Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

How many chapters have this manga? And is every chapter soo long?

Dynasty
joined Apr 27, 2019

Currently 5 chapters. After this it's the usual ~30 pages.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Each flashback cuts deep in my heart... And yeah Midori, don't let that poor girl think she should handle everything else herself because you're giving her a room to stay, don't let a kid think she has to be an adult soon or think she's a burden, that's too sad.

What I really fear is "dad" coming back...

joined May 1, 2015

No, I do not think Midori is romantically attracted to Haru. She will eventually see Haru as her child. It may be Haru who develops feelings for Midori, and would try to pursue her.
I get the feeling that Haru's dad is a total asshole. I am sure he forced himself unto Tsugumi and got her pregnant that way.
Tsugumi's parents probably forced her to marry him to keep up apperances.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That conclusion about everything related to the Bento got me.

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

God this is beautiful

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm glad to see the distant, melancholic atmosphere has been built on further. Really looking forward to seeing our protagonists grow together.

Also, I'm a big fan of secret bases, too. Haru is a good girl.

last edited at May 23, 2019 12:14AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

So far it's been quite good. Author made a sensible choice by having a relative accept nominal custody in exchange for not having to pitch in financially/housing her. That way it's at least plausible for the kid to end up living with the MC.

I'm most interested in learning about the dead mother's life outside of Midori's point of view. What went wrong, what kind of person she was after her middle school years and what happens to Midori's understanding of her old love interest and herself as result of that. Their past middle school days don't interest me that much, this chapter already gave me plenty of that.

last edited at May 23, 2019 12:23AM

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Currently 5 chapters. After this it's the usual ~30 pages.

I only saw 3... where is this being updated or being released?

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Weeeeeeeeew. I've found new stuff I can cling to. I am sure that they'd make a wonderful couple.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This is so cute that I wouldn't even mind if there wasn't any romance in this story.

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

Wow, this is just a great story, period. I'd be fine if it didn't even turn out to be yuri (and that'd be kinda weird anyway, tbh)

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

i had to log back in and make a comment because gezus, this story is so beautiful.

Dynasty
joined Apr 27, 2019

I only saw 3... where is this being updated or being released?

https://comic-meteor.jp/haru/

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Damn!!!! This concept is refreshing!!! I felt so much pain for each flashback about the mom and was pumping my fist with joy when Haru said her mom made her bentos

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

A teenager in the loft? Is this Hoshikawa Ginza?

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I get the feeling that Haru's dad is a total asshole. I am sure he forced himself unto Tsugumi and got her pregnant that way.
Tsugumi's parents probably forced her to marry him to keep up apperances.

Maybe not. It said that she ran away together with the guy, so she must have liked him at least in the beginning. Also I got the impression that they were married for some time. On the oher hand... who would leave and never even contact their child. That is indeed douchebag material.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I love the way the story is moving along. We don't really know much about Tsugumi, Midori or Haru yet, but you can really feel the kind of pain all three of them went through/are going through. It's also beautiful to see how much of an impact Tsugumi left on both Midori and Haru. It's like that saying - "people aren't dead until they are forgotten", and in this case, Tsugumi still lives on in the both of them.

The first chapter confused me a bit when Midori said, "Spring was when my most precious person was taken from me" before she got the call to attend Tsugumi's funeral, but I think it makes more sense that Midori's not actually referring to Tsugumi's death, but rather, something that probably happened right after their graduation since Tsugumi never went to high school. Or the first few pages could be a time skip, but it doesn't feel likely since Haru isn't there (unless they've both moved on). Guess we'll have to see.

last edited at May 23, 2019 3:30AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahhh really loving this so far. So far the tone of the story is really nice. Each chapter makes me feel really sad, but really touched in a way. Like you can really feel the loneliness of the characters, but it ends very hopeful. The start to a beautiful relationship. I hope they talk more about Tsugumi and whatever happened to her during those 14 years.

Precious bb Haru

last edited at May 23, 2019 3:44AM

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

Real big thank you to whoever is working on this. It's appreciated.

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

I feel uncomfortable, maybe its the prospect that this 30 year old might fall for the 14 yo... but somethings off. I love the art though, so im going to pretend shes 18.

I said this, but the dynamic of them being friends is indeed much easier to stomach. I hope that innocent love comes from this, friendship or romantic, either way, no s*x for a long time.

joined Apr 18, 2018

Saw the cover for this manga over at yurinavi a while back and I thought it'd focused on a pair of ghost and human still madly in love with each other, since the other girl was holding a picture that looks too similar to her facial, afterall, so I thought that she's the one that was deceased. Glad that I was wrong though, because while such a premise would certainly evoke a certain degree of uniqueness and had its own charm, seems way too sad for my preference, being that the ending for a story like that could turned up being predictable. I certainly like the cover nonetheless, because it hold a sense of ambiguity and obviously suitable for a drama focused manga. What had happened so far in both chapters are great, and I'm looking forward to what else in store.

last edited at May 23, 2019 4:25AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Midori-san is so precious. T_T Even if she's 30 yrs old.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Another age gap Yuri. Nice.

Dankest akari
Srztiub
joined Nov 5, 2017

Love the story so far. I’ve been waiting for a more serious and thoughtful yuri (?) series like this.

And if it turns out there’s no yuri I would be okay with that, because the story is just that good (also I agree it would feel weird)

To reply you must either login or sign up.