Forum › Posts by nsw4133

nsw4133
joined Oct 7, 2017

Looks to me like Hayama is using a Canon 5D series body. The long lens looks like one of the long zooms, as indicated by the straight barrel and the the depth-of-field gauge mid-barrel, maybe the 70-200mm/f2.8.

Her shorter lens (as seen in Chap. 3) is pretty generic, so I can’t tell. Canon normal lenses tend to be pretty short and/or tapered in at the body, so that could be a 60mm macro.

I also can’t tell much about Kou’s rig. The back dials look like a Canon, but the front reminds me more of Nikon at times. (Faceplates are blank, of course.) I don’t know much about rangefinders, either, so I don’t know what her old camera would be. Looks like a nice one, though.

(That’s obviously one of those Fujifilm Instax Minis in Chapter 4. My money would be on Kou going for a pink one, although the purple or lime green wouldn’t be out of the question.)

On second glance, Kou's rig looks like a Sony A7 something.

nsw4133
joined Oct 7, 2017

Love the manga and the plot so far, even though ugh it's so painful to watch Amane getting hurt. But totally loved how unpredictable it is so far.

On a side note, the camera nerd in me was so STOKED to see so many different types of camera bodies and lenses. Like, asdfghjkl excited. I know this manga is never going to head for the seinen route where they start to go all technical and spout out stats (and it should stay that way), but also Iwami Kiyoko did an amazing job putting together a list of distinctively different but equally expensive high end-ish camera bodies and lenses XD. One thing I wished was Iwami would draw a thicker straps for the cameras, especially like the one in https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch06#5 cos that set up is heavy and lizard girl deserves better ergonomics.

What I'm so excited about is that Kou and lizard girl have now gone into my list of fictional lesbian photographers, with Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura being the first one XD.