Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This has the potential to do so well, I'm very excited to see what direction it goes. I like that eyebrows has her own stuff that she's into (even if she's just a classic yaoi-nerd) and I'm glad she's not been forever lesbian pining for princess girl. And also that she doesn't even really like MC much because well she's a bitch, but still likes her... ascetically? Lol

I'm just super hoping that when (because it will happen) MC tries to make eyebrows look 'cute' that it just looks horrible on her and eyebrows stays as she is but owns it. It's just her confidence that is her problem, not her looks

Even better if MC develops her own interests and doesn't fuss over her hair and makeup so much

Really im just excited to see the romance develop, this shtick is totally my deal

Yeah to all of this.

A few ideas I didn't like have already been ruled out by this very nice chapter. And the other girl STILL has a lot of growing to do which is also nice.

Really don't want the "make her cuter" thing to be prominent or even take up much of the story cause it would be boring.

MC doesn't even like the other girl all that much. Makes the how the heck do they fall for each other even more interesting.

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 3:46AM

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

where's "Yandare" Tag?

Forest%20fairy%20-%20copy
joined Nov 30, 2017

I agree with some other readers. Definitely seems like Kanade might be leaning towards a Yandere type of personality, specifically based around the ideology of keeping that which is pretty, pretty. Even if it's at the cost of herself or others. I look forward to Kanade becoming super possessive of Nanaki and developing borderline murderous tendencies towards those who hurt Nanaki, as well as towards Nanaki when she tries to run. Still want a happy, gay ending though, preferably without too much bloodshed. :3

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 5:57AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Poor little peanut, having to wear that horse hat. She was cute as could be.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Poor little peanut, having to wear that horse hat. She was cute as could be.

Nobody deserves the horse role :'(

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

These characters make me angrier the more chapters I read

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I hope Kanade's issues aren't resolved with a makeover or something like that. In Girlfriends that sort of plot came off as really cute, but with how the "Princess" acts here and looks down on her, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth in this case... Guess I'll have to wait and see. I still can't say I like the princess, but I do like that Kanade only likes how she looks and hates who she is.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MegaWallflower posted:

I hope Kanade's issues aren't resolved with a makeover or something like that. In Girlfriends that sort of plot came off as really cute, but with how the "Princess" acts here and looks down on her, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth in this case... Guess I'll have to wait and see. I still can't say I like the princess, but I do like that Kanade only likes how she looks and hates who she is.

I'd argue it's a completely different, and largely uncomparable, situation. Akko never looked down on Mari for not being fashionable and for Mari it was just a matter of never having really had a chance to be interested in it. Akko befriending her just gave her the chance to experience something she'd never had experience with and she found she liked it.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

MegaWallflower posted:

I'd argue it's a completely different, and largely uncomparable, situation. Akko never looked down on Mari for not being fashionable and for Mari it was just a matter of never having really had a chance to be interested in it. Akko befriending her just gave her the chance to experience something she'd never had experience with and she found she liked it.

Ah, that really helps put it into perspective. Now I get why I'd absolutely hate for that to happen here. Thanks!

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

This is... weird. I just now read both chapters.

There's a really weird mean spirited aura surrounding this manga, but once you know that, it's not a bad thing necessarily. It makes for an interesting story at least. I genuinely don't know what's going to happen next. And I'm excited to see if the author manages to write a good relationship around these two.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

man she'd better not shave her eyebrows lol. as a fellow thick eyebrow female i make no apologies XD love the way you were born ladies. it's what makes you, you! and i've never seen an ugly character in a manga, barring simply ugly art in general. i reallllyyy hope the author doesn't miss congeniality her.

There was this really homely girl with Leonid Brezhnev level eyebrows who wanted to be a child model. It was pathetic! I think her name was Brook Sheels or something. She even wanted to be a Calvin Klein model. As if!

Anyway she probably shaved them off, but the damage was already done, is my bet.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

P.s Are the any other yuri stories where one of the 2 MCs starts out a bitch and becomes likeable? I can't actually think of any lol - even tho it seems like a simple and good idea.

Quite a few is my guess.

Off the top of my head:

The Real Her
Laika, Pavlov, Pochihachikou

Also if she weren't an idiot:

Wakatsuki in Secret Recipe

And all the yuri tsunederes are kind of bitchy
comprehensive tovarisch girl is bitchy and high-strung
so is shiramine in kiss and a white lily, and she's a phony on top of that.

Watamote stars a bi-bitchy girl who gets better but UNpopular

Notes from the garden of lilies from the POV of the other main character.

Shinozaki is super bitchy to her brother

And the other main girl in Watashi no Taisetsu na Tomodachi throws her otaku best friend under the bus to be popullar.

now I want it to go down a messed up codependency route were they are weirdly obsessed with each other and constantly reinforcing every bad trait they have.

Laika, Pavlov, Pochihachikou and The Real Her can both meet your needs.
Look with your special eyes!

last edited at Jul 20, 2018 3:03AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Laika, Pavlov, Pochihachikou and The Real Her can both meet your needs.
Look with your special eyes!

SM is not the same as being mentally ill ^^;

Well LPP though ... right. True. Doesn't mean there can't be another manga like that ;)

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

That conversation in the stairwell went entirely differently then how I thought it would. I have trouble believing Kurokawa feels that way after being verbally abused by this girl and people like her since early childhood. Sheer force of cuteness I guess? I really don't know.

last edited at Jul 20, 2018 3:31PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

That conversation in the stairwell went entirely differently then how I thought it would. I have trouble believing Kurokawa feels that way after being verbally abused by this girl and people like her since early childhood. Sheer force of cuteness I guess? I really don't know.

I think Eyebrows feels like that because it has been ingrained into her that pretty people shouldn't suffer because they lose their shine once they're suffering. It could also be explained that she likes cute girls being mean to her cuz she's a submissive, but doesn't know it yet. Either way Kurokawa hating the Princess is a lot better than the "I loved her since i first saw her" option since it has been done to death and even done by the author in his other works.

last edited at Jul 20, 2018 6:48PM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Megane Yandere Yuri.
Triple kill.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

It could also be explained that she likes cute girls being mean to her cuz she's a submissive, but doesn't know it yet.

Oh she definitely looks like a sub.

Either way Kurokawa hating the Princess is a lot better than the "I loved her since i first saw her" option since it has been done to death and even done by the author in his other works.

I happen to really like unrequited love stories, but I can see why people wouldn't like it here, since everyone seems to hate MC's guts.

J_Alfred_Prufrock
joined Jul 22, 2018

I'm really enjoying Nanaki's personality so far. She's mean spirited and that's it. Doesn't even try to pretend otherwise like so many pretty girls often do in manga haha.

As for Kanede, I'm down for her despising Nanaki, but the story has been more tell than show on this regard. From how she behaves it looks like she feels a mix of respect and reverence towards Nanaki rather than distaste.

C'mon, I'm here for that nemesis turned lovers.

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

I'm withholding judgement until more development but I wouldn't mind seeing growth on both sides (as in horse-head girl steps shit up a bit).

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So Kurokawa has the hots for conceited princess-like girls? That sure is an unique taste.

last edited at Jul 22, 2018 8:25PM

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

"Are you really that simple? If I were you, I'd have told all my friends and been laughing behind your back. I mean, I've always made fun of you, calling you ugly and everything."

"No one is allowed to deprive Fujishiro of her sparkle."

Cool, so one is completely without empathy or remorse for a life of social cruelty, and the other justifies her behavior with "she's a princess, she was born to be high above us rabble". This feels like a dating sim where King Joffrey is the protagonist.

Ikr, who would've thought the inferiority complex of hers somehow made her fcked in the head like that

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

blopa posted:

So Kurokawa has the hots for conceited princess-like girls? That sure is an unique taste.

I don't think is unique at all, as sad as it might be ... Well, is mostly when it comes to sexual acts, but yeah they do exist (I'm not part of that group btw!!! I like funny girls with crazy eyes for the record)

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Ooooh, are we stepping into the dangerously delightful realm of SM roleplay? Nanaki would definitely make a great mistress.

last edited at Jul 24, 2018 12:36AM

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

Maybe she's one of those queen bee's who controls the peasents minds from Akema ga Kill.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

"Let me pay you back with my body"
Me: oh yes~
"I will use the skills I have to make you a little bit cuter!"
Me: oh... yes?

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 8:17PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.