Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Looks interesting. :D

joined May 20, 2019

maybe this one will end up like Usagi Drop, Manga about single Ossan adopt little kid
after the kid became older, she fallen in love with that Ossan, and i kinda disappointed with it, because that manga not started as romance but slice of life and heart warming story
i made an account just to say about it lol

last edited at May 20, 2019 10:30AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Here comes the aaaangst train!

joined Apr 8, 2018

This give me the same feeling as I had when I read "warm place" (a yuri web novel). I absolutely adored "warm place" so I'm looking forward to this immensely as long as the atmosphere stay the same.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm personally curious about what happened between Midori and Tsumugi in the past. They seemed like they were close during the flashbacks, but then 17 years passed without them speaking to each other, and Midori didn't even hear that Tsumugi had a daughter.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

I hope this won't have her falling for Haru, rather Haru's presence helps her get over her lingering feelings and she finds someone else.
And Haru can become her daughter

+1

joined Jun 12, 2015

I wouldn't expect any yuri romance from this manga. It's not tagged yuri on Comic Meteor. And it says it's a "cohabitation story".

last edited at May 20, 2019 11:55AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

h3x posted:

I wouldn't expect any yuri romance from this manga. It's not tagged yuri on Comic Meteor. And it says it's a "cohabitation story".

Well, one of the main character is lesbian, they might end living together not romantically but we can't really say "it's not gonna be yuri" at this point.

last edited at May 20, 2019 12:02PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Those Japanese funerals always expose a bunch of shitty relatives ... ^^

It's nothing out of the ordinary in Japan.

I'm tempted to say, not out of the ordinary anywhere, but I can only speak to my experience in a particular area in the US.

From what I can tell looking around, this first volume is 5 chapters long. Anyone happen to know if this is ongoing past that?

It would appear the series is ongoing, up to chapter 5 thus far.

I am sure I read this somewhere long time ago. This is a new serie or re-post?

It's a new series. You're likely thinking of one of the others with similar premises.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This looks good. Now here’s a long list of moral positions I’m going to take about it before I even see where it’s going:

But on second thought . . .

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OrangePekoe posted:

I'm tempted to say, not out of the ordinary anywhere, but I can only speak to my experience in a particular area in the US.

From what I can tell looking around, this first volume is 5 chapters long. Anyone happen to know if this is ongoing past that?

It would appear the series is ongoing, up to chapter 5 thus far.

I am sure I read this somewhere long time ago. This is a new serie or re-post?

It's a new series. You're likely thinking of one of the others with similar premises.

And don't forget one from my top 10 https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/kobano December MElting Snow and it's sequel

last edited at May 20, 2019 12:23PM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Being shitty with grieving people in funerals is the norm in many places such as Japan and US? I am very surprised. In my country people will shit-talk about you in return if you're being a jerk to the mourners. It's like, socially unacceptable to be rude in funerals.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Friendly warning there is actually no yuri in volume one. Proceed with an open mind.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I hope the MC doesn't end up projecting the mom onto the daughter as they are both separate individuals, though judging from their interactions, I don't think I have to be worried.
This was a really interesting and well-written chapter!

Totally agree- I mean she has just lost her mom- she needs a guardian, she doesn't need to be treated as a stand in for her mom or an adult falling for her right now.

Thats not to say you couldnt do this story well- but I am worried it will fall into some obvious pitfalls that would put me off it.

edit-
@Gridman- that is actually a relief due to my above concerns. Given the situation, it really should take time & not rush into yuri plot.

@Annabeth_96 I'd be amazed if they just stay in parental / child roles and heal each other and the yuri romance/s are OTHER people.. It wouldnt be a bad idea but I'm 98% positive these 2 will be the yuri romance of the story. Im ok with that as long as it happens slowly and she isnt a stand in for the mother and they properly address the various issues.
It seems like it would be hard to do it right though imo.

last edited at May 20, 2019 12:55PM

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

Friendly warning there is actually no yuri in volume one. Proceed with an open mind.

I'm actually quite okay with that. I didn't want there to be Yuri between a woman who loved someone so much that they are willing to take that person's daughter in to live with her without any questions, and that very daughter. Especially for the stupid reason that they simply look identical. It would actually be quite refreshing for Midori to just live with Tsugumi's memory and learn to find someone new, who isn't just a doppelganger. Probably the daughter can help her move on, since Midori seems stuck in the past. In the meantime, maybe the daughter can get affected by the Yuri virus and find her own Yuri love.

Images
joined Apr 1, 2018

Right from the first page it makes a bad impression. Typical angsty dark-haired protagonist. Oh God, here we go again...

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I was actually pretty impressed with how decent this turned out to be. I'm very incredulous to age gaps especially ones extreme as this one, but it is a pretty good story so far. I'm perfectly fine with it not being a yuri tale because the idea of a emotionally stunted 31 year old and a semi mature 14 year old(come on how mature can they be) grosses me out.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

So, a yuri Usagi Drop.
I'm kinda hoping protag and Haruko remain in a platonic relationship. Like someone above has said, she shouldn't be a stand-in for her mother. But I wouldn't be too upset if it goes that direction anyway, whatever

joined May 1, 2013

Pretty good writing, but oh man this pairing is creepy and awful for a kabillion reasons. This would be a wonderful little manga if it was the main character becoming a mom to Haru.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

The author tagged it as yuri in Pixiv. So there's that...

Profile_picture_by_sejuani_winterswrath-d6lk1uw
joined May 18, 2013

I'll just enjoy the ride.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

FarhaFiasco posted:

So, a yuri Usagi Drop.

Let's not go there. The gap in Usagi drop was much larger and the squick factor was that the MC raised her from age 6.

The setting here is very different.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

FarhaFiasco posted:

So, a yuri Usagi Drop.

Let's not go there. The gap in Usagi drop was much larger and the squick factor was that the MC raised her from age 6.

The setting here is very different.

I wasn't shitting on it though. Just pointing out the plot similarity.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

"Maybe an institution would be best for that girl"

an institution

best

Fuck them kids.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

a quick game for anyone to play:
if you see a series tagged as "Age Gap", flip ten coins. if any one of them landed on heads, then you can rest assured that the series will probably be about a pedophile

To reply you must either login or sign up.