Forum › Posts by Firecat1311

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

woman with a perfectly fine figure is insecure about her weight and must now go on a diet? now THIS is comedy! can't believe I've never seen this premise before, they should make it a new trope or something. us girls could really use a bit more normalized insecurity over beauty standards in our lives, after all

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

What about not being jealous over your significant other because you TRUST them? How about that idea?

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

catastrophic levels of cute and good, as always for Ran-Chama

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

IL Siracusano was a good event for Texas shippers

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

To me the "I don't like girls, I just happen to like [name] because she is [name]" trope is just a big red flag that the writer is approaching the story from the angle of yuri as a romantic fantasy rather than homosexuality as a reality.
It's not that they're necessarily trying to be homophobic, but...

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

You basically haven't lived until you've worn coordinated outfits with an SO in an MMO.
I love the "matching addresses" line, it's so dumb, but, ahaha

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I've always thought that yuri could use more references to sans from undertale

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017
Cesarzebrah-1653308782116753408-img1

get u a girl who treats you like trash

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Made me cry a little, but it's the kinda twist that really only works in fiction. Rejecting and abandoning someone to "give them space to pursue their dream" rather than being there with them and supporting them along the way IS kind of a jerk move

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Pinning your partner, who would give her life for you, to the floor and wiping the tears she shed for your sake (but not in a gay way)
Swearing to be with your partner, who you would give your life for, wherever she goes, and gently toying with a lock of her hair while she sleeps beside you (but not in a gay way)

It's hard not to ship these two after this, I think

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Everyone in this manga obsessing over Hanaoka's boobs all the time is starting to get pretty uncomfortable. I've never understood this type of humor

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Y'know, of all the uses of the bodyswap trope I've seen, I don't think I've ever seen this approach of using it as a way to show both characters how the other one sees them. Feels kinda fresh

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I know enough about knowing things to know that this cliffhanger will not be leading to anything

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Anime girls are so terrifyingly fragile. A single splash of water can give them a cold, and the light impact of a sport ball is enough to knock them fully unconscious

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

The rules:
- Every day repeats an average of 5 times, the amount is entirely random.
- When tomorrow does come, a random day from those repetitions is chosen as "canon" to reality.
- Only Ayaka is aware of this, and remembers everything in perfect detail.
- More rules to come. It gets wild. Read and enjoy :)

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

If the gap between Tanya's current form and her mature form is that big, then it means she's not just a child, but a very young one. Like. Early teens or younger.
Shoulda trusted my gut feelings on this one from the start, I guess

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Only 10% of people who are struck by lightning actually die from it. If she does, then y'know what?
Skill issue.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

don't try to deny who you are just for someone you like, if they love you then they'll appreciate your interests too

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

So the events of the past changed the future, and yet those past events apparently never happened in the future she ended up in... huh...?

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I've been waiting all my life for a lesbian megazord with a gay marriage themed design, I just didn't know that I was until today

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I knew they probably wouldn't remove the incest subplot, but I was at least hoping they'd, uh, adjust Rei's line equating homosexuality's forbidden-ness to incest.
Even if it may technically be true in the specific world they're in, it just feels like it didn't really need to be there, or at the very least didn't need to be said by someone who so strongly believes that homosexuality shouldn't be seen as wrong, y'know?
Anyway, at least this particular "plot point" gets out of the way pretty quickly and doesn't hold too much bearing on the rest of the actual plot.

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Ah, so basically the world was turned into a creative mode Minecraft server. I see

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

And thus, a new idiot couple is born...

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

the curse of the Useless Lesbian (or uselessbian curse for short) has struck gensokyo... no women are safe

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I love the premise, so I really wish there was just a liiiiittle bit more on the end. I've read this a bunch of times now, and the way that Misaki seems to just have a look of fear or disgust in the last panel rather than, like, blushing or something, has always bothered me. I dunno, if there were just a few more panels...