to become "friends who kiss."
For the first half of the manga, they officially were "total strangers who kiss."
Changing the name of their relationship from "friends" to "girlfriends" is an even bigger deal.

Mebbe so but letz tell it how it is: cliffhanger suspense is zero. Typically when you end a chapter with someone making a love confession and the other party making a surprised face, it's to make the readers feel crazy! nervous! about what the answer will be and how love will turn out. This time, zero suspense: Ichika is going to reply: HELL YEAH I LOVE YOU TOO YOU BIG GOOFY DORK!
There's not a snowflake chance in hell that her answer will be something else. Shiine had need of some time to piece together her feelings but Ichika from ch1 was madly in love. No other scenario is possible.

joined May 24, 2019

Be careful--Bugdevil might possess your account & start posting again!

Unpopular opinion: I kinda miss 'em.

I most certainly don't. Guy was like Ratbert debunking the Big Bang.

Who what now?

Ratbert is a character in the Dilbert comic. It is generally accepted that Ratbert is the dumbest, stupidest character in the series. One time, Dilbert tried to explain the Big Bang in simple terms that even a pinhead like Ratbert would understand. It went like this:

Dilbert: "The Big Bang theory says that all the energy in space was originally jammed into a supercompressed speck the size of a tennis ball. Then this extremely dense point exploded, producing matter and propelling it outward to create the ever-expanding universe as we know it now."
Ratbert: "And why, pray tell, would there be a TENNIS BALL, of all things, in outer space?"
Dilbert: "Um... there wasn't."
Ratbert: "Haw haw! Talk about a FATAL FLAW, huh? Haw haw! It sure didn't take long to debunk your idiotic crackpot theory!"

This is more or less how that guy BugD. debated, always. Even if he didn't know the first thing about the matter in discussion, he would pick random words in other posts, juggle them, make a meaningless word salad and send it calling it a reply... and at the same time he'd insult all the other commenters (the ones who really knew about that subject) as bigots and ignorants.

I remember, on one occasion, someone who understood physics kindly explained to him the laws of thermodynamics. He answered with a very offensive message where he called the laws absurd and the person who had explained them to him a fool... and then he loudly claimed and tried to prove that thermodynamics worked in a different way than science had it. Ratbert to a T.

Oof. Incredibly delusional. Or hypocritical. Either way, this sort of thing makes me sad.

Thanks for the answer. I'll leave here a link to a video by Tim Minchin on people who attack science. Real funny stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U