Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

A teenager in the loft? Is this Hoshikawa Ginza?

One can only hope. I think it could end up just as great, but we'll see.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Pretty interesting seeing people applying burgerland standards and calling Midori a pedo before anything even happened. And even if it will, it won't be because she's attracted to Haru's childish body. Finally, Haru is clearly smart enough to properly understand what consent is. I really don't see how reading this can make anyone uncomfortable, at least as it is now.
That aside, my hope for this series is that the author will throw us a curveball and have Haru fall in love for Midori, with Midori trying to hold herself back.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

That aside, my hope for this series is that the author will throw us a curveball and have Haru fall in love for Midori, with Midori trying to hold herself back.

That'd be pretty neat, actually. Kind of an ironic turn of events; some writers do love that.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Aww, ok, it's better than I expected. Wait, why is 14 y.o. girl is drinking coffee and reading newspaper in pajamas like some old man? Heh.

last edited at May 23, 2019 6:21AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

a quick game for anyone to play:
if you see a series tagged as "Age Gap", flip ten coins. if any one of them landed on heads, then you can rest assured that the series will probably be about a pedophile

I have an even better suggestion for a game. How about you go fuck yourself...and that's about it. Pretty fun, huh?

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I only saw 3... where is this being updated or being released?

https://comic-meteor.jp/haru/

Thank you for the link.

Why people overreacting? When there’s nothing sexual or anything happening between them? This story is good so far. I think, it reminds me a bit of Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu, at least at the part when they obviously trying to cope up with their life w/o the important person that connects to them, living together until they feel the comfort and security. Haru w/o her mother, basically living w/ a stranger and Midori continuously remembering her past, the girl she once loved. It’s so refreshing set up. I’m really interested to see how they find the comfort and supposedly bloom the friendship they’re starting to.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was cute so far.

joined Oct 17, 2018

I like this alot! This is gonna be a deep one!

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

The last panel on the last page of chapter 2 states it all on whos wearing the pants in this household.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

This is gonna rip my heart out, I just know it.

Images
joined Apr 1, 2018

No, I do not think Midori is romantically attracted to Haru. She will eventually see Haru as her child. It may be Haru who develops feelings for Midori, and would try to pursue her.

I hope so because right now, I'm heebieing and jeebieing.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

I like this alot! This is gonna be a deep one!

I'm fourteen and this is deep

Daedelus_Muse
joined Nov 1, 2018

So the MC is an adult who never moved on from elementary/high school, and the deuteragonist seems to be a kid who had to grow up too fast. Has some potential for interesting role reversal, like the breakfast scene.

joined Feb 18, 2015

So far this is fantastic.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I think so far this is classified as Yuri cuz Midori was in love with Tsugumi who is now dead. That could definitely be all the tag means.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

I really think this shouldn't be tagged as Age Gap. I feel like the yuri is strictly between Midori and Tsugumi, and has nothing to do with Haru other than the fact that she serves as a reminder of Tsugumi. Hopefully, in the future, the yuri will be between Midori and a new character, breaking the unsaid rule that the first two main character suitable girls in a yuri manga will be the main couple. Or rather, the rule that the story starts when the main yuri couple meets.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really think this shouldn't be tagged as Age Gap. I feel like the yuri is strictly between Midori and Tsugumi, and has nothing to do with Haru other than the fact that she serves as a reminder of Tsugumi. Hopefully, in the future, the yuri will be between Midori and a new character, breaking the unsaid rule that the first two main character suitable girls in a yuri manga will be the main couple. Or rather, the rule that the story starts when the main yuri couple meets.

I would love to see Haru become Tsugumi's wingwoman and build her up to the point where she can find a real girlfriend.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmm I think removing the age gap tag because the main girls aren't dating (and we still don't know if they will) means removing the yuri tag because back in school days they were only friends, so it's yuri crush right? just like in new game... So if we don't want people getting false expectation or freak out we just leave it as drama glasses and roommates or cohabitation

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Aww, ok, it's better than I expected. Wait, why is 14 y.o. girl is drinking coffee and reading newspaper in pajamas like some old man? Heh.

My thoughts exactly. I think the fact that it just happens and Midori doesn't react to it at all makes it funnier.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I would love to see Haru become Tsugumi's wingwoman and build her up to the point where she can find a real girlfriend.

That would be really cool. I also see them more having a mother/daughter relationship smh. They both need family more than romance for now.

Somehow the premise is like in "Kusanagi-sensei is troubled", but I'm digging that more than this smh. maybe because it is not as sad as this one here.

m_nguyen_chau
120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

I need art like this !!! Like a warm water flow. Hope this ends well...

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

gotta say I don't really get the opinion that Midori will eventaully see Haru as her child, seems the manga is being pretty clear that their relationship will be of friends.

anyway I am enjoying it so far~

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Pretty interesting seeing people applying burgerland standards and calling Midori a pedo before anything even happened. And even if it will, it won't be because she's attracted to Haru's childish body. Finally, Haru is clearly smart enough to properly understand what consent is. I really don't see how reading this can make anyone uncomfortable, at least as it is now.

YUP. THIS.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I don't wanna jinx it but I'm so not gonna get high hopes for every chapter having over than 50 pages

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

These first two chapters are extremely strong. This has the potential to be one of the greats. Something we in the future will consider essential reading.
If it remains as strong as it started, and has a great ending, this will become my new #1 favorite.
I will follow this story with great interest.

To reply you must either login or sign up.