Forum › Posts by Orangey

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss it's back and I've reread the entire thing in one go again and it's making me go eeeeeeeeee with the cuteness, ugh why is it so good! I also love the mix of Yuri/otome fantasy game with actual real life issues

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014
Mahittah-1753444384534868147-img1

Yes pleaaseeee

joined Mar 12, 2014

I need more Marcille x Falin, it is honestly so cute how Marcille admires Falin

I also now firmly believe this is canon and you can't convince me otherwise

joined Mar 12, 2014

Koto clearly didn't think of the consequences of dating a kid until now. Aya is 21 in law now, yes. But you still have to suffer criticism from the people who don't know the whole story (not like they would believe it even if you confessed). The best way to say is my girlfriend just look fucking young. They would accept it. However, Koto doesn't even seem to have that kind of courage. Just went straight to "she is my relative's kid" route.
If Aya wants to break up with her for that, l would totally understand.

I get the logic here, but Aya is 15 (or whatever age she was when she was spirited away I cant recall) - she hasn't aged and she hasn't grown, so physically and mentally she is 15. I think it would also be unfair for her to be presented as a 21 year old who looks young, so she then has that expectation to act like a 21 year old. Aya so far is the only one who is pushing herself to be older than she is

For that reason I get why Koto hesitated, because she is dating Aya as 15 year old Aya and not 21 year old Aya. Im not surprised she lied. I definitely agree with you that she hasn't thought through the consequences of dating her at all LOL, so messy but so fun

joined Mar 12, 2014

I really like Erika's character and how her blunt 14yr old self carries through 7 years later - the plot would not be moving forward if it wasn't for her lol. Really not getting the villain vibes, just because she is crushing on Koto, she can't do good things for her because then she has ulterior motives - like OK, guess she can't be a good supportive friend then?

She's been presented so far as trying to help both Koto and Aya with this weird situation, I can see the tatabana twist happening, but the rest doesnt match up to what we are being shown so far

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

The initial "are you an idiot" made me laugh so much

joined Mar 12, 2014

My fucking god the sudden introduction of shit disturber characters is the worst trope/ plot device in the history of romance manga.

I understand the ooooh she's going to be the driving force that makes yuzu realize her own feeling but that doesn't make it any less of a shit tool.

I feel like especially shit like this happens too much in romcom type romances where the author can't seem to find a way to push their characters without using a melodrama drama genre trope.

Honestly this, when I saw her appear in Chap 13 I immediately was like oh no, I'm not going to like this development and then Chap 14 really drove that home...

Also throughout this manga, it gave the vibe of "homophobia doesn't exist/super normal to date girls" which is fine, it happens a lot in Yuri and at least it means you can forgo the angsty "but we're both girls!!" route - though now with this new character being like "oh I have a chance cause you also like girls!" it really is now having to address that to date girls means you are part of a minority, though maybe this will be ignored by the classic "I don't see her as a girl, I see her as Yuzu" which I really hate as a trope.

To me its lazy writing, Yuzu has been projecting "friend only" signs throughout the whole manga so far, I think it would've been more interesting for Minami to confess and for Yuzu to deal with that, whenever she does something too touchy she would become hyper aware and awkward, her thinking over what she thinks their friendship is, maybe the confession triggering something to make her think about Minami in a romantic way and then slowly developing feelings.

But introducing this meddling student who's going to be very blatant in how she feels, just for a an easy solution of "Yuzu will feel jealous and then realise her feelings" is so boring...

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

This is cute, and something I could see happening in actual real life. One girlfriend just wants to do cute matching couple things online because they can't meet up IRL for a while, other girlfriend just wants to play the game normally and thinks wayyyy too much into the matching thing lolol. This is why you TALK TO EACH OTHER!

joined Mar 12, 2014

Lets have more bisexual characters, let's gooooo

I'm down for this, enemies to lovers but gay is always my vibe. So far it's running a bit slow, but as long as we get there then all's good with me

joined Mar 12, 2014

What on earth happened in this last chapter, why was there senpai cosplay and the sudden coincidental rush of the senpai being the one to reassure Ayaka wtf

The more this goes on, the more I don't want Ayaka and Hiroko to date lololol, it would be nice if Hiroko could just get with her old boss

joined Mar 12, 2014

"Hiroko doesn't want to come out in the office because of this situation that happened in her past"

Ayaka: I know, I'll just shout that I love her in a busy office and force her to address this in a really uncomfortable way

WILD to me that this is something we're meant to agree with - I get it's goofy romcom & very in character for Ayaka to make a not very thought out choice - but what happened to Hiroko in the past could easily be a very real scenario, would've been nice for her to acknowledge where Hiroko is coming from and maybe have a quiet word with her and then go from there.

Cause like, what are the options here? Hiroko says she likes her too, forcing her to come out, or she has to try and awkwardly laugh it off? She runs away, creating more rumours?? Or is it going to be the case that suddenly homophobia doesn't exist and everyone is super accepting? Im interested to see where this is going to go....

joined Mar 12, 2014

Saw Kabedon in tags: excitement
Saw Kabedon in the chapter: boooooo

joined Mar 12, 2014

Ahhh, this chapter kind of made me sad - for some reason out of all of the others - I though we would see a little give from Komaki here with the hug and hand holding and Hishikawa being a little vulnerable. The fact that we got nothing and she was pushed away really made me realise that these two aren't going to progress

The two guys have even gotten closer from this chapter alone than any of the actual main characters, I would not be surprised if we saw them going on a date in future chapters which will make Hishikawa even more jealous

I'm not sure how this will end, maybe with hishikawa being OK that she can't date Komaki? A girl comes along that is just as intense and they go out? (Probably not likely but it would be nice if Hishikawa could date someone who actually likes her in that way) but either way this chapter made me a bit sad for Hishikawa

last edited at Jul 27, 2022 2:00AM

joined Mar 12, 2014

Honestly, this was a pretty great oneshot. I think I missed the love triangle tag because at the end when Yuki starts falling for Arashi I really enjoyed the irony of Arashi trying to help Mao but unknowingly making it more difficult for her from joining their friendship group, hence title

I think it would be interesting as a series but only if Arashi never fell for either of them and is determined to be their friends and dates someone outside the circle. It could have some interesting complications with Arashi being Mao's biggest supporter and maybe trying to arrange double dates (which end up getting awkward), Mao getting frustrated when she sees how much Yuki wants to spend time with Arashi but is trying to tone down the possessiveness because Arashi has clearly said to her "I'm not a threat" but this could bubble over when she realises Yuki's crushing on Arashi, and Yuki being oblivious to Mao liking her is going through some introspection on having a crush on a friend and is unsure whether she wants to pursue it or even to confess when Arashi excitedly tells them about her dates

But I do like it as a oneshot, you KNOW there would be drama is this was a series

joined Mar 12, 2014

"I date random guys to get your attention" so knowing that Rin's mum casually left to get with some guy and how Rin now hates cheating/superficial relationships and this was your play??

I don't get why Rin agreed to the relationship in the first place, it would've made sense I guess if she wanted to try and be friends again, but like I really do not get the pov people have on Momoka being the one who's right, when she doesn't communicate, gets jealous and bullies her friend, pushes for kisses (and sex??) when Rin isn't ready, and then because she's frustrated about the relationship cheats on her? Like wtf is this toxic relationship

Don't get me wrong, I love it when you toxic relationships in manga but not when they're portrayed to be healthy

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

From the same author as Octave, omg we are blessed. This looks like a great slow burn, I thought the drama would be that she would cheat straight away but it looks like it's going to be a long game kind of deal, I love this

I'm all about this kind of trope so yessssss

joined Mar 12, 2014

This is the good shit

Also liked that you saw that she doesnt leave her friend to "bully" (lol) the girl, as she's looking on approvingly in one of the panels. We need more cute shit like this!

joined Mar 12, 2014

Hahaha, I will already say Gemini/Virgo is best pairing but that's only because I'm a Gemini and my girlfriend is a Virgo! We are obviously nothing like the pairings here though xD I'm just glad they didn't go for the obvious twincest route because that would've been sooooo predictable

joined Mar 12, 2014

"I planned to take my grandmother on a ride on this bike, but unfortunately she passed away before I was able to. It is one of my biggest regrets"

"Wow... Hey, so do you have a boyfriend?"

Like, what a garbage opener omg hahaha

What I wanna know is if smoker girl is gonna be aro/ace in a way that she is fully not interested, or in the way that she is realising she might be gay like our MC (though our MC could also be aro/ace and interested in women though from how things are unfolding I don't think it's very likely)

joined Mar 12, 2014

I actually really like that they used the terms asexual and aromatic here, I hardly come across these terms in any kind of manga and this it's good that they get a bit more exposure here instead of just the usual "I've never been interested in anyone before..." line. I used to think I was a outright ace until I met my girlfriend, (I still think I'm on the ace scale somewhere, but not really that bothered in putting a label on it) so it's really not that surprising to me that she thinks she's ace&aro, especially if she's not been interested in any romance at all up until this point.

Orangey
joined Mar 12, 2014

Gotta hate that biological pain

joined Mar 12, 2014

This was a really good opening chapter and actually a legit reason on why the MC is going to try to hide that she is gay. A lot of mangas I get annoyed when there's the miscommunication which could easily get resolved by just talking, but here we have already seen a situation where the MC did talk about being LGBT in a area that she thought was safe from her friends being like "I don't see why people have issues with anyone LGBT" to then having her school life ruined the next day from discrimination and her parents being shitty

I'll be interested to see where this goes. I have a feeling the author girl is likely just pretending she is also not LGBT to make this girl feel comfortable (as she likely thought she was straight) and then it'll just go from there

joined Mar 12, 2014

"I want to be single for a bit, whoops looks like I've moved in with another girl who is my type I'm sure this won't backfire" gotta love these lesbians

joined Mar 12, 2014

Damn this is one hot mess

joined Mar 12, 2014

This really took me by surprise!!!! I honestly thought they were just gonna be subtext roommates that were actually both straight. So Shima being canonically gay was something I never saw coming!

I would still be happy if these two remain friends though but eventually find partners. Dang! Canonically gay. God damn!