Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

joined Nov 7, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/023/146/[Hachimitsu_Scans]_Kanoboku_c06_13.png

Oh shit! Fuck this girl!
Quick Hime! Punch her in her stupid face!

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:15PM

Sfdsfksdfsd
joined Jan 15, 2019

It really is hot & cold with this Anzu. Either I like her or I don't...

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Well, in chapter 6, Anzu shows her true colors AND proves that she doesn't understand Akira at ALL, since she asked her to be her "BOYFRIEND" and not her "GIRLFRIEND". Hopefully Akira will NOT accept her offer and will figure out the real reason Hime has been freaking out and help her get over her "but we're both girls" issues.

Hime isn't just having the two girls issue. She's in a more serious trouble, as she does not want to be a bi/homosexual, but she is. Instead of just coming to accept that it's ok for two girls to be in love and want to be in a relationship, she has to make it ok for herself to be that way as well.

"I want to believe that this is not who I am".

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 4:30PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Well, in chapter 6, Anzu shows her true colors AND proves that she doesn't understand Akira at ALL, since she asked her to be her "BOYFRIEND" and not her "GIRLFRIEND". Hopefully Akira will NOT accept her offer and will figure out the real reason Hime has been freaking out and help her get over her "but we're both girls" issues.

Hime isn't just having the two girls issue. She's in a more serious trouble, as she does not want to be a bi/homosexual, but she is. Instead of just coming to accept that it's ok for two girls to be in love and want to be in a relationship, she has to make it ok for herself to be that way as well.

"I want to believe that this is not who I am".

...Isn't the two girls issue the same thing as freaking out if youre gay?

joined Aug 11, 2014

I kinda wonder. Is Hime really freaking out because she doesn't want to be gay? Or is she actually freaking out because she worries that she's straight? In other words, does she fear that having feelings for Akira means that she subconsciously sees her as a guy, and that's just about the worst betrayal she can imagine? That seems more in line with the kind of insecurities Hime has, imo.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

boyfriend

this is a big yikes

joined Sep 13, 2018

Oooh, I actually really like this chapter. It sucks for Akira to be misgendered like this but it's got the potential for it to be a good moment between Akira and Hime and possibly a learning experience for Anzu.

joined Apr 26, 2016

Hime is getting a bit annoying also she knows Akira is a girl so she does know dating her makes her gay

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

My problem is with the heroin being a total stereotype.

The heroin is more tall and full of T that any other boy in the manga. Boys and girls have same size hands except the heroin : Giant hands. Everything is made to underline the 'she cant pass' feeling.

I've been a lesbian transgirl for years and I didnt always pass. I know very well those 'allies' who fantasize over our virile body in dresses. They say they get you and their views are OK, but when you dig under the surface, you always find a woman fantasizing over feminine men in dresses. They like the male they see in you and they want to make it lovable. It's somewhat disgusting.

I have dozens of tgirls friends of all ages. None of them look like Akira.

And a lot of them dont pass. Thats not the point.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I think you meant "heroine" unless there's someone taking drugs in this manga lol

Hime is getting a bit annoying also she knows Akira is a girl so she does know dating her makes her gay

I think she's either in denial because Akira is a girl or in denial because she knows Akira might not like her back, assuming Akira likes boys instead of girls

That also ties into what Gale said, she could try to overly support Akira so much, only to hide her true feelings of guilt for falling in love with Akira because she's biologically a guy. Kinda like that girl with the shoulder length hair but she doesn't feel guilt at all and wears her heart on her sleeve instead.

last edited at Feb 22, 2019 12:16AM

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

That also ties into what Gale said, she could try to overly support Akira so much, only to hide her true feelings of guilt for falling in love with Akira because she's biologically a guy.

She ain’t any mode of guy; I’m pretty sure Hime’s fears are arising exactly because she’s worried that even though she’s supposed to know better her subconscious might be treating Akira unfairly.

joined Sep 13, 2018

The heroin is more tall and full of T that any other boy in the manga. Boys and girls have same size hands except the heroin : Giant hands. Everything is made to underline the 'she cant pass' feeling.

I've been a lesbian transgirl for years and I didnt always pass. I know very well those 'allies' who fantasize over our virile body in dresses. They say they get you and their views are OK, but when you dig under the surface, you always find a woman fantasizing over feminine men in dresses. They like the male they see in you and they want to make it lovable. It's somewhat disgusting.

I have dozens of tgirls friends of all ages. None of them look like Akira.

And a lot of them dont pass. Thats not the point.

I get your apprehension but honestly that's why I like the recent chapter because it's literally the build up to a character like that? Like Anzu is word for word "They say they get you and their views are ok, but they just fantasize about a feminine man in a dress".

That also said, as a lesbian trans woman too, I don't really get your complaints, we haven't really seen Akira up next to any boys so it's hard to say she's drawn with purposely giant hands or taller than other boys. She really doesn't look too out of place even when I think about "princely" type girl characters in yuri, even though Akira's personality is far from that.

That also ties into what Gale said, she could try to overly support Akira so much, only to hide her true feelings of guilt for falling in love with Akira because she's biologically a guy.

She ain’t any mode of guy; I’m pretty sure Hime’s fears are arising exactly because she’s worried that even though she’s supposed to know better her subconscious might be treating Akira unfairly.

Honestly, I think dealing with internalized homophobia and also worrying about treating your trans girl friend poorly because of that internalized homophobia could open the way up for something pretty interesting? Like Hime over coming it and coming to terms with her love for Akira and supporting her could be incredibly cute imo!

last edited at Feb 22, 2019 3:23AM

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

Yet another trans lesbian here. (lmao there sure are a lot of us, huh?) I agree with Samcaesar, it doesn't seem to me that she's drawn to appear very masculine. Depictions of trans women as being super masculine are definitely harmful, but nothing about Akira shouts "masc" to me. Taller than her cis female peers, but that's hardly a crime.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

macfluffers posted:

Yet another trans lesbian here. (lmao there sure are a lot of us, huh?) I agree with Samcaesar, it doesn't seem to me that she's drawn to appear very masculine. Depictions of trans women as being super masculine are definitely harmful, but nothing about Akira shouts "masc" to me. Taller than her cis female peers, but that's hardly a crime.

The only things that could be considered masculine are really just her height and hair length. She's taller than most cisgender women and has short hair which is generally seen as a masculine trait. But cisgender women can be tall and tons of women have short hair so those aren't actually valid criticisms here.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

as her boyfriend... um

joined Aug 9, 2018

i like the (sort of ) delinquent new one

probably the story will moving on the theme about "what's inside a person and what's the appearance".

Like the four of them:
- Akira Man outside = Girl inside
- Hime violent outside = caring for friend inside
- Anzu open friendly outside = loner inside (probably )
- Yukka delinquent-loner outside = smart- potential yuri(??) inside

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

ahhh such a wholesome update! yukka rules!! :')

Images
joined Sep 1, 2014

I kinda wonder. Is Hime really freaking out because she doesn't want to be gay? Or is she actually freaking out because she worries that she's straight? In other words, does she fear that having feelings for Akira means that she subconsciously sees her as a guy, and that's just about the worst betrayal she can imagine? That seems more in line with the kind of insecurities Hime has, imo.

I thought it was obvious that it was as you said, it definitely fits the narrative, unlike Hime being "homophobic".

joined Jan 11, 2018

The fake out was real! Seem she's not a terrible person.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I'm not crying your crying

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

I'm glad these 3 chapters came out all together, moves the story along nicely!
no pun intended! lolz
The 4 of them can have some interesting dynamics now, as friends or perhaps more than friends.

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

I kinda want to see Hime light Anzu on fire

I currently want to revise my previous statement. I'm really liking that Anzu is a better person than she first appeared and that Hime herself is growing as a person.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I thought it was obvious that it was as you said, it definitely fits the narrative, unlike Hime being "homophobic".

I'm not disputing you're hypothesis, I do think it is the more likely scenario, but the claim isn't that Hime is homophobic, but that she is suffering from internalized homophobia, which is something that most queer ppl have to deal with.

last edited at Feb 27, 2019 7:37PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

And everything went better than expected!

To reply you must either login or sign up.