Forum › Posts by iNeedaName

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

I normally don’t bother with H content, but, god, how can a story with this kind of premise be so intoxicatingly cute? Both Asumi and Nanao are incredibly adorable, and I absolutely love it. I can genuinely say that I am actually reading this for the literal plot, especially because seeing Nanao clumsily stumbling through and coming to understand her feelings for Asumi is just so wholesome and endearing. I genuinely love the writing for this, and based off the title and premise I most certainly did not think it would be so heartwarming. Now, if Nanao gets her heart broken, I’m going to have to start a riot. I need to stop myself before I continue repeating myself as a I redundantly gush over this.

joined May 16, 2017

Half-dwarf teacher is absolutely adorable, and I love her giant glasses… but she was directly touching the lenses when she adjusted them! She was straight up gripping them nearly in the middle of the lens! Maybe they’re special magical smudge-proof lenses…?

joined May 16, 2017

Aaaaah, I just binge read everything out this far. I decided to check it out after checking the latest uploads with the yuri tag, even though I had somewhat low expectations due to the title. However, both the setting and the character dynamic are significantly more interesting than I’d anticipated, and I absolutely love the art. Elsa is just so absurdly cute and sweet, I just can’t help but desperately wish for everything to work out for her.

Do sort of wish that Evie/Yvonne was a little bit more aware of her feelings, as it almost seems as though the very idea of a same-sex romance has never occurred to her, in spite of how exceptionally honest and forward Elsa has been with her feelings for her.

Also, unrelated to the story itself, but, just wanted to share a big thanks to the TL! I assume it’s (mostly) one person based off the “group” name, but, either way, they’re doing an exceptional job. I also have to commend the redrawing job for the effects, now that they’ve started doing the full conversion. On top of that, I also really appreciate the meta notes at the end of each chapter regarding the equivalent WN content and such.

All in all, very glad I happened to randomly check this out! and also the cafe owner/manager is a great person, even if some of the patrons are shite

joined May 16, 2017

I’ve said before, but, even though Mochi’s characters and writing can be a bit more aggressive than I’d like based off real-life standards, I get over it just for the unique art style alone. Plus, the sheer absurdity of the hijinks and curveballs helps maintain interest. But, more than anything, I’m addicted to their facial expressions, from cute, funny, and even occasionally creepy, there is something so charmingly attractive about Mochi’s art. Also, their significant use of massive amounts of blush is a personal favorite.

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 4:21AM

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

I ship the demon king with the maid.... FIGHT ME

Why would I fight my allies?

iNeedaName
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Sep 19:32
joined May 16, 2017

It's vampires, they're not going to ask nicely. Though of course the joke in this series is that Ichika takes as much advantage of it from her side.

Oh, yeah, I actually hadn’t even thought much of the bloodsucking, haha. I was mostly thinking of how aggressive Ichika was from the beginning, even when she wasn’t expecting Aria to have any sort of mutual interest.

Even though I always notice how such actions would be skeezy in real life, I’ve mostly become fine with it, largely in part because, y’know, these are romance stories after all, and it’s effectively given that the pair will get together. Just something I’ve always found a bit strange, and wonder if it’s simply a sort of minor form of culture shock.

Although, pretty much the only romance I ever read or watch is yuri, so, maybe it’s more prevalent than I’m aware of in western media as well. Could definitely relate it to the cliches of romance stories where some guy pretty much effectively stalks the love interest, and just continues to pursue them until they fall in love, as they somehow found the stubbornness to be attractive. Of course, I think in some ways that might be an even worse trope, bad though both may be.

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 7:33PM

iNeedaName
VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Sep 10:03
joined May 16, 2017

Just caught back up after having forgotten about this one while waiting for updates a year or so ago... Ended up reading the entire thing from the beginning again, and accidentally pulled an all-nighter as a result! The sun has risen, and I still want more, but, I’m happy.

Although this manga has always had a fair amount of fanservice, I do feel like the last 10 or so chapters have had a notable uptick in both frequency and severity of somewhat inorganic feeling nudity. I’m not too fond of the mix, but, I’m still just such a massive sucker for both vampires, and a genuine heartfelt mutual romance developing like this that I don’t even mind.

I’m actually glad I had forgotten about it for so long, because a number of these plot developments would have been much harsher with an added wait between each chapter! It almost feels like a bit of tonal whiplash at times, going from the cute and comedic naïveté of the two main characters, to sudden graphic violence, traumatic backgrounds, and superficially philosophical nihilism regarding death and the will to live.

Anyways, I’m just happy to be here for the ride! I like the comedy, ALL the girls are cute, and I adore both the character design and art style.

Although the healthiness of the relationships, particularly early on and regarding the treatment and “generous” evaluation of actual consent are notably problematic from a realistic evaluation, I was largely able to look past it due to both standard suspension of disbelief, coupled with the overwhelming familiarity with the matter due to its prevalence in so many manga.

Anyways, I’m writing all the from my phone at 7am because I just spent the last 3 hours reading everything that’s out, so, I just needed to offload my thoughts before I pass out. Either way, I look forward to more happiness and wholesomeness. Any evil organization that might try to interfere with their love in any way shape or form should immediately explode. I will not stand for anything short of a happily-ever-after!

joined May 16, 2017

I absolutely adore this wholesome and fluffy story. It’s terribly sad that it got axed so absurdly quickly, but I am extremely grateful that we were still able to get at least this much.

Cute, wholesome, funny, and an absolutely fantastic cast. Although the axing resulted in a largely simplistic slice-of-life setting, it was thoroughly pleasant to read. Not to mention, the art style is downright beautiful, albeit slightly marred by the problem of relatively prevalent same-face. None the less, quite possibly one of my very favorites. Could only wish for more.

joined May 16, 2017

Neighbor has fantastic taste. Fangs are cute af, and delivery lady looked absolutely adorable. Pray to see their happy reunion!

joined May 16, 2017

Perhaps someday we’ll see a sixth chapter...

joined May 16, 2017

..Yep, I like this. I like this a lot. Er, rather, a totally normal amount, actually. Yep. Yep yep.

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

Good read can't believe it's already March tho
Prob should start studying instead of reading yuri

Wrong! Every month is yuri month! Allow your motivations and admirable desires of self-improvement fall to the wayside, for all that you need in life is yuri!

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

I love it, but at the same time, it was kinda jarring going from the cliche sweet love-struck commentary of Ucchi’s mind, to Kuro’s perspective talking the “slut friends” and thinking “she some kind of lesbo?!”

Again, love the story and the ending, but just made for a distinct reminder of Kuro’s worldview in the actual source. Yet, even still, I’m a total sucker for Ucchi love.

As for the source, I can’t see anything actually happening until they both do some growing up. Would’ve loved if this could have been longer to allow for some development like that, though it’s an unreasonable expectation for a standalone doujin.

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

Super glad the translation got finished, even if it is so late! Had this on my list for ages, so I was quite surprised when I saw that the whole second volume was suddenly translated.

In the end, it felt slightly rushed, and it has its cliches, but I’m an absolute sucker for any happy fluff that goes beyond subtext, so I’m satisfied with this!

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

-“Funny, right?”

-“No... No, it’s not...”

aw fuck, I felt that. I physically felt that whole interaction. I had a visceral reaction to that cliffhanger.

I hate this story, but also love it. I fundamentally hate cheating, yet I still somehow find this plight sympathetic, in spite of similar stories eliciting no feelings of the sort.

I feel bad for the husband, the mother-in-law, the poor girl that got unexpectedly caught in it... and, although to a lesser extent, I even feel bad for the protagonist, cheater though she may be.

I imagine the reason this feels different to me is due to the sheer straightforward naïveté of the protagonist. Although it clearly does not excuse her actions in the slightest, it is easier to find her sympathetic when the circumstances seem to be a result of simple idly drifting through life, purely due to a lack of knowledge of anything greater being obtainable.

Although we haven’t gotten a terribly great degree of insight into the matter yet, it seems the husband is likely to be genuinely in love with her, whereas the protagonist’s affection for him seems to go little beyond that of a close friend or family member.

My speculation is that she may not have even been aware what genuine love felt like, and thus assumed the relationship she developed with him was the extent of such feelings. However, now, for (possibly?) the first time in her life, she actually wholeheartedly loves someone.

I am both quite excited to see where this goes, yet simultaneously dreading the pain that I am certain will inevitably accompany it. I can virtually guarantee that there is no way for this story to have a completely happy ending. It looks to be written in stone that there will be suffering aplenty before the conclusion. I do truly hope that things might develop in the least painful way possible, but, frankly, I do not at all anticipate any manner of smooth sailing. Things will surly become plenty cruel and rough before the clouds might ever clear.

Wow, things got both a bit redundant and pretentious at the end there, but, I’m going to sleep. It’s too late at night to revise this, so, we’ll see if I remember to fix things up in the future.

last edited at Aug 20, 2019 4:05AM

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

So, is this just not going to be hosted here now? Last comments are from a month back, and there doesn’t seem to have been any change since then.

Anyways, just was looking for discussion threads on this since I just read Chapter 3 elsewhere. I gotta say, I absolutely adore the development, and cannot wait for the next chapter. Just positively lovely so far, and so desperately deserves far more attention than it currently seems to have.

Regardless of hosting matters, and whatever other sort of circumstances may be going on behind the scenes, I greatly appreciate the work of the scan team. I am quite grateful to be given the opportunity to actually read this.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 4:25AM

iNeedaName
Untitled discussion 18 Jul 01:13
joined May 16, 2017

I had no idea just how cute a witch Ucchi could be. Also, I love the combo of witch Ucchi and witch Emoji-2.0! In fact, I can’t remember, have we ever seen them interact or acknowledge each other before?

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

Sadly, it’s rather rare for any Mochi-verse pairing to have a truly healthy relationship. Seems like half of them have some severe issue or another, not uncommonly including abuse. Yet, here I am, shamelessly reading it all the same.

90% of the relationships I wouldn’t be able to support in good conscience IRL, but Mochi somehow seems to usually do a good job of letting me get into the story enough that I just sort of accept the character’s perception of normalcy.

Regardless of the fact that I (typically) dislike incestuous, abusive, or any other manner of unsavory and/or morally grey relationships, I still can’t get enough of Mochi’s work. I absolutely adore the art style, and I do usually enjoy the humor. In the end, I love it all, for better or worse. Now if only Mochi would actually continue “More Than Friends?”! That’s all I’ve wanted for ages now!

iNeedaName
Image Comments 20 Apr 02:05
joined May 16, 2017
Ezgif-4-0aba962b2457

She almost escaped the closet with the help of her friends... but she instead got tangled up in the coats, and tripped face-first into the door instead.

iNeedaName
Image Comments 20 Apr 02:00
joined May 16, 2017
Movies

Rep that deluxe wholesome Ucchi gang. <3

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

This is absolutely adorable. I need more Ucchi. Now if only she didn’t sabotage herself so much...

iNeedaName
joined May 16, 2017

At least 99 times out of 100, short hair is 1,000% better than long hair, in my opinion. Still true here. Would also love if they both had short hair.

joined May 16, 2017

I NEED MOOOOORE

iNeedaName
Their Story discussion 22 Dec 18:14
joined May 16, 2017

"Don't you threaten me with a good time!"

joined May 16, 2017

Very enjoyable series. Great characters, and good writing and humor. Do hope they stay together, or at least get back together after the initial break-up. I want the ship to sail one way or another by the end, dammit!