Forum › Posts by TransHomura

joined Apr 26, 2016

Am I the only one bothered Tetsu seemed to imply Mogu was binary

joined Apr 26, 2016

He thinks that Mogumo's gender is cause there wasn't a man not that Mogumo has a non binary brain. Also bless you Tetsu fuck him up you bi

joined Apr 26, 2016

Also Kotori getting a gf. Stares at Mei

joined Apr 26, 2016

So Hime someone who has shown revulsion to men is married to one (maybe she's bi but they didn't say that so no way to know) and Akira not only is single but really a blank slate. Like she is a stylist (real stereotype breaking there) anything else?

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

For those who wonder, the title was a reference to the novel by Philip K. Dick: "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?"

Which was the basis of the movie Blade Runner.

Ironically having opposite morals as the book said no

joined Apr 26, 2016

What's strange is like how often is her gender problems referenced more specifically the lack thereof

joined Apr 26, 2016

Sakura lied about Mogu's mom not a good sign

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

To be completely fair though, if you're living with someone but you've caught the disease then you'll almost definitely have infected them too just by virtue of proximity long before the first symptoms show up and alert you that you're sick, so there's really not much point in socially distancing at home.
It's an entirely different thing in public and at work, where most interactions are few- or brief enough that you're unlikely to infect someone unless you actively do something dumb like sneeze or don't wash your hands, therefor social distancing saves lives by minimizing even those risks.

In other words: Mission Success, full yuri authorized.
CARRY ON. (͡o‿O͡)
This

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

To be completely fair though, if you're living with someone but you've caught the disease then you'll almost definitely have infected them too just by virtue of proximity long before the first symptoms show up and alert you that you're sick, so there's really not much point in socially distancing at home.
It's an entirely different thing in public and at work, where most interactions are few- or brief enough that you're unlikely to infect someone unless you actively do something dumb like sneeze or don't wash your hands, therefor social distancing saves lives by minimizing even those risks.

In other words: Mission Success, full yuri authorized.
CARRY ON. (͡o‿O͡)
This

joined Apr 26, 2016

She was being rationalizing to herself why she's stronger than average girl and she came up with "because I'm strong girl". Not much if you don't specifically work out, but probably you'd be still little stronger than cis girl on average, because of biology. Or they're just going off the stereotypes.

This is a huge issue but plenty of "allies" say they dont want trans people competing in their gender's league

joined Apr 26, 2016

Ok so right off the bat the whole physically stronger thing yeah.... Cringe for the most part trans people are not stronger than cis

joined Apr 26, 2016

I feel like pronouns are getting fucked up all over the place though.

Japanese rarely uses any pronouns so the scanlators have to make most of them up and no matter what they pick, someone will probably complain about getting them wrong.

Can we talk about Mogu-chan's ultra sadistic smile?

What an ass. I loved it. I was worried about Kotone’s reaction at first but it seems like she was fine, so it’s all good.

While Ema and Minami are a great boke/tsukkomi pair (nice inconsistent rings, btw), I think neither of them would’ve been a good choice for Kotone because both of them are way too extroverted for her. Mei on the other hand… ohoho. It was nice to see Mei’s determined side in this chapter too.
With pronouns Tetsu will eventually use they for his partner

joined Apr 26, 2016

I only just started, but this series really seems to get how certain labels some people find empowering are hurtful to others. I feel like pronouns are getting fucked up all over the place though.

I messaged the team they said that Tetsu still needs to adjust to Mogu being enby and will eventually start using they

joined Apr 26, 2016

When I saw the "Lesbian sidecouple" tag I clicked so fast thinking it was going to be Mei and Kotone hahahha

Mei still needs to figure out that she is bi or lesbian. Often gender comes first then sexuality.
Also sees Sakura. My bitch sense is going off

joined Apr 26, 2016

How have I been sleeping on this manga?!

Mogumo is cute
Suzu is cute (Suzu and Haruto are super cute together)
Mei is cute
Ten-chan is cute
Tetsu is cute
Sacchan is cute
(Kotone is currently pending)

Everyone in this damn manga is super cute! As a nonbinary it was tough going through Mogumo's life and everyone's confusion and wildly wrong assertion that they had to be a "boy" or a "girl" but it definitely picked up when people started stating that "Mogumo is just Mogumo" because that is the general feel of how nonbinaries represent. Also, I'm not transgender, but did anyone else cringe at the word "girlyboy"?
I do like that they touch on transgender but also touch on men just wanting to dress up. Ten-chan just wants to be who he wants, Suzu likes dressing up but he's gay and simply a man, Sacchan and Mei are transgender women and Mogumo is nonbinary and I love that it's beginning to be just an open space of being who they are. It was a rough start at first but I can't wait to read more.

What I have a beef with is that it's yet again a manga with a catalog of LGBTQ+ people, all conveniently grouped in a single place, who are, conveniently again, learning about how to be comfortable with themselves, and are, conveniently, receiving life-lessons from various nice people. Nothing wrong per se with that, but it's a bit angelic.

And too forced.

Conflicts are magically resolved, bigoted people who spit in the face of, or beat up gay couples because they dared to kiss basically don't exist. A few dialogs and lo, everyone becomes tolerant, or discover their own identity. Gay people attempting suicide or losing their home doesn't seem to be a thing. "All you need is love and understanding!" (cue for a frog to play a mandolin and sing)

As if... we are talking about Japanese society here. Not really a gay friendly society.

Fukakai na Boku no Subete o
Kanojo ni Naritai.
Giniro no Genders
Shimanami Tasogare

They are all trying to be all inclusive and somehow gay friendly. They come off, to me as, "these deviant people aren't stable psychologically and tend to gather together. Beware, they are among us! Try to understand them..."

Bleh... this is just my opinion/feeling. If you enjoy this manga, more power to you.

The thing is though LGBT+ people do tend to converge and group up. My friends are all gay, bisexual or transgender both in real life and online so I can see this happening. Also, I don't need all my mangas about queers to be depressing, I get enough of that from real life. Japan is still slow to accept LGBT+ so them all having a safe haven and being who they are is also believable.
HI 5 fellow enby
Anyways Kotone I think is going to end up with Mei

joined Apr 26, 2016

Fuck trans yeah

joined Apr 26, 2016

Creep Hime made it clear she doesn't like men

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

What a cop-out.

What you mean this is the best way to resolve love triangles

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

Well wedding splash page I'm happy

joined Apr 26, 2016

'tis the season of preachy mangas.

Nani

Like I'm not seeing it
Also so glad Mei is a transbian

That hasn't totally been confirmed yet, has it? I mean, I certainly want her to be, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Although the mangaka is a Yuri fan, so it's pretty likely.

I'm so glad they actually went to a pride event. That happens so rarely, it's great to see.

Bringing your heavily closeted friend who is wracked with internalized homophobia probably isn't the best idea though.

Mei seems to like her and it Tetsu comes out as bi we got a gay bingo

TransHomura
joined Apr 26, 2016

Marriage tag?

joined Apr 26, 2016

'tis the season of preachy mangas.

Nani

Like I'm not seeing it
Also so glad Mei is a transbian

TransHomura
New Game discussion 03 Oct 10:48
joined Apr 26, 2016

In this chapter Aoba tries to stop a break up

joined Apr 26, 2016

Aces?
Cautious optimistic

joined Apr 26, 2016

I was talking in term of character design not in term of in-story mindset.

All ladyboys/non binary here "pass" flawlessly as girls.

Mangakas rarely know how to draw transgender, or at least andrgynous people. Or at least transgender people that don't quite pass, other than drawing them as muscled and unshaved drag queens.

Akira, in that other manga, is at least an effort in that direction. That's why I'm so disappointed in her personality.

Enbys are a bit different. Mogu doesn't care about passing they just look like they want.